Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited Recruitment 2016 for Director
Appointment of Director Finance 2016 :
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited, a joint venture of Government of India and Government of Karnataka is entrusted with the responsibility of implementing the Bangalore Metro Rail Project. The project envisages establishing a Metro Rail system consisting of Phase I and Phase II, approved as of now. Phase I with two corridors of 42.3 kms, at an estimated cost of 13,845 crores, is in the final stages of completion. The company has commenced commercial operations in Reach 1, Reach 3, Reach 3 (a), Reach 3 (b) and Reach 2. Phase II consisting of 72 Kms with 4 extensions to the existing lines and 2 new lines at an estimated cost of 26,405 crores is at the tendering stage.
The Company invites applications for the post of Director ( Finance ). The Director will be a Member on the Board of Directors of the Company and will report to the Managing Director.
BMRCL Director Job Description and Responsibilities 2016 :
He / She will be responsible for all Finance and Accounts functions including but not limited to the following :
- Overall supervision of the finance and accounts functions.
- Fund management ( receipts, payments, cash and bank transactions, cash and fund flow etc ) including ensuring that the financial resources are secured and funds deployed efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring Financial Reporting including P & L , Balance Sheet etc. duly audited by Internal Audit / Statutory Audit.
- Project – related financial planning, follow up with funding agencies, submission of compliance, narrative reports and MIS.
- Coordination with Government of Karnataka, Government of India, Financial Institutions in India and overseas.
- Putting in place “Finance Manual”.
- Overseeing installation of ERP packages in respect of Modules relating to Finance and Accounts.
- Improving and implementing a comprehensive financial management plan that will ensure an efficient, effective and sustainable programme consistent with Project Policies.
- Providing operational oversight from finance / accounts angle for the overall Project implementation.
- Coordinating the consolidation of the annual, short and long term financial plans, budgets, forecasts, prepare, analyze and report the results to the Management.
- Optimizing deployment and ensuring adequacy of financial resources during the implementation of the Project.
- Appraisal of financial risks and remedial actions.
2. BMRCL Director Qualification and Experience 2016 :
2.1. For Direct Recruitment :
Minimum age 50 years but not more than 58 years as on 01.01.2016.
2.1.1. BMRCL Director Essential Qualification 2016 :
Should be a Graduate and Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / Institute of Costs and Works Accounts of India / MBA with specialization in Finance from reputed Management Institutes such as the Indian Institute of Management.
- At least 25 years post – qualification experience in Project Finance / Finance / Accounting / Audit / setting up Financial, Accounting and Audit systems and procedures in a large public or private sector organization of repute. 25 years should include atleast 7 years at the level of General Manager / Group General Manager or equivalent. Candidate should have knowledge and experience in managing financial and accounting software.
- Candidate should be well versed with the latest accounting standards including GAAP, as well as developments related to IFRS, taxation, Investment and Portfolio management, raising of funds, tender processes and contracting.
- Should have proven ability to handle related functions independently and lead a team of finance, accounting and HR Professionals.
2.1.2. BMRCL Director Desirable Qualification 2016 :
- Experience for arranging funding from the Global multilateral and bilateral funding agencies and appraisal exercise and negotiations thereof, FEMA guidelines, ECB norms and RBI compliances and related issues.
- Should have worked in a computerized environment and should be familiar- with available accounting – and – financial – management softwares.
- International competitive bid – processing based on Global funding agency guidelines.
- Experience of working in a Metro Rail Organisation.
The experience criteria will be relaxed for very deserving candidates.
2.2. For Deputation :
Minimum age 50 years but not more than 58 years as on 01.01.2016.
Members of IAS, IA & AS, IRS and Group ‘A’ Accounts Services of Government of India ( comprising of IRAS, IDAS, ICAS, P & T, FAS etc ) or equivalent service with 25 years experience shall be eligible for applying to the post.
3. BMRCL Director General 2016 :
The job description shall not be construed as an exhaustive description of nature of duties, responsibilities or requirements and the Board reserves the right to require the Director to perform any other job – related functions in the best interest of implementation of the Project / Company.
4. BMRCL Director Pay Scale for Direct Recruitment 2016 :
BMRCL Director Pay Scale 2016 : The IDA scale of pay is 75000 – 100000 with 35% of Basic pay as allowance ( cafeteria approach ).
4.1. For Deputation :
BMRCL Director Pay Scale 2016 : On their own pay and pay scale held in their parent organization.
5. BMRCL Director Tenure and Age of Retirement 2016 :
The tenure of the Director is 5 years or 60 years of age whichever is earlier.
6. Other Facilities as per Rules of the Company Including the Following :
- HRA as admissible or Company quarters in lieu of HRA.
- Chauffeur driven vehicle.
- Reimbursement of outpatient medical expenses up to one month’s basic pay – p.a.
- Medical and Personal Accident Insurance coverage.
- Newspaper allowance
- Mobile / Residential telephone
- Project Allowance
- House orderly allowance
7. BMRCL Director Procedure for Application 2016 :
Persons employed in Government Departments / Public Sector Undertakings shall apply through proper channel and shall produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employers at the time of Interview.
BMRCL Director Application 2016 furnishing a comprehensive Bio – data including name, fathers name, date of birth, postal address, details of qualification and experience ( covering organization, position held with areas of responsibility and emoluments drawn ) supported by attested copies of documents and two passport size photographs in a sealed envelope superscribed as “Application for the post of Director ( Finance ) should reach the following address on or before 22.1.2016.
The General Manager ( HR ),
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited,
III Floor, BMTC Complex, K.H.Road,
Bangalore 560 027.