23 to 28 years ( Cut off date for age will be 1st August, 2013 ) Cut off date for determining the age will be 01.08.2013. The candidate must fulfill all eligibility conditions and should be in possession of all certificates on 01.08.2013 i.e. the last date of receipt of application. Candidates not in possession of Heavy Driving License or appearing in the examination / awaiting result / not in possession of educational certificates need not apply.
B) Age Relaxation for SSB Constable ( Driver ) 2013 :
- There will be relaxation in age for SC / ST / OBC ( i. e. 5 years for SC / ST & 3 years for OBC ).
- The upper age limit for SSB Constable ( Driver ) upto 05 years in case the candidate is already in Government service. Government employees / servants clamming age relaxation should be in possession of a certificate in prescribed format from their office in respect of the length of continuous service which should not be less than 03 years in the immediate period preceding the date of recruitment / closing date of receipt of Sashastra Seema Bal 2013 application. They should also continue to have the status of Government servant / employees till the time of appointment, in the event of their selection. The candidate will have to produce NOC from his parent department at the time of applying for the post / recruitment in SSB. However, departmental candidates may forward their application for SSB 2013 through proper channel from their head of the offices. This concession will be admissible only where a Government employee has rendered not less than 3 ( three ) years’ Continuous service in Govt. Department.
- The SSB Constable ( Driver ) Relaxation in upper age limit of 5 years shall also be admissible to all posts for the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of J&K during the period from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989. The candidate will have to produce a certificate from the concerned District Collector to claim such relaxation in age.
- Five years of age relaxation will also be granted to the children and dependent family members o f those killed in the 1984 riots and 2002 communal riots of Gujarat Children mean (a) Son ( including adopted son ) : or (b) Daughter ( including adopted daughter ) Dependent family members mean : (a) Spouse; or (b) Children; or Brother or Sister in the case of unmarried Govt. servant who was wholly dependent on the Govt. servant at the time of his killing in the riot. The candidate will have to produce a certificate to the effect, issued by the concerned District Collector to claim relaxation in age. Children and dependent family members of those killed in the riots ( 1984 riots and 2002 communal riots of Gujarat ) will also produce a certificate from the concerned District Collector.
- The above relaxation in age as mentioned in Para 2 (B) (ii) to (iv) is in addition to relaxation of 5 years in age for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC candidates as per Government orders.
Note : Candidates claiming benefits under OBC category shall be in accordance with Castes notified in the Central List. The certificates should be in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority empowered for the purpose. No other certificate will be accepted on sufficient proof.
3. Definitions / Relaxation and Special Instructions for Ex-Servicemen
- Age : Relaxation to the extent of military service plus 3 years as provided in DOP&T Notification No.39016/10179-Rectt© dated 15.12.1979.
- Every Ex-Serviceman who has put in not less than six months continuous service in the Armed Forces of the Union, shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit by more than three years he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit. However,break in service should not be more than two years.
- Ex-Servicemen holding the higher rank may also compete in Sashastra Seema Bal recruitment for lower post provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria and also they furnish their willingness in writing that in the event of their selection they will not claim the post equivalent to the rank they were holding in the Defence Forces.
- Character certificate : Minimum requirement will be Exemplary / Very Good / Good category certificate.
- Medical Category : “A” ( Aye ) / Shape-One, at the time of discharge. They should possess to pass the same medical standards prescribed for direct recruits.
- “Ex-servicemen” means a person who has served in any rank ( whether as a combatant or as a non-combatant ) in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserve Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the paramilitary forces; and
- Who has retired from such service after earning his / her pension; this would also include persons who are released / retired at their own request but after having earned their pension or Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension or Who has been released, otherwise than on his own request, from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity, and includes personnel of the Territorial Army, of the following categories, namely :
- Pension holders for continuous embodied services;