East Central Railway Recruitment 2015 Against Sports Quota – ECR Sports Quota Application
General Manager (P),
East Central Railway,
East Central Railway Recruitment under Sports Quota for the year 2015 – 16.
Closing Date for East Central Railway Recruitment 2015 : 08.12.2015.
East Central Railway Closing Date for applicants of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, J&K, Andaman & Nicobar & Lakshdweep islands, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh and candidates residing abroad – 22.12.2015.
1. East Central Railway Applications are invited from the eligible and outstanding sportspersons in the prescribed format ( attached ) for filling up of 21 ( Twenty One ) vacancies in Pay Band – 1 ( Pay Scale 5200 – 20200 ) in Grade Pay 1900 / 2000 & 2400 / 2800/- ; 10 ( Ten ) vacancies in Grade Pay 1800 in ECR HQ / Hajipur and total 25 ( Twenty Five ) vacancies in Pay Band – 1 ( Pay Scale 5200 – 20200 ) in Grade Pay 1800/- in all the 5 – Divisions i.e. Dhanbad, Danapur. Mughalsarai, Sonepur and Samastipur ) against Sports Quota ( Open Advertisement ). The Railway Administration reserves the right to modify the number of vacancies.
2. Sports discipline wise vacancies are as under :
Requirement of Players in HQ / ECR, Hajipur :
|Sl. No.||Game / Event||Position||Grade Pay - wise Requirement||Total in Event|
|2800 & 2400||2000 & 1900||1800|
|1.||Basketball ( Women )||Pivot||01||01||-||02|
|2.||Basketball ( Men )||Pivot||01||-||-||01|
|3.||Football ( Men )||Mid Fielder||-||01||-||01|
|4.||Football ( Women )||Right Back||-||01||-||01|
|5.||Kabaddi ( women )||Left Corner||-||01||-||01|
|6.||Kabaddi ( Men )||Raider||-||01||-||01|
|7.||Wrestling ( Men )||57 Kg. F/S||-||-||01||01|
|59 Kg. G/R||-||-||01||01|
|61 Kg. F/S||-||-||01||01|
|65 Kg. F/S||-||-||01||01|
|66 Kg. G/R||-||01||-||01|
|74 Kg. F/S||-||-||01||01|
|97 Kg. F/S||-||-||01||01|
|130 Kg. G/R||-||-||01||01|
Note : If suitable candidates are not found for the above vacancies in Grade Pay 2800 / 2400, the vacancies may be downgraded for Grade Pay 2000 / 1900 in the same game & position. Accordingly, players who are eligible for Grade Pay 2000 / 1900 may also apply for the identified position & game in Grade Pay 2800 / 2400 but their final selection shall be subject to downgrading of the posts by competent authority.
Requirement of Players in Grade Pay 1800 in all the 05 – Divisions of East Central Railway :
|Total Requirement as per Division-wise Quota||05||05||05||05||05||25|
|S.N.||Game / Event||Position||Discipline wise requirement of divisions||Total in Event|
|1.||Football ( Men )||Goalkeeper||-||-||-||01||-||01|
|2.||Valleyball ( Men )||Attacker / Smasher||01||-||-||-||-||01|
|Lifter / Universal||-||-||-||01||-||01|
|3.||Badminton ( Men )||-||02||01||-||02||02||07|
|4.||Badminton ( Women )||-||01||-||-||-||02||03|
|5.||Athletics Spritnter ( Male )||100 mtrs / 200 mtrs||01||-||-||-||-||01|
|6.||Kabaddi ( Women )||-||-||01||-||-||-||01|
|7.||Basketball ( Women )||Feeder||-||01||-||-||-||01|
Note : Centralised Trial for each Game will be conducted against the posts of Grade Pay 2800 / 2400 & 2000 / 1900 and separate Centralized Trail will be conducted for the posts of Grade Pay 1800. Hence, the applicants should apply at one place against the post of same Grade Pay as the trial will be conducted centrally.
3. Period of Reckoning Sports Achievements :
For recruitment against sports quota, the sports achievements shall be in the current and / or immediate previous 02 ( two ) financial years and sportsperson shall be an active player. For this purpose, previous two financial years from the date of notification, shall be taken into account.
For example, notification issued in 2015 – 16 ( i.e. from 01.04.2015 to 31.03.2016 ) for recruitment against Sports Quota, the sports achievements of current Year ( 2015 – 16 ) and previous two financial years. i.e. 2013 – 14 and 2014 – 15 shall be taken into account and therefore, sports achievements on or after 01.04.2013 shall only be considered for appointment in the extant case. For this purpose, concluding day / date of the Tournament / Championship shall be taken into account.
4. Age Limit for East Central Railway Sports Quota 2015 :
The ECR Sports Quota age limit will be 18 – 25 years. ( The age of sports person will be reckoned as on 01.01.2016 ). No relaxation in upper or lower age limit will be given.
5. Minimum Educational Qualification for East Central Railway Sports Quota Recruitment 2015 :
- In G.P. – 1800 – Matriculation or ITI or equivalent or higher education.
- In G.P – 1900 / 2000 – 12th Pass or equivalent or higher education.
- In G.P – 2400 – Intermediate in Science with Maths & Physics ( If recruited in Technician Grade ).
- In G.P – 2800 – Graduation or equivalent.
6. East Central Railway Sports Quota Examination Fees 2015 :
The ECR Sports Quota examination fees for recruitment against Sports Quota will be 100/-. Fee can be paid only in the form of Indian Postal Order of above amount. Date of issue of IPO should not be before the date of issue of this Employment Notice.
- All Female Candidates, SC / ST, Minority ( Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Zorastrians ( Parsis ) ) and Economically Backward Class candidates are fully exempted from examination fees.
- Economically backward class candidates means whose family income is less than 50,000 per annum. They have to produce income certificate on letter head in the prescribed format as shown in Annexure – ‘A’ for exemption from ECR Sports Quota Examination Fee.
Postal order should be in favour of ‘FA & CAO, East Central Railway’ & payable at Hajipur. ECR Sports Quota Examination fee will not be refundable in any case.
7. East Central Railway Sports Quota Medical Examination 2015 : The sportsperson ( Male / Female ) to be appointed shall fulfill the minimum medical norms after examination by Railway Medical Authority for the post for which he / she has to be considered for appointment.
8. East Central Railway Sports Quota Procedure for Recruitment 2015 :
- Selection will be conducted through Trial and ECR Sports Quota Interview. No TA / DA / Accommodation will be provided for attending trial / ECR Sports Quota interview. The candidate may have to stay for 2 – 3 days during ECR Sports Quota selection for which he / she has to make his / her own arrangement.
- Dope test can be done if need arises.
- Videography will be conducted of all field trial to maintain transparency.