Chennai Metro Rail Limited Recruitment 2015 for Additional General Manager, Assistant Manager, Stenographer
Chennai Metro Rail Limited
( A Joint Venture of Govt. of India & Govt. Of Tamil Nadu )
Admin Building, CMRL Depot,
Poonamallee High Road, Koyambedu,
Chennai – 600 107.
The Government of Tamil Nadu created a Special Purpose Vehicle ( SPV ) for implementing the Chennai Metro Rail Project. This SPV named as “Chennai Metro Rail Limited ( CMRL )” was incorporated on 03.12.2007 under the Companies Act. It has been converted into a Joint Venture of Government of India and Government of Tamil Nadu with equal equity holding. CMRL requires efficient, experienced and competent officials for the posts mentioned below :
Indicative Vacancy Notification ( Contract Basis ) :
|Post Code||Name of Posts||Scale of Pay ( )||No. of Post||Minimum Experience||General||BC||BCM||MBC & DC||SC||SC A||ST|
|01||Additional General Manager ( UG )||43,200 - 66,000||01||17||1||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|02||Assistant Manager ( Finance & Accounts )||20,600 - 46,500||04||02||1||1||-||1||-||1||-|
|03||Stenographer||10,170 - 18,500||04||07||1||1||-||1||-||1||-|
Apart from the Basic Pay, DA ( IDA Pattern ), HRA ( 30% ) on Basic pay, Allowances ( 35% ) on Basic pay and other benefits will also be paid. Age relaxation will be extended for candidates from Railways / PSU’s / Government Organization with extensive experience.
1. Required Qualifications and Experience :
Post Code No. 01 : Additional General Manager ( Underground )
No of CMRL Additional General Manager Post : 01.
CMRL Additional General Manager Qualification 2015 : Must be B.E / B.Tech ( Civil ) graduate. He / She should have at least 17 years of work experience in Civil engineering field, out of which 8 years exclusively in underground Metro construction including with deep excavation support systems, design / construction of underground civil structures, underground – stations, tunnel works using TBM, C&C Tunnel and NATM are essential. He / She should be familiar with management of contracts relating to the large infrastructure projects. Should have knowledge & skill in management of FIDIC conditions of contract / International Civil Construction Contracts. Exposure in quality control & Assurance system in civil construction, Safety Implementation, Programme Monitoring, IS / International Codes for construction of civil underground structures will be an added advantage. Working Experience in top-down construction technology in urban locations will be an added advantage. Age not exceeding 47 years as on date of advertisement.
Post Code No. 02 : Assistant Manager ( Finance & Accounts )
No of CMRL Assistant Manager Post : 04.
CMRL Assistant Manager Qualification 2015 : Must be a Commerce or equivalent Graduate from a recognized Institute / University and MBA ( Finance ) or equivalent Post Graduation in Finance is desirable. He / She should possess minimum 2 years Executive experience in Finance and Accounts in a PSU or Govt Sector or in a Private Company having a minimum annual turnover of 250 Crore ( The candidate should submit documentary proof with the application to establish that the Pvt Company has an annual turnover of 250 Crore or more ). Age not exceeding 30 years as on date of advertisement.
CMRL Assistant Manager Roles & Responsibilities 2015 :
He / She shall be responsible for the preparation of bills, verification of all vouchers – cash, bank, journal. Maintaining all books of accounts as per the Accounting Standards / Companies Act. Preparation / Verification of Monthly Management reports. Monitor the entries passed on daily basis including entries for fund transfer and interest on short term deposits and reconcile the same with the relevant ledgers. Verification of the Payroll processing, Coordinating with Internal Auditors of the Company. Preparation of Annual Budget for the Company, Closing of accounts at the end of the year, Ensuring compliance of the company in respect of Income Tax, Wealth tax, TDS, VAT, Professional Tax, Service Tax, etc. and all other applicable statutes.
Post Code No. 03 : Stenographer.
No of CMRL Stenographer Post : 04.
CMRL Stenographer Qualification 2015 : Must be a Graduate in Arts / Science / Commerce and should have passed Government Technical Examination in Typewriting and Shorthand by Higher / Lower Grade. He / She should have minimum 7 years of experience in shorthand / type writing field. Knowledge of English and Tamil are mandatory. Knowledge of MS-Office and other IT related software is essential. Age not exceeding 40 years as on date of advertisement.
2. CMRL Recruitment Selection Process 2015 :
For the above posts, the selection methodology will comprise two-stage process, test / interview as the case may be, followed by Medical examination. The Chennai Metro Rail Limited selection process would judge different facets of knowledge, skills, comprehension, aptitude and physical fitness. Candidates will have to pass through each stage successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
- CMRL Recruitment Medical Examination 2015 :Expenses for the first time medical examination of the candidate will be borne by CMRL. However, in case a candidate seeks extension for joining, then the second time medical examination expenditure will be borne by the candidate himself / herself. Candidates, who fail in the prescribed medical test, will not be given any alternative employment and decision of the CMRL is final on this issue. To & fro travel expenses for the medical test shall be borne by the candidate.
3. Character & Antecedents :
The success in the above stated selection process does not confer any right to appointment unless the CMRL is satisfied after such an inquiry, as may be considered necessary, that the candidate character and antecedents is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
4. Pay & Emoluments for CMRL Posts 2015 :
The pay & emoluments for Chennai Metro Rail Limited Recruitment shall be as per pay scales under the IDA ( Industrial DA ) as applicable from time to time and other benefits which include Perks, HRA, Medical benefit, EPF and Insurance etc. as per extant rules of HR Manual, CMRL.
5. Concessions & Relaxations for CMRL Posts 2015 :
- Save or otherwise stated in the Job Notification / Advertisement, no person shall be eligible for appointment to any service by direct recruitment, unless he has completed 18 years of age on the date of Chennai Metro Rail Limited Notification in which the vacancy is notified. The maximum age limit, if any, prescribed for the appointment does not apply to a candidate belonging to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Caste ( Arunthathiyars ) or Scheduled Tribe or to any of the Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities or Backward Classes ( other than Muslim ) or Backward Class ( Muslim ).
- The age limit prescribed shall be increased by five years in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Caste ( Arunthathiyars ) or Scheduled Tribes and two years in respect of candidates belonging to Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes ( other than Muslim ) or Backward Classes ( Muslim ).
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules or in the special rules for the various State and Subordinate Services, a physically handicapped person shall be eligible for an age concession upto ten years over and above the age limits prescribed for the appointment to post by direct recruitment only, provided the applicant is otherwise fully suitable and the handicap is not such as would render his incapable of efficiently discharging the duties of the post for which he is selected.
- The upper age for Ex-Servicemen will be the length of service in armed forces plus 03 years. Reservation of posts is applicable for Ex-serviceman as per Government of Tamil Nadu guidelines.
6. Payment of CMRL Application Fee ( including postage charges ) ( non-refundable ) :
- Unreserved & other candidates are required to pay a Non-refundable fee of 300/- and SC / ST are required to pay a non-refundable fee of 50/- ( for processing & postage charge ) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of M/s Chennai Metro Rail Limited, payable at Chennai. Candidates should clearly mention their name, post code and mobile number at the back of the Demand Draft. No application fee for Differently Abled persons. Only disability certificate to be attached along with the Chennai Metro Rail Limited application.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility, time limit before paying the application fee.
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited Application form forwarded without Demand Draft will be summarily rejected.
7. General Conditions for Chennai Metro Rail Limited Recruitment 2015 :
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- Age, Qualification & experience stipulated above should be as on the date of Chennai Metro Rail Limited advertisement. The candidates are advised to ensure while applying that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and other requirements mentioned and that the particulars furnished by them are correct in all respects. In case, if it is detected at any stage of recruitment process that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria and / or does not comply with other requirements of Chennai Metro Rail Limited advertisement and / or he / she has furnished any incorrect or false information or has suppressed any material fact, his / her candidature is liable to be rejected. If any of the above short comings is / are detected even after appointment, his / her services will be terminated without any notice.
- All the posts are on contract for a period of 2 years. Deputation may be considered by Management in case of candidates from Government Organizations like Indian Railways etc.
- In order to regulate the number of candidates to be called for the Chennai Metro Rail Limited interview, if so required, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards / criteria, or to relax the minimum eligibility standards / criteria including age limit in otherwise suitable candidates depending upon the response to the advertised post.
- Merely meeting the above qualifications and experience shall not entitle a candidate to be called for CMRL interview. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview. CMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates.
- Depending on the requirements, the Company reserves the right to cancel / curtail / increase the number of vacancies without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
- No TA / DA will be paid by CMRL to the candidates for attending the Chennai Metro Rail Limited interview.
- Acceptance or rejection of application of the candidates will be at the sole discretion of Management. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the Chennai Metro Rail Limited selection process will be rejected summarily and be declared disqualified for future CMRL recruitments.
- Reservation of post for SC / ST / BC / MBC will be maintained as per the orders of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Persons already working in Government / PSU organization should forward their application through proper channel or produce NOC at the time of interview.
8. How to Apply for CMRL Recruitment 2015 :
- Application form may be downloaded from CMRL Website.
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited Applications must be in response to our advertisement quoting Advertisement Reference No. and Post on the application form.
- CMRL Applications should be submitted strictly as per the prescribed format.
- Name of the post applied for, should be superscribed on the envelope containing the application.
- The CMRL application should contain one recent passport size photograph pasted on the form, self-attested copy of proof of age, caste certificate in the prescribed format as applicable, degree certificate and experience certificate.
- Prescribed applications must be forwarded to CMRL through Post / Courier Service only. Chennai Metro Rail Limited Applications forwarded through any other means including by Fax or e-mail will not be entertained.
- Signed Applications in hard copy along with prescribed application fee ( DD ) and related document copies must reach the General Manager ( HR ), Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Admin Building, CMRL Depot, Poonamallee High Road, Koyambedu, Chennai – 600 107 on or before 24.04.2015. CMRL will not be responsible for any delay / loss in postal transit of any application or DD or communication. GM ( HR ) can be reached at email ID email@example.com.
- Candidates shall compulsorily provide an email ID for correspondence. All correspondence from CMRL shall be sent only through the email ID provided by the candidate.