Chittaranjan Locomotive Works Recruitment 2016 Against Scouts & Guides Quota
Chittaranjan Locomotive Works,
P.O. : Chittaranjan,
Dist. : Bardhaman,
Pin – 713 331.
Notification for Recruitment against “Scouts & Guides” Quota for the year : 2015 – 16.
Date of Issue : 09.01.2016.
Closing Date & Time : 15.02.2016 & 17.00 Hrs.
( For residents of Andaman-Nicobar & Lakshadweep and N.E – Closing Date & Time : 22.02.2016, 17.00 Hrs. ).
1. Applications are invited from Indian nationals who are active members of Bharat Scouts & Guides for recruitment against Scout & Guides Quota in Chittaranjan Locomotive Works for the year 2015 – 16 for the vacancies indicated below :
|Pay Band - I||Grade Pay||Total Vacancy|
|5200 - 20200/-||1900/-||01|
2. Candidates fulfilling the following eligibility conditions may apply :
|Scouting / Guiding Qualifications : ( Certificates should be of Bharat Scouts & Guides only ).||a. Candidate should be a President’s Scout / Guide / Ranger / Rover Or Himalayan Wood Badge ( HWB ) Holder any section. And
b. Should have been an active member of a Scouts Organization for at least 5 ( Five ) years in the recent past and should continue to be active ( The Certificate of Activeness should be as per Annexure - I ). And
c. Should have attended two events at National level OR All Indian Railways’ level and two events at State level.
3. Minimum Prescribed Educational Qualification :
|For candidates applying against Pay Band - I 5200 - 20200/- Grade Pay 1900/- ( see Para - I above ).||Passed 12th ( +2 stage ) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate. 50% marks is not insisted upon in the case of SC / ST / Ex.Servicemen / Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) candidates. 50% marks is also not insisted upon in the case of candidates who possess qualifications higher than the essential minimum prescribed qualification. Educational Qualification must be from Recognized Institutions.|
|For candidates applying against Pay Band - I 5200 - 20200/- Grade Pay 1800/- ( see Para - I above ).||Candidates should possess the qualification of 10th Pass or ITI or equivalent. Candidates appearing / attending or awaiting results of the final examinations of 10th or ITI or equivalent on the date of application are not eligible to apply. Educational Qualification must be from Recognized Institutions.|
4. Age Limit and Relaxation for CLW Scouts & Guides Quota 2016 :
|Age as on 01.01.2016||For the posts in Grade Pay 1,900/- UR : 18 – 29 Years., OBC : 18 – 32 years, SC / ST : 18 – 34 Years.|
|For the posts in Grade Pay 1,800/- UR : 18 – 32 Years., OBC : 18 – 35 years, SC / ST : 18 – 37 Years.|
Note 1 : The candidates should note that, only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the administration and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Note 2 : The candidates should also note that, once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Administration for the purpose of admission to the examination, no change will be allowed subsequently on any grounds whatsoever.
5. CLW Scouts & Guides Quota Recruitment Process 2016 : The candidates, who apply in response to the Notification and are found eligible for consideration for appointment against Scout & Guides quota, will be assessed on the basis of following criteria :
|A.||Written Test : The written test will consist of 40 objective type questions ( 40 marks ) & 1 essay type question ( 10 marks ) relating to Scouts and Guides Organization and its activities and General knowledge for Grade Pay 1900/- and Grade Pay 1800/-. The syllabus for this will be as per Para 6 below.||50 Marks|
|B.||Scouting-Skill Assessment : A Skill Assessment Committee will assess the practical ability of the Candidates.||10 Marks|
|C.||Marks on certificates||40 Marks|
|(i) Participation / Service rendered in National Events / National Jamboree ( including All Indian Railway Events ) :||10 Marks|
|First Two certificates ( i.e. minimum eligibility qualification )||Nil|
|One additional event||07 Marks|
|Two or more additional events||10 marks|
|(ii) Participation / Service rendered in State Events / Rallies :||10 marks|
|First Two certificates ( i.e. minimum eligibility qualification )||Nil|
|One additional event||07 marks|
|Two or more additional events||10 marks|
|iii) Specialized Scout / Guides course organized at National / State / All Indian Railways level :||10 marks|
|One Course||07 marks|
|Two or more Courses||10 marks|
|(iv) Participation in District Rallies :||10 marks|
|Two certificates||07 marks|
|Three certificates||10 marks|
|Total (A) + (B) + (C)||100 Marks|
Note 3 : The Written Test shall be held on 13.03.2015 at 11.00 hrs. for GP 1900/- and 14.00 hrs.for GP 1800/- at D.V. ( Girls ) School / B.M, CLW / Chittaranjan. Call Letters to the eligible candidates will be sent on short notice.
Note 4 : The candidates who qualify in the written test will only be called for Scouting- Skill Assessment & verification of certificates as mentioned at Item-5(B) (C) above.
6. CLW Scouts & Guides Quota Syllabus 2016 : History of Scouting / Guiding; Law and Promise; Organisation – Distt. & State Level; Training Center – Distt. & State level: Knowledge of Books; Scouting for Boys / Guiding for Girls in India; Motto left hand shake; Salute; Prayer; Flag Song; National Anthem; Know the National and Scouting flags; Social Services at various occasions; Hiking; Proficiency Badges, How these are earned?; Stages in Scouting / Guiding. Thinking Day; Progressive Training of Scouts / Guides / Rovers / Rangers; Pioneering; Handicrafts; Indian Railway / Jamborette; National Jamboree; Jamboree on the Air. Organisation at National level, National Training Centers WAGGGS / WOSM-Uprashtrapati Award Competition; Prime Minister Shield Competition, Community Development programmes, Aims and Methods of Scouting, How Scouting is useful in producing better citizens?
7. How to Apply for CLW Scouts & Guides Quota 2016 :
- Fill the application after carefully reading the employment notice.
- Candidates are required to submit the application form in the prescribed format in good quality A-4 size white paper.
- A candidate may submit one ( 01 ) application for the post in Grade pay 1800/- and one ( 01 ) application for the posts in Grade Pay 1900/-. The written exam for the posts in Grade Pay 1800/- & Grade Pay 1900/- will be held in a day ( 1st Half & 2nd Half ) as the case may be.
- Application should be filled up by the candidate in his / her own handwriting in English / Hindi using blue / black ball point pen. Applications with typed entries and signature in capital letters will be summarily be rejected.
- Applicant should give his / her full signature in running hand in the box of the application, at the specified place of the application form. Application with short signature and signature in capital letters and separate letters will be rejected.
- Applicant should write in his / her own handwriting, the sample declaration statement in the space provided in the application form. Applications without the written declaration will be rejected.
- Applicant should firmly affix on the application one recent colour passport size photograph revealing the full face. Applications with hazy, faded, unclear photo will be rejected.
- The applicant should keep 02 ( two ) more additional copy of same photograph for future use, if required.
- Applicant should enclose with the application a set of legible Xerox copies of all certificates, in proof of Educational Qualification; Age, SC / ST / OBC status etc.
- Certificate of active Scouts & Guides membership as mentioned at para-2(b) of Part-B of above should signed by DOC, Scouts / Guides and countersigned by District Commissioner, Scouts / Guides of respective Scouts Districts.
- UR / OBC candidates should enclose application fee as explained at para-8 below without fail.
- Applicant should fill all the columns in the application without fail.
- Applicant should write on the top of the envelope containing the application as follows, S & G Quota Application – ( G.P. 1800 ) or ( G.P. 1900 ) as the case may be.
- Application should reach on or before the closing date and time mentioned at the top of this notification. Railway administration shall not be responsible for any postal delays. Application received after the last date & time would be summarily rejected.
- Serving Government Employees should intimate their employers that they are applying for the post of this notification. However, during the time of Scouting-Skill Assessment, they should produce the No Objection Certificate ( NOC ) from the present employer.
2. Application Fee for CLW CLW Scouts & Guides Quota 2016 : UR and OBC candidates should submit with the application an Indian Postal Order ( IPO ) ( issued after the date of this notification ) for an amount of 100/- drawn in favour of FA & CAO, Chittaranjan Locomotive Works. SC / ST, Ex-Servicemen, Physically Challenged, Women, Minority candidates ( Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Zorastrians [ Parsis ] ) and candidates belonging to economically backward classes ( whose family income is less than 50,000/- per annum ) need not pay this fee.
Note : Certificates in proof of the respective categories as mentioned above, issued by the authorities authorized to issue such certificate, should be enclosed along with the applications form for getting exempted from paying this fee.
3. Addresses for Submitting CLW Scouts & Guides Quota Applications 2016 : Candidates should send their applications through postal deptt. by ‘Ordinary Post’ to – Astt. Personnel Officer ( G ), Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, Chittaranjan, Dist: Bardhaman ( West Bengal ), Pin 713 331 or Candidates may drop their applications in the ‘Drop Box’, kept for the purpose, under the control of Ch. O.S./GM(G)’s office, Administrative Building, GM’s office, CLW / Chittaranjan, in any working day during office hours.
4. Other Terms and Conditions for CLW Scouts & Guides Quota 2016 :
- Applicant should possess requisite academic and Scouts & Guides and on the date of submission of Application.
- The Matriculation for Grade Pay 1800/-.
- Passed 12th ( +2 stage ) with not less than 50% marks in aggregate for Grade Pay 1900/- or equivalent board Certificate in proof of minimum educational qualification / date of birth should be the one issued by a recognized Board or equivalent.
- Discrepancies in the particulars given in application / certificates submitted with the application would render the candidate ineligible any time during the selection as well as their applications will be also rejected for such discrepancies.
- Schedules of Written Test / Scouting-Skill Assessment, www.clw.indianrailways.gov.in from time to time. Applicants are advised to visit the website regularly for getting the said information.
- Eligible applicants will be issued with call letters for written examination to their correspondence address. Change in dates / venue for Written Test / Scouting-Skill Assessment etc. shall not be entertained under any circumstances. If any eligible candidate whose name figures in eligible list on the website does not receive call letter at least one week before the date of written examination, the candidate should collect duplicate call letter from the office of Chief Personnel Officer two days before the exam date, failing which he / she will not be allowed to sit in the written examination.
- SC / ST candidates will be eligible for free rail travel in second class for attending Written Test / Scouting Skill Assessment.
- Selected candidates have to pass the requisite medical standards prior to appointment.
- In the event of appointment as Office Clerks in Pay Band – I 5200-20200/-, Grade Pay 1900/- candidates will be required to acquire typing proficiency of 30 w.p.m. in English or 25 w.p.m in Hindi within a period of two years from the date of appointment, and till such time the appointment will be provisional subject to the prescribed typing qualification within the stipulated period. In case of non acquisition of typing skill within the prescribed period, no additional time will be given and services of such candidate(s) will be summarily terminated.
- There is no community reservation against Scouts & Guides recruitment. SC / ST and OBC candidates seeking age relaxation should submit latest copy of community certificate issued by competent designated officers in the format prescribed for appointments to posts under the Government of India.
- Candidates should continue to serve the Scouts & Guides movement in the event of his / her selection.
- Applications not fulfilling any of the terms and conditions given in this notification shall be summarily rejected.
- Railway administration will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong postal delivery of applications or call letters or any other recruitment related correspondence whatsoever at any stage of the selection process.
- Chittaranjan Locomotive works, reserves the right to cancel or modify recruitment process without reasons thereof. Decision of Chief Personnel Officer, Chittaranjan Locomotive Works in all matters relating to this recruitment shall be final.
- Applicants are advised to check the list of applicants whose applications get rejected which will be published on Chittaranjan Locomotive Works website No. www.clw.indianrailways.gov.in other intimation of rejection would not be communicated to the candidates separately.
- The recruitment process is based purely on the merit of the candidates Canvassing in any form will attract disqualification.
5. Invalid Applications : Candidates are requested to read all instructions carefully before sending their applications otherwise their applications are likely to be rejected on one or more of the following reasons in terms of the notification.
- Applications received after the closing date and time.
- Applications not in the prescribed format.
- Candidates not having the required Educational / Scouting & Guiding or on the date of application.
- The candidate is underage / overage as on 01.01.2016.
- More than one application submitted by the same candidate for the same post.
- Applications without latest photo not being pasted in the provided space.
- Applications without the declaration being re-produced by the candidates in their own handwriting in the provided space in the application form.
- Application without Signature ( in running hand ) or Signature in Capital Letters.
- Copies of required enclosures not submitted as mentioned under Para-8 of the Notification.
- Applications which are incomplete / illegible in any manner.
- Candidates name figuring in debarred list.
- Any other irregularity, considered by the Railway Administration that would render the application invalid / Rejected.
6. Caution : CLW Recruitment is purely merit based. Chittaranjan Locomotive Works have not appointed any agents or coaching centres for acting on its behalf for CLW recruitment. Candidates are cautioned against any false claims made by any unscrupulous persons / agencies of getting them selected in CLW recruitment on illegal consideration. If you come across any such persons / agencies, please do inform the Chief Personnel Officer, Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, P.O. : Chittaranjan, Dist. : Bardhaman ( West Bengal ), Pin – 713 331. They can also inform to the Chief Vigilance Officer, Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, P.O. : Chittaranjan, Dist.: Bardhaman ( West Bengal ), Pin – 713 331.