SSB Recruitment 2017 for Constable
Sashastra Seema Bal
Ministry of Home Affairs,
Directorate General, Sashastra Seema Bal,
East Block-V, R.K. Puram,
New Delhi – 110066.
Sashastra Seema Bal applications are invited from Indian citizens (male & female) for filling up the post of Constable (GD) under Sports Quota for the year 2016-17 & 2017-18 in Sashastra Seema Bal, Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs. The post is temporary, but likely to be continued. Selected candidates are liable to serve anywhere in India or outside the territory of India and will be governed by SSB Act and Rules.
2. SSB Vacancies : There are 355 Vacancies in the following Sports / Games disciplines.
- Cross Country
- Water Sports
- Weight Lifting
- Shooting (Sports)
Note : Sashastra Seema Bal vacancies are subject to change and may increase or decrease without any notice.
Pay Scale and Other Allowances :
(a) Revised Pay Scale as per 7th CPC Pay Matrix :
- Posts : Constable (General Duty) under Sports Quota
- Basic Pay in Revised Pay Matrix : Level-3 21700/- per month
3. SSB Pay Scale and Other Allowances : The above posts carry Dearness Allowance, HRA and any other allowances as admissible in SSB from time to time as per Government orders.
4. SSB Recruitment Eligibility Conditions for the Post are as Under :-
1. Name of SSB Post : CT (GD) against sports quota
2. Age : 18 to 23 years
3. Essential Educational Qualification : Matriculation or its equivalent from a recognized board.
4. Sports Qualification : Players who have participated in any International Sports events as a member of the Indian Squad for last 01 (One) year and players who have won medal(s) in any National Games / Championships recognized by Indian Olympic Association, Sports Federation of (concerned sport) for last 01 (One) year i.e. in between 01.04.2016 to 31.03.2017.
- The crucial date to determine age will be the closing date of receipt of application i.e. 30 days.
- Only Matriculation certificate or Higher Secondary School Certificate will be accepted as a proof for establishing age of the candidates.
- The candidates must fulfill all eligibility conditions and should be in possession of all certificates as on the last date of receipt of application i.e. 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement. Candidates appearing in the examination / awaiting result, not in possession of educational / sports certificates need not to apply.
- All educational and sports qualification certificate other than Central Board / State Board should be accompanied with Government notifications declaring the equivalence of such qualification for service under Central Government.
5. SSB Age Relaxation :-
(i) Age relaxation will be given to candidates of various categories as under :
- Un-Reserved : 05 years
- SC/ST : 10 Years
- OBC : 08 Years
- Candidate who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989. (UR) : 5 Years
- Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989. (OBC) : (3+5) 8 Years
- Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 (SC/ST) : (5+5) 10 Years
- *Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat ( Unreserved / General ) : 5 Years
- *Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC) : (3+5) 8 Years
- *Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (ST/SC) : (5+5) 10 Years
*Children mean (a) Son ( including adopted son ) : or (b) Daughter ( including adopted daughter ) Dependent family members mean: (a) Spouse; or (b) Children; or Brother or Sister in the case of unmarried Government servant who were wholly dependent on the Govt. servant at the time of his killing in the riot. The candidate will have to produce a certificate to the effect, issued by the concerned District Collector to claim relaxation in age.
(ii) In the case of OBC category candidates, the creamy layer status should have been obtained within three years of the closing date of receipt of application. The OBC certificate in prescribed format issued after the date of publication of this advertisement the closing date will be accepted as proof of belonging to OBC category.
(iii) Candidate who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved or seek age relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority, in the prescribed format.
(iv) The candidates seeking relaxation under SC/ST category should submit the certificate. In the event of non – enclosure of the certificate their claim for SC/ST category will not be entertained.
(v) The candidates seeking relaxation under OBC category should submit the certificate. In the event of non – enclosure of certificate, the candidate will be considered under General ( UR/General ) category, if he/she fulfills the eligibility conditions prescribed for General category. Certificate on any other format will not be accepted.
6. SSB Fee Payable and Mode of Payment : The General and OBC category candidates should pay fee of 100/- ( Rupees One hundred only ) ( Non-Refundable ) in the form of IPO / Demand Draft / Banker Cheque. IPO / Demand Draft / Banker Cheque should be prepared in favour of following :
IPO should be prepared in favour of Accounts Officer, FHQ, SSB, New Delhi payable at New Delhi.
Demand Draft / Banker Cheque should be prepared in favour of Accounts Officer, FHQ, SSB, New Delhi payable at State Bank of India, R.K. Puram, New Delhi (Branch Code-01076).
SC/ST & Female candidates are exempted from payment of examination fees.
7. How to Apply for SSB Recruitment 2017 :-
(i) Sashastra Seema Bal Application Last Date :-
- 30 days from the date of publication for the candidates residing at places other than the areas.
- 45 days for the candidates residing in North Eastern States, Sikkim, Pangi Sub Division of Chamba, Lahaul & Spiti and Kinnaur Districts of Himachal Pradesh, Leh & Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir and the Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep.
(ii) Eligible and desirous candidates should send their application form duly filled in the prescribed format addressed to :
The Assistant Director (Sports) Force Hqr.
Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB),
East Block-V, R.K.Puram,
New Delhi – 110066.
so as to reach on or before the last date of receipt of application. The envelope containing application must be superscribed in block letters as “Application for the Post of Constable (GD) Under Sports Quota 2016-17 & 2017-18”.
(iii) Candidates are required to enclose the photocopies of following documents while sending the application :-
- Self attested copy of matriculation certificate.
- Self attested copies of sports certificates / achievements.
- Two self attested recent passport size photographs, one pasted on the application form at the space provided and the other to be enclosed with the application form.
- Self attested copy of Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / OBC certificate.
- Self attested copy of community certificate issued from concerned district authorities for getting relaxation in height and chest.
- Demand Draft / IPO / Banker Cheque of 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) (Non Refundable).
- Self attested copy of certificate of Bona fide / Domicile / Permanent resident of that State from designated revenue authorities not below the rank of Tehsildar for verification of citizenship of India.
- Three Self-addressed envelopes of 11.5 cms x 27.5 cms with postage stamps worth 25/- ( Rupees twenty-five only ) to be affixed on each envelope.
8. No TA/DA will be Admissible : No TA/DA or other expenses for appearing in the recruitment test will be paid to the candidates. The candidates should come duly prepared for a stay of at least one week under their own arrangement at the recruitment venue. Unemployed SC/ST candidates who appear in recruitment test will be reimbursed fare as admissible under relevant rules subject to production of Rail/Bus tickets, original caste certificate & non-employment certificate issued by MP or MLA or any Gazetted Officer of their locality.
9. Sashastra Seema Bal Selection Process : The bio-metric examination, photograph and signature of the candidates who report with Admit Card at the recruitment venue will be taken which shall be followed by conduct of different stages of recruitment process as under :
I) Documentation : All candidates will have to go through documentation, in which candidates will have to produce all original documents/certificates pertaining to age, education, caste, sports activities ( National / International ), proof to avail age relaxation etc., the details are given in the application form to Recruitment Board, failing which the candidate will be disqualified.
III) Physical Standard Test (PST) :- All candidates who qualify documentation will have to undergo Physical Standard Test (PST).
|Sl.No.||States / UTs / Regions||Min. height in Cms||Chest in Cms|
|1||For all candidates except Schedule Tribe candidates||Male||170||Minimum-80
|2||For the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogra, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir||Male||165||Minimum-78
|3||Schedule Tribe candidates hailing from North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and Left Wing Extremism affected districts||Male||160||Minimum-76
|4||Candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe of all States / UTs||Male||162.5||Minimum-76
|Female ||150||Not applicable|
|5||Candidates hailing from North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and candidates hailing from Gorkha territorial Administration comprising of the three Sub-Divisions of Darjeeling District namely Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Kurseong and includes the following ‘Mouzas’ Sub-Division of these Districts :||Male||162.5||Minimum-77
Note : Candidates seeking relaxation in height and chest will require to submit the certificate regarding their community from concerned District Authorities. In the event of non-enclosure of the certificate their claim for relaxation in height and chest will not be entertained.
(a) Weight :- Weight of the candidate should be proportionate to height and age. Weight will not be disqualification at the time of PST. However, the overweight / underweight candidates will be disqualified at the time of Detailed Medical Examination based on weight and age on the day of Detailed Medical Examination and the height as measured during Physical Standard Test.
Female Average Body Weights in Kilograms for Different Age Groups and Heights
|Height in Cms||Age in Years|
Male Average Body Weights in Kilograms for Different Age Groups and Heights
|Height in Cms||Age in Years|
- The body weights given in the chart are corresponding to only certain height (in cms) on even numbers only. In respect of heights in between, the principle of ‘Average’ will be utilized for calculating body weights.
- In doubtful cases of overweight, the assessment is to be made on the basis of BMI.
- Appeal against Physical Standard Test (PST) : Candidates declared disqualified in Physical Standard Test can prefer an appeal to the appellate authority for re-measurement of Height and Chest only. The appeals of the candidates shall be disposed off on the same day by the appellate authority.
- Candidates who intend to avail relaxation in height and chest measurements will have to submit certificate regarding his/her community.
IV) SSB Detailed Medical Examination : The candidates who qualify in the Physical Standard Test will be put through for Detailed Medical Examination.
The Medical Standards is as under :-
(a) Eye Sight – Visual standards is as under :
|Visual Acuity Unaided|
( Near Vision )
|Uncorrected Visual Acuity ( Distant Vision )||Refraction||Color Vision||Remarks|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses||CP III BY ISIHARA||Binocular vision is required.|
(b) The candidates must not have knock-knee, flat foot, varicose veins, squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision. The candidates will be tested for colour vision by ISIHARA’s test as well as Edrich-Green Lantern test.
(c) Must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of their duties.
(d) Criteria to determine permissibility of tattoo : The practice of engraving / tattooing in India is prevalent since time immemorial, but has been limited to depict the name or a religious figure, invariably on inner aspect of forearm and usually on left side. One the other hand the present young generation is considerably under the influence of western culture and thus the number of potential recruits bearing skin art had grown enormously over the year, which is not only distasteful but distract from good order and discipline in the force.
- Content : Being a secular country, the religious sentiments of our countrymen are to be respected and thus tattoos depicting religious symbol or figure and the name, as followed in India army, are to be permitted.
- Location : Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm, but only LEFT forearm, being non saluting limb or dorsum of the hands are to be allowed.
- Size : Size must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
Note : The candidates will be examined as per the Revised Medical Guidelines May, 2015 issued by ADG (Medical) CAPFs & AR.
(V) Appeal Against Findings of Detailed Medical Examination :-
If a candidate is declared unfit in the detailed medical examination, the grounds for rejection will be communicated to him/her by the Chairman. If the rejected candidate is not satisfied with the findings of the Medical Officer, he/she will obtain Form-1, 2 & 3 from the Chairman Recruitment Board concerned to prefer an appeal for Review Medical Examination within 15 days from the date of issue of communication in which the findings of the Medical Officers is communicated to him/her.
The appeal should necessarily contain the following :
- Review Medical Examination fee of 25/- (Rupees Twenty Five only) non-refundable, through a Demand Draft payable in favour of concerned authority to be intimated by Chairman Recruitment Board.
- Appeal Forms-1, 2 & 3 issued by the initial Medical Board declaring the candidate as Unfit,
- One self addressed envelope with 25/- (Rupees Twenty Five) only postage stamp duly affixed on it. Fitness certificate other than Form-3 (provided by the Chairman of Recruitment Board to the Candidate) will not be considered for Review Medical Examination and appeal will be rejected straightway. The fitness certificate on form-3 is essential to consider his/her case for review medical examination and not for any other purpose.
Those candidates whose appeals are found in order will be issued call letters to appear for Review Medical Examination and their list will also be uploaded in the SSB website i.e. www.ssbrectt.gov.in.
The decision of the Review Medical Examination Board will be final and no 2nd appeal will be entertained as per instructions of the Government and no reply of the correspondence / 2nd appeal will be given / entertained.
- It should, however, be clearly understood that the Selection Board reserves absolute discretion to reject or accept any candidate after considering the report of the medical board.
- Being declared FIT in Medical Examination will in no way give any legal claim or right to any candidate for final appointment in Government service.
(VI) Sashastra Seema Bal Final Selection :- “Players who have participated in any International Sports event as a member of the Indian Squad during last 01 (One) year and players who have won medal(s) in any National Games / Championships recognized by Indian Olympic Association, Sports Federation (of concerned sport) for last 01 year, subject to fulfilling eligibility criteria will be exempted from Field trials”. Final selection will be done on the basis of achievements.
It is hereby emphasized that the candidates who are found medically fit, may not be considered for final selection since the cut off marks will be determined based on number of vacancies after completion of whole recruitment process.
10. Order of Preference :
The selection of sportspersons who fulfill the eligibility criteria shall be considered in the following order of preference :-
- First Preference : Candidates who have represented the country in an International Competition with the clearance of the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Second Preference : Candidates who have represented and won medals or positions up to 3rd place in the Senior or Junior level National Championship organized by the recognized National Sports Federations or National Games organized by Indian Olympics Association. Between the Senior and Junior levels, candidates who have won the medal in Senior National Championship.
Note :- In the event of a tie those who have secured a higher position or won more than one medal.
11. Sashastra Seema Bal General Instructions :-
- Only eligible candidates may apply in the prescribed proforma. Candidates should minutely go through all the provisions in the notification to ensure that he/she is eligible for the post for which he/she is applying.
- Candidates should bring all original documents i.e. matriculation pass certificate, sports achievements certificates etc. alongwith self attested Photostat copies of the same at the time of documentation, failing which candidates will be rejected in the documentation stage of recruitment.
- Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name & Date of Birth should be mentioned exactly as recorded in Matriculation certificate. In case of change the same must be supported by necessary documents otherwise the candidature will be rejected.
- The application form must be filled carefully and signed by the candidate in his/her own handwriting. Correction, if any, should be legible and attested by the candidate.
- SSB will not be responsible for postal delays.
- Persons employed in Government / Semi Government / Public Sector Undertakings should apply through proper channel. No objection certificate from their employer will be required to be submitted at the time of documentation.
- Falsification of documents to mislead the Recruitment board or to gain access to examination would lead to criminal / debar action against the candidate, besides cancellation of his/her candidature.
- The Government / SSB shall not be responsible for damage / injury / death / loss to the individual, if any, sustained during the entire recruitment process / journey.
- The Director General, SSB has full right to make changes/cancel/postpone the recruitment without assigning any reason.
- Candidates canvassing in any form / bringing outside influence / pressure / offering illegal gratification / blackmailing / threatening to blackmail any person connected with recruitment will be disqualified.
- It should, however, be clearly understood that the Recruitment Board reserves to itself, absolute discretion to reject or accept any candidate at any stage.
- Mere qualifying all the prescribed tests in SSB recruitment does not confer the right to any candidate for selection.
- Change in category will not be entertained in future and the candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled.
- Candidates who are not in possession of certificate of minimum education qualification by closing date of receipt of applications i.e. 30 (thirty) days.
- The candidates will not be considered for recruitment if involved / convicted / arrested in any criminal case under IPC or any other Act of the Central Government or State Government.
- West Pakistani Refugees settled in J&K are exempted from producing domicile certificate, they will produce certificate issued by the village Sarpanch / Numbardar along with copy of the Electoral Roll showing the name of the candidate in voter list for election to the Parliamentary Constituency.
- State of Assam is not issuing Domicile Certificate/PRC, candidates belonging to the state of Assam are not required to submit the same. However, their selection will be subject to verification of residential status from the concerned District Authorities.
- The selection committee will not enter into any correspondence with the candidate except in the case of change of address sought by a candidate.
- Any amendment in the schedule / condition / process of recruitment will be available in SSB website www.ssbrectt.gov.in only. Candidates are advised to log on to this site regularly.
- Sashastra Seema Bal is also available on SSB website. The format of the application may be downloaded from SSB website www.ssbrectt.gov.in.
- In case a candidate is found ineligible or suppresses facts on any ground after his/her selection / appointment, his/her services will be terminated without assigning any reason.
- The candidates provisionally selected for the above posts should qualify the training or courses as prescribed by the Director General, Sashastra Seema Bal from time to time during probation period failing which services are liable to be terminated.
- The performance of sports persons will be periodically reviewed by Sports Directorate. If a sportsperson fails to give the desired result in respective discipline of sports, he/she will be phased out from SSB sports team and merged with GD cadre.
- Any sportsperson, if found using banned Drugs at any point of time would be liable to disciplinary action as per Rules / regulations circulated by NADA from time to time and as per SSB Act and Rules.