- For the post of CMRL Station Controller / Train Operator / Junior Engineer ( Stations ) ( Post Code-01 ), the selection methodology will comprise four stage process – Online Test, Psychometric Test, Proficiency in Tamil followed by Medical examination in A1 category. For details about Medical Standards visit CMRL website.
- For the post of CMRL Junior Engineers ( Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Civil ), ( Post Codes 02 ), the selection methodology will comprise three-stage process – Online Test, Proficiency in Tamil followed by Medical examination in A1 category. For details about Medical Standards visit CMRL website.
- For the post of CMRL Technician ( Post codes 03 ), the selection methodology will comprise three-stage process – Online Test, Proficiency in Tamil followed by Medical examination in B1 category. For details about Medical Standards visit CMRL website. The Chennai Metro Rail Limited 2013 selection process would judge different facets of knowledge ( Aptitude & Subject Skills ), comprehension, aptitude, proficiency in Tamil and physical fitness. Candidates will have to pass through each stage successfully ( including Medical examination ) for qualifying for the issue of appointment orders.
4. Online Test for CMRL Recruitment 2013 :
The CMRL Online test 2013 consists of multiple-choice objective type questions ( 40% General Aptitude and 60% Subject knowledge ). There will be no negative marking. The Paper shall be of two hours duration. Successful candidates based on the Online Test, Tamil proficiency Test and Psychometric Test ( only for Post Code no -01 ) at Chennai, shall be called for Medical Examination. Certificate verification ( with reference to originals ) will be undertaken prior to joining CMRL. Test will be conducted tentatively in March / April 2013. The same may be subjected to change. Candidates are requested to be in constant touch with CMRL website for any updates.
Instructions on how to answer online tests for CMRL 2013 will be issued along with the hall ticket. Demo online tests will be made available on CMRL website.
5. CMRL Online Test Centres 2013
CMRL Online test centres will ordinarily be at Chennai. In case of necessity, the test will be conducted at select centres in Tamil Nadu.
6. Medical Examination in CMRL 2013 :
Expenses for the first time medical examination of the candidate will be borne by CMRL. However, in case a candidate seeks extension for joining, then the second time medical examination expenditure for the joining will be borne by the candidate himself / herself. The standard for medical examination for above mentioned posts are as follows :
|Sl. No||Name of Posts ||Post Code||Medical Standard|
|1.||Station Controller / Train Operator / Junior Engineer ( Stations )||01||A1|
|2.||Junior Engineer ( Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Civil )||02||A1|
|3.||Technician ( Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Civil / Plumbing / Blacksmith / Welding / IT )||03||B1|
Details of CMRL Medical Standards are also available with CMRL’s website : www.chennaimetrorail.gov.in under career link.
Candidates, who fail in the prescribed medical test, will not be given any alternative employment and decision of the CMRL is final on this issue.
7. Character & Antecedents :
The success in the online test for Chennai Metro Rail Limited does not confer any right to appointment unless CMRL will conduct such an inquiry, as may be considered necessary, that the candidate, having regard to his / her character and antecedents is found to be suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
8. Surety Bond :
The candidates selected for all the CMRL posts will have to execute a surety bond of 1,00,000 /- & Cost of training ( approx. 75,000 / – ) to serve CMRL for a minimum period of three years and also a three months prior notice, will be required before seeking resignation from CMRL.
9. Training & Probation for CMRL Recruitment 2013 :
The selected candidates on appointment will be on Probation for a period of two years ( including period of training ), where they will undergo intensive training for prescribed duration. CMRL has the right to enhance or reduce the CMRL training period at its discretion for any or all the trainees. During the probation period, the candidates shall be required to pass various certification tests conducted by CMRL Training Institute. The service of the candidate during probation period can be terminated by CMRL, if the performance of candidate is found to be unsatisfactory, in accordance with the terms & conditions of offer of appointment.
10. CMRL Pay & Emoluments :
The pay & emoluments for direct recruits shall be as per pay scales mentioned in para 1 of CMRL notification under the IDA ( Industrial DA ) as applicable from time to time and other benefits which include Perks like HRA, Other allowances, Medical benefit, EPF, Gratuity, and Insurance etc. as per extant rules of HR Manual, CMRL.
11. Concessions & Relaxations for CMRL Recruitments 2013 :
- For SC / ST candidates, only 50% and above marks in the prescribed qualification for Post Code : 01 and 02 ; 45% and above marks in the prescribed qualification for Post code : 03, are required.
- 5 years and 2 years in age relaxation in respect of SC / ST and MBC / DNC respectively will be considered.
- The CMRL upper age for Ex-Servicemen will be the length of service in armed forces plus 03 years. Reservation of posts is applicable for Ex-serviceman as per Government of Tamil Nadu guidelines.
- There is no reservation for Physically handicapped candidates in this selection as all the above mentioned posts are technical posts involving public safety. Intake for Physically handicapped in identified non technical posts, wherever applicable to the extent admissible, will be processed separately.
12. Payment of CMRL application fee ( including postage charges ) ( non-refundable ) :
- General & Others ( including Ex-servicemen ) candidates are required to pay a Non-refundable fee of 500 / – and SC / ST candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of 100 / – ( for processing & postage charge ) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of M/s Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Chennai payable at Chennai. The CMRL application number, candidate’s name, address and mobile number are to be indicated at the backside of the Demand Draft.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility, time limit before paying the CMRL 2013 application fee.
- CMRL Application form 2013 forwarded without Demand Draft will be summarily rejected.
13. General Instructions for CMRL Recruitments 2013 :
- Candidates with B.E. / B.Tech or any other higher qualifications are not eligible for the above mentioned posts. Candidates with such higher qualification should keep in their mind that their candidature will summarily be cancelled at any time of recruitment or even after appointment in CMRL, if they are found to have suppressed the information of having possessed B.E. / B.Tech at the time of filling up the CMRL vacancy 2013.
- Candidates with Degree / Diploma are not eligible to apply for post code 03 ( Technician ).
- All vacancies in CMRL 2013 are provisional and subject to increase / decrease.
- The list of candidates to appear for CMRL online test / Psychometric Test and firm dates of online examination, result of online examination and all recruitment related information shall be published only on Web site: http://www.chennaimetrorail.gov.in and candidates should regularly browse the CMRL website for any updates regarding Chennai Metro Rail Limited recruitment notification.
- Other things being equal ( marks in test ), preference will be given to candidates who have undergone apprenticeship training under Apprenticeship Scheme of State or Central Government.
- CMRL Age and Qualification stipulated above should be as on 01.01.2013. The candidates are advised to ensure while applying that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and other requirements mentioned and that the particulars furnished by them are correct in all respects. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment process that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria and / or does not comply with other requirements of CMRL advertisement and / or he / she has furnished any incorrect or false information or has suppressed any material fact, his / her candidature is liable to be rejected. If any of the above short coming ( s ) is / are detected even after appointment of his / her services will be terminated without any notice. The definition of Ex-Servicemen as defined by Government norms will be followed.
- Minimum age to apply for the mentioned posts is 18 years as on date of 01.01.2013.
- All posts are on regular basis and confirmation will be based on performance on completion of two year probation period.
- Merely meeting the above qualifications shall not entitle a candidate to be called for CMRL 2013 selection process. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. CMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates.
- No TA / DA will be paid by CMRL to the candidates for attending the CMRL Online Test.
- Candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the selection process will be rejected summarily and be declared disqualified for future CMRL 2013 recruitments.
- Reservation of CMRL posts for General, BC, BC Muslims, MBC / DC, SC&ST will be as per the policy of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- The job profile for the above posts as mentioned above are only indicative and not exhaustive.
- Candidates employed in Government Dept. / PSU / Autonomous Body must produce a proper relieving order from the present employer at the time of joining.
- CMRL Tests for all the above posts may be conducted on the same date.
- Admission for online test will be purely provisional subject to satisfying prescribed CMRL eligibility standards.
- CMRL reserves the right to reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage in the process of recruitment if any irregularity / discrepancy is noticed in the application.
- Wherever CGPA / OGPA or Letter Grade is awarded in the Diploma / ITI examination, its equivalent percentage of marks and class / division must be indicated in the application form for Chennai Metro Rail Limited 2013 as per the norms adopted by the University / Institute.