Chennai Metro Rail Limited Recruitment 2015 for Driver
Chennai Metro Rail Limited
( A Joint Venture of Govt. of India & Govt. of Tamil Nadu )
Admin Building, CMRL Depot,
Poonamallee High Road, Koyambedu,
Chennai – 600 107.
The Government of Tamil Nadu created a Special Purpose Vehicle ( SPV ) for implementing the Chennai Metro Rail Project. This SPV named as “Chennai Metro Rail Limited ( CMRL )” was incorporated on 03.12.2007 under the Companies Act. It has been converted into a Joint Venture of Government of India and Government of Tamil Nadu with equal equity holding. CMRL requires efficient, experienced and competent Staff for the post mentioned below :
Indicative Vacancy Notification ( Contract Basis ) :
|Post Code||Name of Post||Scale of Pay ( )||No. of Post||Min Exp ( Yrs )||Gen||BC||BCM||MBC / DC||SC||SCA||ST|
|01||Driver – Special Vehicles||10,170 - 18,500/-||02||02||01||-||-||-||-||01||-|
Basic Pay, DA ( IDA Pattern), HRA ( 30% ) will be paid.
1) Required Qualifications and Experience :
Post Code No. 01 : Driver – Special Vehicle.
No of CMRL Driver Post 2015 : 02.
Minimum +2 pass with possession of Heavy Motor Vehicle ( HMV ) license issued by Government of Tamil Nadu. 2 years of experience in heavy motor vehicle driving or special rescue vehicle driving is required. Those who have worked in Metro Rail and experienced in driving special vehicles for rescue purpose, material transportation vehicles, etc will be preferred. Age not exceeding 35 years as on date of advertisement. Relaxable in case of exceptional qualification / experience.
Roles & Responsibilities : The personnel will be engaged in driving various types of relief and rescue vehicles, Special Vehicles, Rail road vehicle, material handling vehicles, etc in the Rolling Stock depot as well as outside. The personnel is supposed to work in general shift or in shifts. The personnel will be a part of Disaster Management team & Rescue team of the Metro Railway.
2. CMRL Driver Selection Process 2015 : For the above post, the selection methodology will comprise two-stage process, test / interview as the case may be, followed by Medical examination. The selection process would judge different facets of knowledge, skills, comprehension, aptitude and physical fitness. Candidates will have to pass through each stage successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
a. CMRL Driver Medical Examination 2015 : Expenses for the first time medical examination of the candidate will be borne by CMRL. However, in case a candidate seeks extension for joining, then the second time medical examination expenditure will be borne by the candidate himself. To & fro travel expenses for the medical test shall be borne by the candidate. The standard for medical examination for above mentioned post is A1. Details of Medical Standards are available with CMRL’s website : www.chennaimetrorail.gov.in under career link. Candidates, who fail in the prescribed medical test, will not be given any alternative employment and decision of the CMRL is final on this issue.
3. Character & Antecedents : The success in the above stated selection process does not confer any right to appointment unless the CMRL is satisfied after such an inquiry, as may be considered necessary, that the candidate character and antecedents is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
4. CMRL Driver Pay & Emoluments 2015 : The pay & emoluments shall be as per pay scales under the IDA ( Industrial DA ) as applicable from time to time and other benefits which include Perks, HRA, Medical benefit, EPF and Insurance etc. as per extant rules of HR Manual, CMRL.
5. CMRL Driver Concessions & Relaxations 2015 :
- Save or otherwise stated in the Job Notification / Advertisement, no person shall be eligible for appointment to any service by direct recruitment, unless he has completed 18 years of age on the date of Notification in which the vacancy is notified. The maximum age limit, if any, prescribed for the appointment does not apply to a candidate belonging to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Caste ( Arunthathiyars ) or Scheduled Tribe or to any of the Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities or Backward Classes ( other than Muslim) or Backward Class ( Muslim ).
- The age limit prescribed shall be increased by five years in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Caste ( Arunthathiyars ) or Scheduled Tribes and two years in respect of candidates belonging to Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes ( other than Muslim ) or Backward Classes ( Muslim ).
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules or in the special rules for the various State and Subordinate Services, a physically handicapped person shall be eligible for an age concession upto ten years over and above the age limits prescribed for the appointment to post by direct recruitment only, provided the applicant is otherwise fully suitable and the handicap is not such as would render his incapable of efficiently discharging the duties of the post for which he is selected.
- The upper age for Ex-Servicemen will be the length of service in armed forces plus 03 years. Reservation of posts is applicable for Ex-serviceman as per Government of Tamil Nadu guidelines.
6. CMRL Driver Payment of Application Fee ( including postage charges ) ( non-refundable ) :
- Unreserved & other candidates are required to pay a Non-refundable fee of 300/- and SC / ST are required to pay a non-refundable fee of 50/- ( for processing & postage charge ) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of M/s Chennai Metro Rail Limited, payable at Chennai. Candidates should clearly mention their name, post code and mobile number at the back of the Demand Draft.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility, time limit before paying the application fee.
- Application form forwarded without Demand Draft will be summarily rejected.
7. General Conditions for CMRL Driver 2015 :
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- Age, Qualification & experience stipulated above should be as on the date of advertisement. The candidates are advised to ensure while applying that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and other requirements mentioned and that the particulars furnished by them are correct in all respects. In case, if it is detected at any stage of recruitment process that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria and / or does not comply with other requirements of this advertisement and / or he has furnished any incorrect or false information or has suppressed any material fact, his / her candidature is liable to be rejected. If any of the above short comings is / are detected even after appointment, his services will be terminated without any notice.
- The post is on contract for a period of 2 years.
- In order to regulate the number of candidates to be called for the interview, if so required, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards / criteria, or to relax the minimum eligibility standards / criteria including age limit in otherwise suitable candidates depending upon the response to the advertised post.
- Merely meeting the above qualifications and experience shall not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview. CMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates.
- Depending on the requirements, the Company reserves the right to cancel / curtail / increase the number of vacancies without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
- No TA / DA will be paid by CMRL to the candidates for attending the interview.
- Acceptance or rejection of application of the candidates will be at the sole discretion of Management. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the selection process will be rejected summarily and be declared disqualified for future CMRL recruitments.
- Reservation of post for SC / ST / BC / MBC will be maintained as per the orders of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Persons already working in Government / PSU organization should forward their application through proper channel or produce NOC at the time of interview.
8. How to Apply for CMRL Driver 2015 :
- CMRL Driver Application form may be downloaded from CMRL Website.
- CMRL Driver Applications must be in response to our advertisement quoting Advertisement Reference No. and Post on the application form.
- CMRL Driver Applications should be submitted strictly as per the prescribed format.
- Name of the post applied for, should be superscribed on the envelope containing the application.
- The CMRL Driver application should contain one recent passport size photograph pasted on the form, self-attested copy of proof of age, caste certificate in the prescribed format as applicable, degree certificate and experience certificate.
- Prescribed applications must be forwarded to CMRL through Post / Courier Service only. Applications forwarded through any other means including by Fax or e-mail will not be entertained.
- Signed CMRL Driver Applications in hard copy along with prescribed application fee ( DD ) and related document copies must reach the General Manager ( HR ), Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Admin Building, CMRL Depot, Poonamallee High Road, Koyambedu, Chennai – 600 107 on or before 29.8.2015. CMRL will not be responsible for any delay / loss in postal transit of any application or DD or communication. GM ( HR ) can be reached at email ID “email@example.com”.
- Candidates shall compulsorily provide an email ID for correspondence. All correspondence from CMRL shall be sent only through the email ID provided by the candidate.