SSB Recruitment 2016 Age Limit for Constable ( Driver ) – SSB Constable Driver Recruitment | SSB Constable Driver Qualification | SSB Constable Driver Application Form
Age Limit for SSB Constables 2016 :
SSB Constable (Driver) Age Limit 2016 : 21 to 27 years.
SSB Constables (Cook, Washerman, Barber, Safaiwala & Water Carrier) Age Limit 2016 : 18 to 23 years.
Age Relaxation for SSB Constables 2016 :
Age relaxations applicable to different categories of eligible candidates, are as under :
- SC / ST : 5 years.
- OBC : 3 years.
- Ex-Servicemen ( UR / General ) : 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age.
- Ex-Servicemen ( OBC ) : 6 years (3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age.
- Ex-Servicemen ( SC / ST ) : 8 years (3 years + 5 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age.
- Government servant : **05 years
- Candidate who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989. ( Unreserved / General ) : 5 years
- Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.(OBC) : (3+5) 8 years
- Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 (SC/ST) : (5 + 5) 10 years
- *Children/dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved/General) : 5 years
- *Children/dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC) : (3+5) 8 years
- *Children/dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (ST/SC) : (5 + 5) 10 years
*Children mean (a) Son ( including adopted son ) : or (b) Daughter ( including adopted daughter ) Dependent family members mean : (a) Spouse; or (b) Children; or Brother or Sister in the case of unmarried Govt. servant who was wholly dependent on the Govt. servant at the time of his killing in the riot. The candidate will have to produce a certificate to the effect, issued by the concerned District Collector to claim relaxation in age.
**Government employees/servants claiming age relaxation should be in possession of certificate from their office in respect of the length of continuous service which should not be less than 03 years in the immediate period preceding the closing date of receipt of application. They should continue to have the status of Government servant / employee till the time of appointment. In the event of their selection, the candidate will have to produce NOC from his / her parent department.
In case of candidates belonging to OBC category, the creamy layer status should have been obtained within three years of the closing date of receipt of application as mentioned at Para-9(i)(a). The OBC certificate in prescribed format (Annexure-III) issued after publication of this advertisement in Employment News and before the closing date of receipt of application as mentioned at Para-9(i)(a) will be accepted as proof of belonging to OBC category.
Candidate who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved or seek age relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority.
The candidates seeking relaxation under SC/ST category should submit the certificate. In the event of non-enclosure of the certificate, their claim for SC/ST category will not be entertained.
The candidates seeking relaxation under OBC category should submit the certificate. In the event of non-enclosure of certificate, the candidate will be considered under Un-Reserved category, if he/she fulfills the eligibility conditions prescribed for Un-Reserved category. Certificate on any other format will not be accepted.
Definitions / Special Instructions for Ex-Servicemen
- Age : Relaxation to the extent of military service plus 3 years as provided in DOP&T Notification No.39016/10179-Rectt© dated 15.12.1979.
- Every Ex-Serviceman who has put in not less than six months continuous service in the Armed Forces of the Union, shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit by more than three years he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit. However, break in service should not be more than two years.
- Ex-Servicemen holding the higher rank may also compete in Sashastra Seema Bal recruitment for lower post provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria and also they furnish their willingness in writing that in the event of their selection they will not claim the post equivalent to the rank they were holding in the Defence Forces.
- Character certificate : Minimum requirement will be Exemplary / Very Good / Good category certificate.
- Medical Category : “A” ( Aye ) / Shape-One, at the time of discharge. They should pass the same medical standards prescribed for direct recruits.
- “Ex-servicemen” means a person who has served in any rank ( whether as a combatant or as a non-combatant ) in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserve Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the paramilitary forces; and
- Who has retired from such service after earning his / her pension; this would also include persons who are released / retired at their own request but after having earned their pension or Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension or Who has been released, otherwise than on his own request, from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity, and includes personnel of the Territorial Army, of the following categories, namely :
- Pension holders for continuous embodied services;
- pension with disability attributable to military service; and
- Gallantry award winners.