1. Applications are invited from eligible male / female candidates for filling up the following vacancies of Group C Non Gazetted ( Combatised ), Assistant Sub Inspector ( Stenographer ) in Sashastra Seema Bal. They will be governed under SSB Act and Rules applicable to other members of the Force and other Rules applicable from time to time. On appointment they shall be entitled for the pension benefits as per the “New Restructured Defined Contributory Pension Scheme” applicable for the new entrants to the Central Government Services w.e.f. 01.01.2004. The last date of receipt of application is 30.11.2013. However the closing date for receipt of applications ( by post ) for the candidates from North – Eastern States, Sikkim, Pangi Sub – Division of Chamba, Lahaul & Spiti and Kinnaur Districts of Himachal Pradesh, Ladakh Division, Kashmir of J & K State and the Union Territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and the Lakshadweep will be 07.12.2013.
Nationality / Citizenship :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b) & (c) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
|Post||Pay Band + Grade Pay||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total|
|ASI ( Stenographer )||5200 - 20200 + GP 2800 ( PB - I )||13 + 03 ( Ex - Servicemen )||03||02||07||25 + 03 ( Ex - Servicemen ) = 28|
1. SSB Assistant Sub Inspector ( Stenographer ) Vacancies 2013 reserved for Ex-Servicemen will be filled by the candidates of open category within the respective quota if suitable candidates of Ex-Servicemen are not available.
2. The number of vacancies for SSB Assistant Sub Inspector ( Stenographer ) 2013 are subject to change without any notice and may increase or decrease depending upon the position at the time of final selection.
3. The posts are temporary but likely to be permanent.
4. The SSB Assistant Sub Inspector ( Stenographer ) recruitment will be conducted on all India basis.
5. Any candidate appointed to the said post shall be liable to serve anywhere in India or abroad and perform any work & duty assigned to him there – so.
2. Eligibility Conditions for SSB Assistant Sub Inspector ( Stenographer ) Posts are as Under :
A. Age Limit for SSB Assistant Sub Inspector ( Stenographer ) 2013 : 18 to 25 years ( As on 01.08.2013 ).
i) The crucial date to determine age will be 01.08.2013. The candidates must fulfill all eligibility conditions and should be in possession of all certificates as on 30.11.2013 i.e. the closing date of receipt of application.
ii) Candidates not in possession of requisite educational, experience certificate or appearing in the examination / awaiting result need not to apply.
SSB Assistant Sub Inspector ( Stenographer ) Age Relaxation 2013 :
a) There will be relaxation in age for SC / ST / OBC ( i.e. 5 years for SC / ST & 3 years for OBC candidates ).
b) The upper age limit for departmental candidates shall be 40 years for General and OBC candidates and 45 years for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes candidates.
c) The upper age limit up to 05 years is relaxable in case of candidates already in Govt. service. Govt. employees / servants claiming age relaxation should be in possession of certificate in prescribed format from their office in respect of the length of continuous service which should not be less than 03 years in the immediate period preceding the date of recruitment / closing date of receipt of application.
They should continue to have the status of Govt. servant / employee till the time of appointment, in the event of their selection. The candidate will have to produce NOC from his parent department at the time of applying for the post / recruitment in SSB. However, departmental candidate may forward their application through proper channel from their head of offices. The concession will be admissible only where a Govt. employee has rendered not less than 3 ( three ) years regular and continuous service in Govt. Deptt as on closing date of application.
d) The Relaxation in upper age limit of 5 years shall also be admissible for the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of J&K during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989. The candidate will have to produce a certificate from the concerned District Collector to claim such relaxation in age.
e) Five years of age relaxation will also be granted to the children and dependent family members of those killed in the 1984 riots and 2002 communal riots of Gujarat. Children mean (a) Son ( including adopted son ) : or (b) Daughter ( including adopted daughter ) Dependent family members mean : (a) Spouse; or (b) Children; or Brother or Sister in the case of unmarried Govt. servant who was wholly dependent on the Govt. servant at the time of his killing in the riot.
The candidate will have to produce a certificate to the effect, issued by the concerned District Collector to claim relaxation in age. Children and dependent family members of those killed in the riots ( 1984 riots 2002 communal riots of Gujarat ) will also produce a certificate from the concerned District Collector.
f) The above relaxation in age as mentioned in para 2 (b) to (d) is in addition to relaxation of 5 years in age for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC candidates as per Govt. orders.
Note : Candidates claiming benefits under OBC category shall be in accordance with castes notified in the Central List. The certificates should be in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority empowered for the purpose. No other certificate will be accepted as proof.
Definitions / Relaxation and Special Instructions for Ex – Servicemen
i) Relaxation to the extent of military service plus 3 years as provided in DOP & T Notification No. 39016/10179-Rectt(c) dated 15.12.1979.
ii) Every Ex-Servicemen who has put in not less than six months continuous service in the Armed Forces of the Union, shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit by more than three years he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit. However, break in service should not be more than two years.
iii) Ex-Servicemen holding the higher rank may also compete in this recruitment for lower post provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria and also they furnish their willingness in writing that in the event of their selection they will not claim the post equivalent to the rank they were holding in the Defence Forces.
iv) Character certificate : Minimum requirement will be Exemplary / Very Good / Good category certificate.
v) Medical category : “A” ( AYE ) / Shape – One, at the time of discharge. They should possess to pass the same medical standards prescribed for direct recruits.
vi) “Ex-servicemen” means a person who has served in any rank ( whether as a combatant or as a non – combatant ) in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserve Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the paramilitary forces; and
vii) Who has retired from such service after earning his / her pension; this would also include persons who are released / retired at their own request but after having earned their pension or who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension or who has been released, otherwise than on his own request, from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity, and includes personnel of the Territorial Army, of the following categories, namely :
- pension holders for continuous embodied services;
- pension with disability attributable to military service; and
- gallantry award winners