East Central Railway Recruitment 2016 Against Scout & Guide Quota
General Manager (P),
East Central Railway,
East Central Railway applications are invited for the following posts in Headquarter and divisions of E.C.Railway for Recruitment against Scout & Guide Quota of 2016 – 2017 :
1. In Headquarter Office of E.C.Railway : 02 Group ‘C’ posts ( One from Scouts and one from Guides ) in PB – 1 (5200 – 20200/- ) + Grade Pay 1900
2. In 5 Divisions of E.C.Railway i.e. Dhanbad, Danapur, Mughalsarai, Sonpur and Samastipur : 10 erstwhile Group ‘D’ Posts (02 posts for each division ( One from Scouts and one from Guides )) in PB – 1 ( 5200 – 20200/- ) + Grade Pay 1800.
East Central Railway Scout & Guide Quota Minimum Qualification 2016 :
- For Group ‘C’ ( Grade Pay : 1900 ) : 12th pass with 50% marks from recognized Board or its equivalent or higher education.
- For erstwhile Group ‘D’ ( Grade Pay : 1800 ) : 10th Pass from recognized Board or ITI or equivalent or higher education.
- A President‘s Scout / Guide / Ranger / Rover Or Himalayan Wood Badge Holder in any section.
- Should have been an active member of Scouts Organisation for at least 05 years.
- Should have attended two events at National Level or all Indian Railways level and two events at State Level.
Age Limit for East Central Railway Scout & Guide Quota 2016 :
For Group ‘C’ ( Grade Pay – 1900 ) : 18 to 29 years.
For erstwhile Group ‘D’ ( Grade Pay – 1800 ) : 18 to 32 years [ age will be reckoned on 01.01.2017 ]
( Upper age relaxation of 05 years for SC / ST, 03 years for OBC and 10 years for Physically Challenged Persons ).
East Central Railway Scout & Guide Quota Examination Fee 2016 :
The EC Railway Scout & Guide examination fee 2016 to be paid through Indian Postal Order.
- For all candidates except SC / ST, Ex-Servicemen, Persons with 40% or above Disabilities (PWDs), Women, Minorities and Economically Backward Class candidates fee is 500/-.
- For all candidates SC / ST, Ex-Servicemen, Persons with 40% or above Disabilities (PWDs), Women, Minorities and Economically Backward Class candidates fee is 250/- Refund of the same amount will be made to those who actually appear in the written examination.
- Economically Backward Class candidates means whose family income is less than 50,000 per annum.
( They have to produce income certificate in the prescribed format. )
IPO ( Indian Postal Order ) should be pledged in favour of ‘FA&CAO, East Central Railway’ and payable at Hajipur. Examination fee will not be refundable in any case.
East Central Railway Scout & Guide Quota Application 2016 :
- The format should be neatly typed or handwritten either in Hindi or in English with one recent passport size photograph in full Scout / Guide uniform duly signed to be pasted on the application form.
- Candidates should send the East Central Railway application :
General Manager (personnel),
E.C.Railway Headquarter Office,
Bihar – 844 101.
by ordinary post so as to reach on/before the last date. The candidate may drop the application in the drop-box provided for the purpose in the above office up to 18.00 Hrs. on/before the last date.
Neither application will be accepted after the closing date in any circumstance, nor enclosure will be received Separately after the receipt of application for attachment with application.
- Candidate may apply for Group ‘C’ Posts (Grade Pay : 1900) and/or erstwhile Group ‘D’ Posts (Grade Pay : 1800). Candidates are advised to send separate application for Group ‘C’ and erstwhile Group ‘D’ Posts.
- The following enclosures should be attached with the application :
- Two recent passport size photograph in full Scout / Guide uniform duly signed on the back of them, should be attached along with the application form.
- Indian Postal Order of Prescribed amount ( in favour of ‘FA&CAO, East Central Railway’ payable at Hajipur ).
- Necessary proof for claiming fee refund.
- Xerox copy of certificates attested by Gazetted Officer / Self Attested in support of age, Educational Qualification and participation certificate in Scout & Guide activities for their eligibility.
- Xerox copy of Caste Certificate attested by Gazetted Officer / Self Attested in case of SC / ST candidates. For OBC candidates, current non-creamy layer certificate ( Valid for Central Government Service ) issued by the competent authority should be enclosed.
- The envelope containing the application with all enclosures should clearly by indicated Application against Scout & Guide Quota.
Procedure for East Central Railway Scout & Guide Quota Recruitment 2016 :
- The candidate, who apply in response to above notification issued against Scout & Guide Quota and are found eligible for consideration for appointment, will be assessed on the basis of East Central Railway Written Test, Scout & Guide Qualification over and above the minimum prescribed eligibility condition and Scouting Skill Assessment.
- Separate Written Test will be organized for Group’C’ and erstwhile Group’D’ Posts.
Distribution of Marks :
|Sl.No.||Particulars of Test and Scout & Guide Activity||Maximum Allotted Marks|
( The written test will consist of 40 objective questions (40 marks) & one essay type question ( marks ) related to Scout & Guide Organization and its activities and General Knowledge for Grade Pay 1900/- and Grade Pay 1800. The Syllabus for this mentioned in the notification. 1/3rd marks will be deducted for each wrong answer / deemed wrong answer ).
|2.||Scouting Skill Assessment||10 Marks|
|A Skill Assessment Committee will assess the practical ability of the candidates.|
|3.||Marks on certificates||40 Marks|
|(a)||Participation/Service rendered in National Events/National Jamboree (including All Indian Railway Event) (10 Marks)
( One additional Event - 7 marks; Two or more additional events - 10 marks )
|(b)||Participation/Service rendered in State Events / Rails (10 Marks)
( One additional Event - 7 Marks; Two or More additional Events - 10 marks )
|(c)||Specialized Scout / Guides course organized at National/State/All Indian Railways level (10 Marks)
( One Course - 7 marks and Two or more Course - 10 marks )
|(d)||Participation in District Rallies (10 Marks)
( Two Certificate - 7 marks; Three Certificate - 10 marks)
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
Minimum Qualifying Marks :
- In East Central Railway 2016 Written Test, the candidate who will obtain 40% marks out of 50, will be eligible to be called for next stage of Scouting Skill Assessment and Evaluation of Achievement Certificates.
- The number of candidates to be called for next stage of test will be equal to 5 times of the number of vacancies of Scout / Guide. If more than one candidate will obtain equal marks as lowest cut-off marks among five times, all such candidates will be called for next stage of test.
- 40% marks in aggregate ( 100 Marks ) will be minimum qualifying marks for empanelment. The panel will be formed purely on merit basis.
The selected candidates against erstwhile Group’D’ Posts (Grade Pay : 1800) may be posted in any of the 05 divisions of E.C.Railway. No choice for the posting will be entertained.
The mode of selection, date, venue and time will be intimated to the eligible candidate by post and will be posted subsequently on our website. The decision of East Central Railway in all matter relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application, Place of Posting etc. will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.
Subsequent guidelines received from Railway Board shall also be applicable for this notification. For any legal action arising out of the above jurisdiction shall be High Court / Patna. The East Central Railway Scout and Guide Quota notification is also available on website www.ecr.indianrailways.gov.in.
Proposed Syllabus for selection under Scout & Guide Quota for Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’ Posts 2016 :
History of Scouting / Guiding; Law & Promise; Organisation – Distt & State Level; Training Centre – Distt. & State Level; Knowledge of Books; Scouting for Boys / Guiding for Girls in India, Motto, Left hand shake; Salute, Prayer, Flag Song, National Anthem, Know the National & Scouting Flags, Social Services at Various occasions, Hiking, Proficiency Badges, How these are earned. Stages in Scouting / Guiding, Thinking Day, Progressive Training of Scouts / Guides / Rovers / Rangers, Pioneering, Handicrafts, Indian Railway Jamborette, National Jamboore, Jamboore on the Air.
Organisation at National level, National Training Centres, WAGGGS / WOSM Up-rashtrapati Award Competition, Prime Minister Shield Competition, Community Development Programmes; Aims and Methods of Scouting, How scouting is useful in producing better citizens?
Important Dates for East Central Railway Scout and Guide Quota 2016 :
|East Central Railway Scout & Guide Quota 2016 Application Issue Date : 22nd July, 2016|
|East Central Railway Scout & Guide Quota 2016 Application Last Date : 29th August, 2016|
|East Central Railway Scout & Guide Quota 2016 Application Last Date of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, J&K, Andaman & Nicobar & Lakshdweep islands, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh and candidates residing abroad : 12th September, 2016|