Chittaranjan Locomotive Works Recruitment against Sports Quota 2014
Date of Issue for CLW Sports Quota Recruitment 2014 : 24.09.2014
Closing Date for CLW Sports Quota Recruitment 2014 : 22.11.2014, Closing Time : 17:00 hrs.
( for the residents of Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep, Closing Date : 29.11.2014, Closing Time : 17:00 hrs. )
1. Chittaranjan Locomotive Works applications are invited in the prescribed format from eligible Sportspersons who are Indian nationals for recruitment against Sports quota ( Open Advt. ) in CLW for the vacancies indicated below :
|Pay Band-1||Grade Pay||No. of Vacancies|
1.1 The details of sports disciplines, event, position required is given below ( read with para-1 above ) :
|Category No.||Discipline||Position / Events||PB-1 5200-20200/- GP 2800/-||PB-1 5200-20200/- GP 1900/-||PB-1 5200-20200/- GP 1800/-||Total Vacancy|
|1||Football ( Men )||Defender - 01|
Goalkeeper - 01
|2||Cricket ( Men )||Batsman Keeper - 01||-||-||07||07|
|Right Hand Pace Baller - 01||-||-|
|All Rounder Left Arm Spinner - 01||-||-|
|Middle Order Batsman - 01||-||-|
|All Rounder - 01||-||-|
|3||Chess ( Men )||-||-||-||01||01|
|4||Basketball ( 4Men )||Post-01||-||01||-||02|
|All Rounder - 01||-||01||-|
|5||Hockey ( Women )||Goalkeeper / Defender||01||-||-||01|
|6||Basketball ( Women )||Post - 02||-||01||01||06|
|Shooter - 01||-||01||-|
|All Rounder - 03||-||02||01|
|7||Golf ( Men )||-||-||-||01||01|
|8||Gymnastic ( Women )||-||-||01||-||01|
|9||Athletic ( Women )||3000 / 5000 Mtrs.||-||-||02||02|
|10||Archery ( Women )||Recurve||01||01||-||02|
2. Eligibility Norms for Chittaranjan Locomotive Works Sports Quota Recruitment 2014 :
2.1 Sports norms for recruitment of sportspersons in different Grade Pay & Pay Bands : Applicant should be currently an active player and should have fulfilled the sports achievements on or after 01.04.2012. The minimum sports norms for recruitment of sportspersons in different Grade Pay & Pay Bands for individual event are given below :
|Sl. No.||Name of Pay Band||Grade Pay||Pay Band||Minimum Sports Norms for Chittaranjan Locomotive Works Recruitment|
|( In Rupees )|
|(i)||PB-1||2800/-||5,200-20,200/-||Represented the Country in Olympic Games ( Category-A ) Or
At least 3rd position in any of the Category-B Championships / Events.
|(ii)||PB-1||1900/-||5,200-20,200/-||Represented the Country in any of the Category-B Championships / Events. Or
At least 3rd position in any of the Category-C Championships / Events. Or
At least 3rd position in Senior / Youth/Junior National Championships. Or
At least 3rd position in National Games organized under aegis of Indian Olympic Association. Or
At least 3rd position in All India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities. Or
1st Position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category )
|(iii)||PB-1||1800/-||5,200-20,200/-||Represented the country in any of the Category-C Championships / Events. Or
At Least 3rd position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ) Or
Represented a State of equivalent Unit, except in Marathon and Cross Country, in Senior / Youth Junior National Championships. Or
At least 3rd position in Senior State Championships for all Units and Districts of the State.
Note : In terms of the Board’s instruction dated 18.04.2012, in team sports, only sportspersons who have actually played the sport in field, shall only be eligible for recruitment. Therefore, sportsperson who represents as member of a team in any recognized sports event / championship but has actually not played in the field, shall not be considered for recruitment against sports quota.
2.2 Categorization of International Championships : The international championships / events are categorized below should be read with Para-2.1 above :
Category-A : Olympic Games ( Senior Category ).
World Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ).
World Championships ( Junior / Senior Category ).
Asian Games ( Senior Category ).
Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category ).
Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior Category ).
Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category ).
South Asian Federations ( SAF ) Games ( Senior Category ).
USIC ( World Railways ) Championships ( Senior Category ).
2.3 The required Sports achievements of above discipline ( should be read with Paras-2.1 & 2.2 above ) :
(a) Hockey : In Hockey, for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 2800/- in Pay Band 5,200-20,200/-; at least represented Country in Olympic Games ( Category-A ) Or At least 3rd Position in any of the Category-B Championships / events.
Note : Hockey India is only recognized National Sports Federation for the game of Hockey.
(b) Gymnastic : Certificate issued from Gymnastic Federations of India will not be valid for recruitment. Certificate other than GFI will be considered.
(i) All the championships mentioned above should be conducted under the aegis of recognized International / national / State Sports Federations and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board.
(ii) The recruitment is for the minimum of the scale of pay.
- Football ( Men ) : Under-19 group : Junior National Football Championship for B. C. Roy trophy.
- Cricket ( Men ) : Under-22 group : Col. C. K. Nayudu Trophy ( Inter State Championship )
Under-19 group :
- Cooach Behar Trophy ( Inter State Championship )
- Vinoo Mankad Trophy ( One Day Limited Overs Inter State Championship )
- Vijay Hazare Trophy ( One Day Limited Overs All India Inter Zonal Championship )
- Chess ( Men ): Under-19 group : Junior National Chess Championship.
- Basketball ( Men ) : Under-18 group : Junior National Basketball Championship.
- Hockey ( Women ) : Under-19 group : Junior National Hockey Championship.
- Basketball ( women ) : Under-18 group : Junior National Basketball Championship.
- Golf ( Men ) : Under-18 group : Junior & Sub-Junior National Golf Championship.
- Gymnastics ( Women ) : Under-15 group : Junior National Gymnastics Championship.
- Athletic ( Women ) : Under-20 group : Junior National Athletics Championship.
- Archery ( Women ) : Under -19 group : Junior National Archery Championship.
Sports achievement conducted by Archery Association of India will not be considered for recruitment against the event of Archery ( women )Note : For recruitment of sports persons, on the basis of sports achievements in Junior National Championships, the age group as mentioned against each discipline shall only be considered.
3. Educational Qualification for CLW Sports Quota Jobs 2014 : The minimum education qualification is Matriculate. The candidates should possess the further requisite academic qualification, in terms of Grade Pay, for which they are applying on the date of submission of application as given below. Those who are appearing at and / or awaiting results of final examination are not eligible :
|Posts having Grade Pay||Educational Qualification|
|2,800/-||A University Degree or its equivalent.|
|1,900/-||Pass in matriculation or its equivalent from a recognized board. ( 50% marks in the aggregate will be required for NTPC categories. 50% marks are not required for SC / ST candidates and for candidates having higher qualification ).|
|1,800/-||Pass in 10th standard or ITI or equivalent from a recognized board.|
4. Chittaranjan Locomotive Works Age Limits 2014 : The candidates should have- Minimum 18 years and Maximum 25 years of age as on 01.01.2015. ( Note : matriculation or its equivalent certificate from recognized board should be submitted for date of birth proof ). No age relaxation is allowed even for SC / ST / OBC candidate.
5. CLW Recruitment Application Fee 2014 : The UR and OBC candidates should submit with the application in Indian Postal Order / Bank Demand Draft ( issued after the date of this notification ) drawn in favour of FA & CAO, Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, Payable at Chittaranjan as detailed below :
|Posts having Grade Pay||Indian Postal Order / Bank Demand Draft should be enclosed for an amount of|
|1,800/-, 1,900/-, 2,000/- & 2,800/-||100/-|
The SC / ST, ex-servicemen, physically challenged, women, minority candidates ( Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Zorastrians [ Parsis ] ) and candidates belonging to economically backward classes ( whose family income is less than 50,000/- per annum ) need not pay this fee.
Note : Certificate in proof of the above issued by the authorities authorized to issue such certificate should be enclosed along with the application form for getting exempted from paying this fee.
6. Selection Procedure for Chittaranjan Locomotive Works 2014 : Selection will be based upon performance in sports Trial and Interview / Certificate Verification to be conducted and finalized by a nominated selection committee. The venue & date for Trials and Interview / Certificate Verification will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course.
7. Address for Submitting Chittaranjan Locomotive Works 2014 Applications : Candidates should send their applications by post to the address mentioned below. Candidates can drop their applications directly in Drop Box placed at Dy. G.M.’s Office / CLW, in the office premises, during the office hours.
Postal Address :
Chief Personnel Officer,
GM’s Building / CLW,
P.O. : Chittaranjan,
Distt : Burdwan,
Pin : 713 331 ( W.B ).
8. How to Apply for Chittaranjan Locomotive Works Recruitment against Sports Quota 2014 :
- Fill up the CLW 2014 application in the prescribed format at Annexure-A on good quality A-4 size white paper after carefully reading the employment notice.
- All columns of application should be filled up by the candidate in his / her own handwriting in English / Hindi using blue / black ball point pen. Applications with typed entries will be rejected.
- Applicant should write in his / her own handwriting, the sample declaration statement in the space provided in the application form. Applications without the written declaration will be rejected.
- Applicant should Paste one recent passport size colour photograph ( not earlier than three months ) on the space provided in the application form.
- Applicant should enclose with the application a set of legible Xerox copies of all certificates, in proof of Educational Qualification, Age, SC / ST / OBC etc.
- UR / OBC candidates should enclose application fee without fail as explained at Para-5 above.
- Candidate should clearly indicate the specific category No., Sports Discipline, and Event / Position as given in Para-1.1 above.
- Candidate should write on the top of the envelope containing the application as follows : “Application against Sports Quota ( Open Advertisement ) Recruitment for the year 2014-15.”
- Candidates should send their applications so as to reach at the address mentioned at Para-7 on or before the closing date and time. Railway Administration shall not be responsible for any postal delay. Late applications would be summarily rejected.
- Serving Government Employees should send their applications through proper channel only i.e. through their office.
9. Other Terms and Conditions for Chittaranjan Locomotive Works Recruitment 2014 :
- CLW applications not fulfilling any of the terms and conditions given in this notification shall be summarily rejected.
- Applicant should possess requisite educational qualification and sports achievements on the date of submission of application.
- Discrepancies in the application submitted would render the candidate ineligible at any time during the selection.
- Eligible applicant will be issued with call letters to their correspondence address.
- SC / ST candidates will be eligible for free rail travel in second class for attending Sports Trial / Interview.
- Selected candidates have to pass the requisite medical fitness standards prior to appointment.
- In the event of appointment as Clerk-cum-Typist posts in Group-C, candidates will be required to acquire typing proficiency of 30 w.p.m in English or 25 w.p.m in Hindi within a period of four years from the date of appointment, and till such time appointment will be provisional Besides, a candidate should have obtained minimum 50% marks in Matriculation or equivalent if he / she is to be considered for certain categories of posts like Clerks etc.
- Applicants are advised to check the list of applicants whose applications get rejected which will be published on CLW Railway website address www.clw.indianrailways.gov.in No other intimation of rejection would be communicated to such candidates.
- The recruitment process is based purely on the merit of the candidates. Canvassing in any form will attract disqualification.
- Candidates may download recruitment notification and application form available on CLW website address www.clw.indianrailways.gov.in
- CLW, Chittaranjan reserves the right to cancel or modify recruitment process at any time without assigning reasons thereof.
- The date, time and venue of the trial will be fixed by the Railway Administration and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course in the CLW website. The CLW administration is not responsible for late receipt / non-receipt of intimation by the candidate in regards to the date of trial, date of document verification, etc. Therefore, the candidates are advised to visit regularly the CLW website to know the date of trial, date of document verification, etc. Request for postponement of the examination and change of centre / venue will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Decision of CLW Administration in all matters relating to this recruitment shall be final.