Central Railway RRC Recruitment 2013 for Trackman, Safaiwala, Helper and Salesman 2013
Railway Recruitment Cell,
Chief Project Manager ( Conv )’s Office Building,
P. D’Mello Road,
Mumbai – 400 010.
Open market Recruitment for the posts in Pay Band-1 of 5200-20200 with Grade Pay of 1800/-
|Closing Date and time of receipt of Applications||23.09.2013 at 18.00 Hrs.|
|Closing Date & Time of receipt of applications for residents of candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep.||08.10.2013 at 18.00 Hrs.|
|( Note : Applications received after closing date and time shall not be entertained )|
Railway Recruitment Cell, Central Railway, Mumbai, invites applications from citizens of India and such other candidates declared eligible by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India to fill up the following posts in Pay Band-1 of 5200-20200 with Grade Pay of 1800/- in Central Railway.
Important Note for Central Railway Recruitment 2013
Candidates to note that all the Zonal Railways are likely to issue Notification for recruitment to the posts individually. The written examination will be held by all the Railways during the same period simultaneously. Similarly, the Physical Efficiency Test for those who qualify in the written test will be held simultaneously by all the Railways. Candidates should keep this in mind before applying for any particular Notification.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Post||Department||Number of Vacancies||Ex.SM ( Out of Col.8 )||PH Quota||Total PH ( Out of Col. 8 )||Medical Standard|
|1||Trackman||Engineering||844||199||124||398||1565||313||Not Suitable for PWD||#coldpan#||0||B-1|
|2||Safaiwala / Watchmen Cum Sweeper||Medical / S & T||67||44||20||30||161||32||7 ( LV )||7 ( OL )||8||22||C-1|
|3||Safaiwala||Comml.||10||5||3||18||36||7||0||1 ( OL )||0||1||C-1|
|4||Safaiwala||Mech.||30||9||5||16||60||12||0||1 ( OL )||1||2||B-1|
|5||Peon / Hamal||General / Commercial / Accounts Etc.||11||4||0||0||15||3||5 ( LV, B )||5 ( OL, BL )||5||15||C-II|
|6||Helper||Mech. W/shop & Engg. W/shop, Elect. W/shop||314||94||47||169||624||125||7 ( LV )||6 ( OL )||6||19||C-1|
|7||Helper||S & T / Mech. / Elect. / Engg. / DSL||524||147||88||210||969||194||10 ( LV )||10 ( OL )||9||29||B-1|
|8||Bearer / WRA||Commercial||11||0||0||4||15||2||5 ( LV )||5 ( OL )||5||15||C-II|
|9||Luggage Porter / Scale Porter / Goods Hamal||Commercial||7||1||0||1||9||2||3 ( LV )||3 ( OL )||3||9||C-I|
|10||Salesman||Comml. / Catering||2||1||0||0||3||0||1 ( LV )||1 ( OL )||1||3||C-II|
|11||APM||Operating||221||68||25||69||383||69||Not Suitable for PWD||0||A-2|
- Vacancies are approximate and are liable to change.
- Ex-Servicemen quota is included in total no. of each post / group of posts.
- Posts mentioned at row serial no. 5, 8, 9 & 10 are exclusively earmarked for Persons With Disabilities ( PWD ).
- The vacancies mentioned in the column no. 8 are inclusive of vacancies mentioned in the column no. 9 & 11.
- This notification also includes vacancies for recruitment of Persons With Disabilities ( PWD ) as part of regular and special recruitment drive. The vacancies reserved for PWD are not separate but included in the total number of vacancies. The vacancies in the peon category are exclusively notified for Persons With Disability as part of special recruitment drive.
1. Eligibility Criteria for Central Railway Recruitment 2013 :
1.1 Minimum Educational Qualifications for CR Recruitment 2013 :
Candidates should possess the qualification of 10th Class Passed or ITI or equivalent or above. Candidates appearing at and / or awaiting results of the final examinations of 10th / ITI or equivalent on the date of application are not eligible to apply.
1.2 Central Railway Recruitment Age Limit 2013 :
The normal age ( in completed years ) for the recruitment is 18-33 years reckoned as on 01.01.2014. The upper age limit is relaxable for the following specified categories to the extent indicated below.
- By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST communities.
- By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities.
- By five years to candidates who have originally been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
- For Persons With Disabilities ( PWD ) – 10 years for UR, 13 years for OBC and 15 years for SC / ST candidates.
- For the serving Railway Staff, the relaxation in upper age limits will be up to 40 years for Unreserved candidates, 45 years for SC / ST candidates and 43 years for OBC candidates, provided they have put in a minimum of 3 years service ( continuous or in broken spells ).
- For the staff of Quasi Administrative Offices of Railway Organisation such as Railway Canteens, Railway Institutes and Railway Co-operative Societies who have put in 3 years service, relaxation of age will be given to the extent of service rendered by them subject to a maximum of 05 years and upper age limit of 38 years.
- Upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from the husband but not remarried shall be relaxed up to 35 years for Unreserved, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC / ST candidates.
- The upper age limit in case of course completed Act Apprentices applying for those posts whose minimum qualification is Course completed Act apprenticeship shall be relaxed to the extent of apprentice training undergone by them under the Apprenticeship Act 1961.
- For Ex-Servicemen, the maximum age should be as under :
- For UR candidates : 33 years + relaxable to the extent of military service + 3 years.
- For SC / ST candidates : 38 years + relaxable to the extent of military service + 3 years.
- For OBC candidates : 36 years + relaxable to the extent of military service + 3 years. Relaxation will be admissible only if the military service before discharge ( in case of disability etc. ) is not less than six ( 06 ) months.
2. Application Fee for Central Railway Recruitment 2013 :
- 100/- ( Rupees One hundred only ) payable in a form of crossed Demand Draft from State Bank of India or from any other Nationalized Bank or crossed Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ), Railway Recruitment Cell, Central Railway, Mumbai. Remittance of examination fee in any other form will not be accepted. These instruments should be issued after the date of notification.
- Candidates should write their name and address at the back of the Indian Postal Order / Demand Draft.
2.1 The following categories are exempted from payment of examination fee :
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST communities
- Women candidates
- Candidates belonging to minority communities ( * )
- Candidates belonging to Economically Backward Classes ( ** )
- Persons With Disabilities
- Ex. Servicemen
Note : ( * ) Minorities means Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zoroastrians ( Parsis ) For claiming waiver of examination fee, Minority candidates should furnish ‘self declaration’ as mentioned in Annexure-’E’ along with application form. At the time of document verification such candidates claiming waiver of examination fee will be required to furnish ‘minority community declaration1 affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that he / she belongs to any of the above minority community. If the affidavit is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.( ** ) Economically Backward Classes means, the candidates whose family income is less than 50,000/- per annum.
The following authorities are authorized to issue income certificate for the purpose of identifying Economically Backward Classes :
- District Magistrate or any other Revenue Officer up to the level of Tehsildar.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha for persons of their own constituency.
- BPL Card or any other certificate issued by Central Government under recognized poverty alleviation programme or Izzat MST issued by Railways.
- Union Minister may also recommend to Chairman / RRC for any persons from anywhere in the country.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Rajya Sabha for persons of the district in which these MPs normally reside. This certificate shall be issued on the letter head of the issuing authority in the format at Annexure-C and enclose with the application.
2.2 Persons With Disabilities ( PWD )
The suitability of a post for Persons With Disability has been decided. In case of some posts, certain vacancies are specifically reserved for them. However, they may also apply as normal candidates against the vacancies earmarked for their respective community, i.e. UR / SC / ST / OBC, for those posts which have been identified suitable for Persons With Disabilities even if no separate vacancies are earmarked for them. The pass candidates shall be absorbed / adjusted against vacancies of their respective community.
2.3 Definitions of Disabilities :
- Blindness :‘Blindness’ refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions, namely :
- Total absence of sight; or
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 ( Snellen ) in the better eye with correcting lenses; or
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse.
- Low Vision : ‘Person with low vision’ means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
- Hearing Impairment : ‘Hearing Impairment’ means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
- Locomotor Disability : ‘Locomotor disability’ means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral Palsy : ‘Cerebral Palsy’ means a group of non-progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal or infant period of development.
- All the cases of orthopedically handicapped persons would be covered under the category of ‘locomotor disability or cerebral palsy’.
- Degree of Disability for Reservation : Only such persons would be eligible for reservation in services / posts who suffer from not less than 40 per cent of relevant disability. A person who wants to avail of benefit of reservation would have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by a Competent Authority.
- Competent Authority to issue a Disability Certificate : The Competent Authority to issue a Disability Certificate shall be a medical Board duly constituted by Central or State Government consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular field for assessing locomotor / cerebral / visual / hearing disability, as the case may be.
- Visually Handicapped candidates / those candidates whose writing speed is affected by cerebral palsy can avail the assistance of scribe for writing answers on their behalf. For engaging the scribe the candidate will have to suitably inform the Railway Recruitment Cell in advance as per Annexure- D. The engagement of scribe will be subject to the following conditions :
- The candidates will have to arrange their own scribes at their own cost during examination. Separate admit cards will be issued to the scribes accompanying the visually handicapped candidates. Admit card should contain the particulars and photograph of the scribe duly signed by him / her.
- The academic qualification of the scribe should be one grade below the qualification prescribed for the post for which recruitment is made.
- The scribe can be from any academic discipline different from that of the candidate. He / she should not have secured more than 60% marks in the qualification mentioned at (ii) above.
- The candidates as well as the scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking ( Annexure-D ) along with the application confirming that scribe fulfills all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe as mentioned above. In case it transpires later, that he / she did not fulfill any of the laid down eligibility criteria or there has been suppression of material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled irrespective of the result of the examination. The visually handicapped shall be responsible for any mis-conduct on the part of the scribe brought by him / her. The undertaking should be submitted by the visually handicapped candidates whose writing speed is affected by cerebral palsy along with his / her application.
- All one eyed candidates and VH candidates whose visual degree of disability is less than 40% shall not be considered as visually handicapped persons and the provision of engaging scribe shall not be applicable to them.
- All selected candidates will be subjected to medical examination by Railway Medical Authority at the time of appointment and only those conforming to the medical standards as laid down in the Indian Railway Medical Manual and other extant provisions as the case may be will only be eligible for appointment.
- The Persons With Disability should have registered in the Special Employment Information Centre and must produce the current Registration Card valid on closing date of notification.
Application for RRC Central Railway Recruitment 2013 :
3.1 Candidates should submit the application in the format annexed as Annexure-1.
3.2 The application should be on good quality A-4 size bond paper ( 80 GSM ) using one side only. Newspaper cuttings should not be used as applications.
3.3 Candidates should ensure that application is on a Single Sheet conforming to the above specifications. The candidates can also download the application format from the website : www.rrccr.com. Candidates using printed application form from any other source should ensure that it conforms to the prescribed format.
3.4 Candidates should fill up the application form in his / her own handwriting either in Hindi or in English with black ball point pen only.
3.5 Photograph : One recent ( not earlier than three months from the date of application ) colour passport size photograph with clear front view of the candidate without cap and sun glasses should be pasted on the application form in the space provided. One identical extra colour passport size photograph should be enclosed with the application indicating candidates name on the reverse of the photograph. Candidates may note that RRC / CR may reject at any stage for pasting old / unclear photograph on the application or for any significant variations between photograph pasted on the application and actual physical appearance of the candidate.
3.6 Candidates should tick (•/) mark their community in the appropriate box at Column No. 8 of the application. The candidates with Physical Disabilities shall tick (V) mark in Column No. 10 of the application form.
3.7 The candidate should fill the Column No.1 & 4 of the application form in English only indicating his address with Pin code, even though application is in Hindi. The candidates belonging to SC / ST communities should fill the nearest Railway Station ( Column No. 3 ) for the purpose of issuing free Railway Pass.
3.8 Candidates belonging to SC / ST communities should produce a community certificate in the format given in Annexure-A of this Notification.
3.9 Candidates belonging to OBC community should produce a non-creamy layer certificate in Central Government format only for 2013-14 in the format given in Annexure -B of this notification.
3.10 Candidates who have already been debarred for life from appearing in all the examinations conducted by the Railway Recruitment Boards / Railway Recruitment Cells or those who have been debarred for a specified period which is yetto be over are not eligible to apply.
3.11 Candidates should send their applications by Ordinary Post Only, sufficiently in advance to reach this office on or before the closing date. Railway Recruitment Cell / CR will not be responsible for any postal delay or wrong delivery of applications and no correspondence will be entertained.
3.12 The candidates should copy the declaration at Column No.16 of the application form in his / her own handwriting ( Not in Capital letters ). Otherwise their applications will be rejected.
3.13 The candidates should put their Left Hand thumb impression and signature at the designated box in the application form. The thumb impression and the signature must be clear and complete. Applications without left hand thumb impression and Signature will be summarily rejected.
3.14 In Item No. 14 of the application form the candidate should indicate any clear / visible marks of identification on their body like ‘a mole on the nose’ or ‘cut mark on the forehead, etc. The application form of the candidate is liable to be rejected if he / she does not indicate identification marks or if No Identification Mark then write Nil.
3.15 Whom to Apply for Central Railway Recruitment 2013 : The filled-in application form along with the required documents should be addressed to the Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ), Railway Recruitment Cell, Central Railway, Chief Project Manager ( Conv. )’s Office Building, 1 st Floor, P.D’Mello Road, Wadi Bunder, Mumbai – 400 010.
3.16 On the envelope containing the application it should be clearly written “Application for Recruitment to the Posts in Pay Band-1 5200 – 20200 + GP 1800/- against Employment Notification No. 03/2013″.
3.17 The application should be sent by ordinary post so as to reach this office on or before the closing date and time mentioned above. The filled-in applications can also be dropped in the boxes kept for the purpose in the premises of the Railway Recruitment Cell at the above mentioned address on or before the closing date and time.
4. Only one Application :
Each candidate should send only one application. Candidates submitting multiple applications will not be considered. Even if such a candidate gets selected inadvertently, he / she will not be offered appointment, later on.
5. Mode of Selection for Central Railway Recruitment 2013 : Modality of recruitment process will be available on the official website of RRC, Central Railway in due course.
6. Central Railway Recruitment General Conditions 2013 :
6.1 Candidates before applying should carefully read the instructions and ensure that he / she fulfills all eligibility conditions at the time of submission of applications.
6.2 The number of vacancies shown in this notification are provisional and the same is liable to increase or decrease depending upon the actual needs of the administration.
6.3 Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in Central Railway.
6.4 Mere selection and empanelment does not confer any right of appointment to the candidates.
6.5 Admission of the candidate at all stages of recruitment will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed conditions.
6.6 Railway Recruitment Cell reserves the right to alter the modus of examinations or conduct re-PET / re-examination or cancel part or whole of any process of recruitment at any stage.
6.7 Under any circumstances no damage / loss or refund of examination fee will be made.
6.8 Medical Examination : The candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass the requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post. Only those candidates who are medically fit would be offered appointment.
6.9 Candidates recommended for a particular category of post with a higher medical classification will not be considered for any alternative post with lower medical classification in the event of their medical unfitness.
6.10 RRC / CR shall reject application of non-fulfilling the requisite criteria at any stage of recruitment and if erroneously appointed such candidates shall be summarily removed from service.
6.11 The candidates will be called for the verification of the original certificates based on the merit of the written examination.
6.12 The final recruitment panel will be strictly based on merit position obtained in written examination.
7. Abbreviations Used :
SC-Scheduled Caste; ST-Scheduled Tribe; OBC-Other Backward Classes; UR-Un-reserved; PWD-Persons with Disabilities, VH-Visually Handicapped; HH-Hearing Handicapped; OH-Orthopedically Handicapped; LV-Low Vision, B-Blind, OL-One Leg, BL-Both Leg, PET- Physical Efficiency Test.