CMRL Recruitment 2016 for General Manager, Assistant Manager
Chennai Metro Rail Limited entrusted with the implementation of Chennai Metro Rail Project, requires efficient, experienced and competent officers for the under mentioned posts on contract basis :
1. Chennai Metro Rail Post Code : 01
Name of CMRL Post : General Manager(Finance)
Consolidated Pay / Month : 1,50,000/-
No. of CMRL Posts : 01
Minimum Experience. (Years.) : 18
2. Chennai Metro Rail Limited Post Code : 02
Name of Chennai Metro Rail Limited Post : Assistant Manager(Legal)
Consolidated Pay / Month : 60,000/-
No. of CMRL Posts : 02
Minimum Experience. (Years.) : 05
Note* : Apart from the consolidated pay, benefits like Medical and Accident Insurance, LTC, company conveyance for post code 01 etc., will be extended. Increment will be given for the second year based on the performance in the first year.
Chennai Metro Rail Limited Required Qualification and Experience :
a) General Manager ( Finance ) :
- Must be a Graduate and Member of the institute of Chartered Accountants of India or Member of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India or MBA with specialization in Finance from a reputed Institute or a Member of Group “A” Service of Government of India in SG / SAG Grade. Appointment on deputation in case of Government Officers may also be considered.
- He/She must possess minimum of 18 years of post-qualification executive grade experience and dealt with areas like Project Finance, Finance, Accounting, and Audit, setting up of Financial, Accounting Audit Systems and procedures in a central / state government organizations or large public or private sector organization of repute.
Age : Not exceeding 50 years as on date of 04.06.2016. Age will be relaxed for experienced candidates.
- Roles & Responsibilities : He/She shall be responsible to monitor entire Finance & Accounts of the company and ensure proper accounting procedures, systems, budgeting and ensure to computerise the accounts regularly. he/she shall ensure to effect the payment of all vendors / service providers on time after scrutinizing their claims / bills. he/she shall provide the requisite MIS and other information to the management, statutory authorities and other funding agencies. he/she shall ensure to submit claims periodically to the funding agencies to get the funds replenished on time. he/she shall coordinate with Government agencies to get the funds for the project. he/she shall be responsible for the management of the Finance & Accounts of the entire organization – Accounting of all Receipts and Payments of the company. he/she shall be responsible for setting up a formal system for budgeting and conduct review on monthly, quarterly and annual basis. he/she shall ensure the maintenance and updation of books of accounts under the companies Act and other statutes. He/She shall be in charge for the preparation of revenue, capital budgets and MIS systems. he/she Shall Ensure Strict Adherence of Compliance and Ensure the Filling of Various Returns / Documents to the statutory authorities such as professional Tax / income Tax Service Tax. he/she shall be in charge for the corporate payroll of the company- Preparation, disbursement, Compliance – TDS, Professional Tax etc. he/she shall be in charge for the filling of all statutory returns including ROC, RBI, IT, Sales Tax, Service Tax, Professional Tax, etc. he/she shall assist in providing inputs in developing long term corporate plans. he/she shall perform any other assignments as and when entrusted by the superiors.
b) Assistant Manager (Legal) :
- Must be a graduate in Law. A Master’s degree in law will be an added advantage. The Candidate should be enrolled as an advocate with the bar council and have minimum 5 years practicing experience as an advocate dealing with land related matters in any court. Age not exceeding 40 years as on 04.06.2016. Age will be relaxed for experienced candidates.
- Roles and Responsibilities : The incumbent shall assist his seniors in reviewing and providing legal advice on tender documents, monitor the ongoing cases and advice the top management accordingly. he/she shall liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken. he/she shall assist to provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management. he/she shall provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staffs. he/she shall assist in review and draft contracts, agreements and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements. he/she shall assist in reviewing the progress of outstanding litigation and liaise and manage with external panel Advocates. he/she shall continuously monitor compliance of statutory obligations and advise management accordingly. The incumbent to review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the management’s attention.
Selection Process for CMRL Recruitment 2016 : For the above posts, the selection methodology will comprise two-stage process, interview followed by Medical examination. The selection process would judge different facets of knowledge, skills, comprehension, aptitude and physical fitness. Candidates will have to pass through each stage successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
Chennai Metro Rail Limited Medical Examination : Expenses for the first time medical examination of the candidate will be borne by CMRL. However, in case a candidate seeks extension for joining, then the second time medical examination expenditure will be borne by the candidate himself. To & fro travel expenses for the medical test shall be borne by the candidate. The Candidates, who fail in the prescribed medical test, will not be given any alternative employment and decision of the CMRL is final on this issue.
Character & Antecedents : The success in the above stated selection process does not confer any right to appointment unless the CMRL is satisfied after such an inquiry, as may be considered necessary, that the candidate character and antecedents is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
Chennai Metro Rail Limited Concessions & Relaxations :
- Save or otherwise stated in the Job Notification / Advertisement, no person shall be eligible for appointment to any service by direct recruitment, unless he has completed 18 years of age on the date of Notification in which the vacancy is notified. The maximum age limit, if any, prescribed for the appointment does not apply to a candidate belonging to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars) or Scheduled Tribe or to any of the Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities or Backward Classes (other than Muslim) or Backward Class (Muslim).
- The age limit prescribed shall be increased by five years in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars) or Scheduled Tribes and two years in respect of candidates belonging to Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes (other than Muslim) or Backward Classes (Muslim).
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules or in the special rules for the various State and Subordinate Services, a Differently Abled Person shall be eligible for an age concession upto ten years over and above the age limits prescribed for the appointment to post by direct recruitment only, provided the applicant is otherwise fully suitable and the disability is not such as would render his incapable of efficiently discharging the duties of the post for which he is selected.
- The upper age for Ex-Servicemen will be the length of service in armed forces plus 03 years. Reservation of posts is applicable for Ex-serviceman as per Government of Tamil Nadu guidelines.
Payment of application fee (including postage charges) (non-refundable) :
- Unreserved & other candidates are required to pay a Non-refundable fee of 300/- and SC/ST are required to pay a non-refundable fee of50/- (for processing & postage charge) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of M/s Chennai Metro Rail Limited, payable at Chennai. Candidates should clearly mention their name, post code and mobile number at the back of the Demand Draft. No application fee for Differently Abled persons. Only disability certificate to be attached along with the application.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility, time limit before paying the application fee
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited application form forwarded without prescribed format and Demand Draft will be summarily rejected
Chennai Metro Rail Limited General Conditions :
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- Age, Qualification & experience stipulated above should be as on 04.06.2016. The candidates are advised to ensure while applying that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and other requirements mentioned and that the particulars furnished by them are correct in all respects. In case, if it is detected at any stage of recruitment process that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria and / or does not comply with other requirements of this advertisement and / or he/she has furnished any incorrect or false information or has suppressed any material fact, his/her candidature is liable to be rejected. If any of the above short comings is / are detected even after appointment, his services will be terminated without any notice.
- All the above mentioned positions are on contract basis. Initial contract period is for a period of 2 years. The same will be renewed only if there exists requirement on mutually agreed terms subject to the performance of the candidate. The consolidated Pay fixed is negotiable based on the experience and performance of the candidate.
- In order to regulate the number of candidates to be called for the interview, if so required, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards / criteria, or to relax the minimum eligibility standards / criteria including age limit for suitable candidates depending upon the response to the advertised post.
- Merely meeting the above qualifications and experience shall not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview. CMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates.
- Depending on the requirements, the Company reserves the right to cancel / curtail / increase the number of vacancies without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
- No TA/DA will be paid by CMRL to the candidates for attending the interview.
- Acceptance or rejection of application of the candidates will be at the sole discretion of Management. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the selection process will be rejected summarily and be declared disqualified for future CMRL recruitments.
- Persons already working in Government / PSU organization should forward their application through proper channel or produce NOC at the time of interview.
How to Apply for CMRL Recruitment 2016 :
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited application form may be downloaded from CMRL Website
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited applications must be in response to our advertisement quoting Advertisement Reference No. and Post on the application form.
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited applications should be submitted strictly as per the prescribed format.
- Name of the post applied for, should be superscribed on the envelope containing the application.
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited application should contain one recent passport size photograph pasted on the form, self-attested copy of proof of age, caste certificate in the prescribed format as applicable, degree certificate and experience certificate.
- Prescribed applications must be forwarded to CMRL through Post / Courier Service only. Applications forwarded through any other means including by Fax or e-mail will not be entertained.
- Signed Applications in hard copy along with prescribed application fee (DD) and related document copies must reach the following address :General Manager (HR),
Chennai Metro Rail Limited,
Admin Building, CMRL Depot,
Poonamallee High Road,
Chennai – 600 107.On or before 3rd July, 2016 CMRL will not be responsible for any delay / loss in postal transit of any application or DD or communication. GM (HR) can be reached at email ID “email@example.com”
- Candidates shall compulsorily provide an email ID for correspondence. All correspondence from CMRL shall be sent only through the email ID provided by the candidate.