Railway Protection Force Ministry of Railways – Sub – Inspector
Recruitment for the post of Sub-Inspector ( Male & Female ) in RPF / RPSF.
Last date for receipt of application : 22.10.2007.
Closing Date 05.11.2007 ( For candidates residing abroad and Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Islands, the closing date is 05.11.2007.
Applications are invited from eligible male / female candidates for filling up the posts of Sub-Inspector ( Executive ) in Scale 5500-175-9000 in the Railway Protection Force / Railway Protection Special Force as per instructions contained in the following paras : -
1. Pay Scale : 5500 – 175 – 9000 with usual allowances as admissible to Central Government employees, from time to time
2. Number of Vacancies :
Note : The vacancies may increase or decrease at the time of recruitment. The selected candidates are liable to serve anywhere in India in the RPF or RPSF and may be allotted to any Zonal railway / RPSF after selection.
These posts have not been identified as suitable for persons with disabilities and hence they have been exempted from the purview of Sections 33 and 47 of the Persons with Disabilities ( Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ) Act, 1995 by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
3. Eligibility :
a. Only those candidates who are citizens of India and have passed graduation or equivalent from a recognized University can apply.
b. Age : The candidates must not be less than 20 years and not more than 25 years of age as on 01st January 2008 except that-
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years for SC / ST candidates.
- 03 years for Other Backward Class Candidates subject to following conditions.
a. Candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes but coming under “creamy layer” are not eligible for age relaxation. They Should indicate their community as UR.
b. OBC candidates should specifically obtain a certificate to the effect that the candidate does not belong to the Creamy layer. Unless the criteria is satisfied OBC candidates cannot avail the reservation under this quota and if they have indicated the community as OBC their application will be rejected and they will not be considered even against UR quota.
c. The OBC certificate should be current / recently issued.
d. OBC candidates are also required to fill a separate declaration as mentioned at Annexure ‘D’.
- Upto 05 years for Central Govt, civilian employees ( including serving railway employees ) who have rendered not less that 3 years of continuous service on regular basis as on the closing date.
- Upto a maximum of five years to the candidates of Jammu & Kashmir who have ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of J&K state during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 ( Domicile certificate issued by the competent State authority is necessary for such claim )
- Upto the age of 35 years ( upto 40 years for SC / ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates ) in the case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands, who are not remarried.
- Age concession for Ex – Servicemen will be allowed in accordance with the orders issued by the Government from time to time and they will be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age limit by more than three years.
c. Serving Employees : A candidate serving under any Government or Public Sector Enterprise / undertaking, including Railways can send an advance copy of the application complete in all respects including enclosures and their applications sent through proper channel should follow at the earliest. Alternatively, such candidates can send their application directly endorsing a “No Objection Certificate” issued by the employer.
d. Physical standards for male candidates :
|Category||Height ( in cms. )||Chest unexpended ( In cms. )|
|UR and OBC||165||80.0|
|SC / ST||160||76.2|
|Garhwalis.Gorkhas, Kumaonese, |
Dogras. Marathas, etc, and other
categories specified by
Government from time to time
Note : 5 cms minimum chest expansion is a must for candidates of all the categories.
e. Physical standards for female candidates :
|Category||Height ( in cms. )|
|UR / OBC||157|
|SC / ST||152|
|Garhwalis, Gorkhas. Kumaonese, Dogras, Marathas, etc and other categories specified by Government from time to time||155|
4. Ineligibility : No person.
a. Who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living, or.
b. Who having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment as member of the Force.