SSB Recruitment 2016 for Constable
Sashastra Seema Bal
East Block-V, R.K. Puram,
New Delhi – 110066.
Sashastra Seema Bal applications are invited from Indian citizens ( male & female ) for filling up the post of Constable (GD) for the year 2015-16 against Sports Quota in Sashastra Seema Bal, Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs.
The posts are temporary, but likely to be continued. Selected candidates are liable to serve anywhere in India or outside the territory of India and will be governed by SSB Act and Rules.
2. SSB Vacancies : There are 375 vacancies in the following Sports / Games disciplines.
- Cross Country
- Weight Lifting
- Water Sports
- Shooting (Sports)
Sashastra Seema Bal vacancies are subject to change and may increase or decrease without any prior notice.
3. SSB Pay Scale and Other Allowances : The above post carry pay in Pay Band-I 5200-20200 + Grade Pay 2000/-, Dearness Allowances, Ration Money, Washing Allowances, Special Compensatory Allowance while posted in specified border area, free uniform, free accommodation or HRA, Transport Allowances, Free leave pass and any other allowance as admissible in SSB from time to time under the Rules.
4. SSB Recruitment Eligibility Conditions for the Post are as Under :-
1. Name of SSB Post : CT (GD) against sports quota
2. Age : 18 to 23 years
3. Essential Educational Qualification : Matriculation or its equivalent from a recognized board.
4. Sports Qualification :
- Sportsperson who have represented a State or the Country in a National or International competition in any of the games / sports mentioned in the list at Para–02 or
- Sportsperson who have represented the University in the Inter University Tournaments conducted by the Inter-University Sports Board in any of the sports/games mentioned in the list at Para – 02 or
- Sportsperson who have represented the State School Teams in the National Sports / Games for Schools conducted by All India School Games Federation in any of the games / sports mentioned in the list at Para – 02 or
- Sports persons who have been awarded national Awards in Physical Efficiency under the National Physical Efficiency Drive.
- The crucial date to determine age will be the closing date of receipt of application i.e. 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News.
- Only Matriculation certificate or Higher Secondary School Certificate will be accepted as a proof for establishing age of the candidates.
- The candidates must fulfill all eligibility conditions and should be in possession of all certificates as on the last date of receipt of application i.e. 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News. Candidates appearing in the examination / awaiting result, not in possession of educational/ sports certificates need not apply.
- All educational and sports qualification certificate other than Central Board / State Board should be accompanied with Government notifications declaring the equivalence of such qualification for service under Central Government.
5. SSB Age Relaxation :-
(i) Age relaxation will be given to candidates of various categories as under :-
- SC/ST : 5 Years
- OBC : 3 Years
- Candidate who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989. ( Unreserved / General ) : 5 Years
- Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989. (OBC) : (3+5) 8 Years
- Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989 (SC/ST) : (5+5) 10 Years
- *Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat ( Unreserved / General ) : 5 Years
- *Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC) : (3+5) 8 Years
- *Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (ST/SC) : (5+5) 10 Years
*Children mean (a) Son ( including adopted son ) : or (b) Daughter ( including adopted daughter ) Dependent family members mean : (a) Spouse; or (b) Children; or Brother or Sister in the case of unmarried Government servant who were wholly dependent on the Government servant at the time of his killing in the riot. The candidate will have to produce a certificate to the effect, issued by the concerned District Collector to claim relaxation in age.
(ii) In the case of OBC category candidates, the creamy layer status should have been obtained within three years of the closing date of receipt of application as mentioned at para-7(i)(a). The OBC certificate in prescribed format issued after the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News and before the closing date as mentioned at para-7(i)(a) will be accepted as proof of belonging to OBC category.
(iii) Candidate who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved or seek age relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority, in the prescribed format given in the advertisement.
(iv) The candidates seeking relaxation under SC/ST category should submit the certificate. In the event of non-enclosure of the certificate their claim for SC/ST category will not be entertained.
(v) The candidates seeking relaxation under OBC category should submit the certificate. In the event of non-enclosure of certificate, the candidate will be considered under General (UR/General) category, if he/she fulfills the eligibility conditions prescribed for General category. Certificate on any other format will not be accepted.
6. SSB Fee Payable and Mode of Payment : The General and OBC category candidates should pay examination fee of 50/- ( Rupees fifty only ) ( Non Refundable ) in the form of IPO / Demand Draft / Banker Cheque. IPO / Demand Draft / Banker Cheque should be prepared in favour of following :-
IPO should be prepared in favour of Accounts Officer, FHQ, SSB, New Delhi payable at New Delhi.
Demand Draft / Banker Cheque should be prepared in favour of Accounts Officer, FHQ, SSB, New Delhi payable at State Bank of India, R.K. Puram, New Delhi (Branch Code-01076).
SC/ST & Female candidates are exempted from payment of examination fees.
7. How to Apply for SSB Recruitment 2016 :-
(i) Sashastra Seema Bal Application Last Date :-
- 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News ( 2 – 8 April 2016 ) for the candidates residing at places.
- 45 days for the candidates residing in North Eastern States, Sikkim, Pangi Sub Division of Chamba, Lahaul & Spiti and Kinnaur Districts of Himachal Pradesh, Leh & Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir and the Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep.
(ii) Eligible and desirous candidates should send their application form duly filled in on the prescribed format addressed to the Assistant Director (Sports) Force Hqr. Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), East Block-V, R.K.Puram, New Delhi–110066 so as to reach on or before the last date of receipt of application. The cover containing application must be superscribed in block letters as “Application for the Post of Constable (GD) Under Sportsquota 2015-16”.
(iii) Candidates are required to enclose the photocopies of following documents while sending the application :-
- Self attested copy of matriculation certificate.
- Self attested copies of sports certificates / achievements.
- Two self attested recent passport size photographs, one pasted on the application form at the space provided and the other to be enclosed with the application form.
- Self attested copy of Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / OBC certificate.
- Demand Draft / IPO / Banker Cheque of 50/- ( Rupees fifty only ) ( Non Refundable ).
- Self attested copy of certificate of Bonafide / Domicile / Permanent resident of that State from designated revenue authorities not below the rank of Tehsildar for verification of citizenship of India.
- Two Self-addressed envelopes of 11.5 cms x 27.5 cms with postage stamps worth 25/- ( Rupees twenty five only ) to be affixed on each envelope.
8. No TA/DA will be Admissible :- No TA/DA or other expenses for appearing in the recruitment test will be paid to the candidates. The candidates should come duly prepared for a stay of at least one week under their own arrangement at the recruitment venue. Unemployed SC/ST candidates who appear in recruitment test will be reimbursed fare as admissible under relevant rules subject to production of Rail/Bus tickets, original caste certificate & non-employment certificate issued by MP or MLA or any Gazetted Officer of their locality.
9. Sashastra Seema Bal Selection Process :- The bio-metric examination, photograph and signature of the candidates who report with Admit Card at the recruitment venue will be taken which shall be followed by conduct of different stages of recruitment process as under :-
I) Documentation :- All candidates will have to go through documentation, in which candidates will have to produce all original documents / certificates pertaining to age, education, caste, sports activities ( State / National / International ), proof to avail age relaxation etc., the details of whose are given in the application form to Recruitment Board, failing which the candidate will be disqualified.
II) Field Trial / Skill Test :- Candidates who qualify in documentation will have to undergo Field Trial / Skill test. The Field Trial / Skill Test will be of 70 marks. The minimum qualifying marks for all candidates including SC/ST/OBC category candidates will be 60 %. Final selection will be based on the performance given by the candidate in Field Trial/ Skill Test plus marks of order of merit.
III) Physical Standard Test (PST) :- All candidates who qualify Field Trial / Skill Test will have to undergo Physical Standard Test (PST).
|Sl.No.||States / UTs / Regions||Min. height in Cms||Chest in Cms|
|1||For all candidates except Schedule Tribe candidates||Male||170||Minimum-80
|2||For the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogra, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir||Male||165||Minimum-78
|3||Schedule Tribe candidates hailing from North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and Left Wing Extremism affected districts||Male||160||Minimum-76
|4||Candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe of all States / UTs||Male||162.5||Minimum-76
|Female ||150||Not applicable|
|5||Candidates hailing from North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and candidates hailing from Gorkha territorial Administration comprising of the three Sub-Divisions of Darjeeling District namely Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Kurseong and includes the following ‘Mouzas’ Sub-Division of these Districts :-|
(1)Lohagarh Tea Garden (2) Lohagarh Forest (3) Rangmohan (4) Barachenga (5)Panighata (6) Chota Adalpur (7) Paharu (8) Sukna Forest (9) Sukna Par-I (10)Pantapati Forest-I (11) Mahanadi Forest (12) Champasari Forest (13) Salbari Chhatpart-II (14) Sitong Forest (15) Sivoke Hill Forest (16) Sivoke Forest (17) Chhota Chenga (18) Nipania
(a) Weight :- Weight of the candidate should be proportionate to height and age as per detail given below. Weight will not be disqualification at the time of PST. However, the overweight / underweight candidates will be disqualified at the time of Final Medical Examination based on weight and age on the day of Final Medical Examination and the height as measured during Physical Standard Test.
Female Average Body Weights in Kilograms for Different Age Groups and Heights
|Height in Cms||Age in Years|
Male Average Body Weights in Kilograms For Different Age Groups and Heights
|Height in Cms||Age in Years|
- The body weights given in the chart are corresponding to only certain height (in cms) on even numbers only. In respect of heights in between, the principle of ‘Average’ will be utilized for calculating body weights.
- In doubtful cases of overweight, the assessment in to be made on the basis of BMI.
- Appeal against Physical Standard Test (PST) :- Candidates declared disqualified in Physical Standard Test can prefer an appeal to the appellate authority for re-measurement of Height and Chest only. The appeals of the candidates shall be disposed off on the same day.
- Candidates who intend to avail relaxation in height and chest measurements will have to submit certificate.
IV) SSB Detailed Medical Examination :- The candidate who qualify in the Physical Standard Test will be put through for Detailed Medical Examination.
The Medical Standards is as under :-
(a) Eye Sight – Visual standards is as under :
|Visual Acuity Unaided|
( Near Vision )
|Uncorrected Visual Acuity ( Distant Vision )||Refraction||Color Vision||Remarks|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses||CP III BY ISIHARA||Binocular vision is required.|
(b) The candidates must not have knock-knee, flat foot, varicose veins, squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision.
(c) Must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of their duties.
(d) Candidate having prominent permanent Tattoo except for small engraving of religious symbol or figure and the name on the inner face of the left forearm or dorsum of the hands ( as followed in Indian army ) shall be debarred for recruitment.
Note : The candidates will be examined as per the Revised Medical Guidelines May, 2015 issued by MHA.
(V) Appeal Against Findings of Detailed Medical Examination :-
If a candidate is declared unfit in the detailed medical examination, the grounds for rejection will be communicated to him/her by the Chairman. If the rejected candidate is not satisfied with the findings of the Medical Officer, he/she will obtain Form-1, 2 & 3 from the Chairman Recruitment Board concerned to prefer an appeal for Review Medical Examination within 15 days from the date of issue of communication in which the findings of the Medical Officers is communicated to him/her.
The appeal should necessarily contain the following :
- Review Medical Examination fee of 25/- ( Rupees Twenty Five only ) non-refundable, through a Demand Draft payable in favour of concerned authority to be intimated by Chairman Recruitment Board.
- Appeal Forms-1, 2 & 3 issued by the initial Medical Board declaring the candidate as Unfit,
- One self addressed envelope with 25/- ( Rupees Twenty Five ) only postage stamp duly affixed on it. Fitness certificate other than Form-3 ( provided by the Chairman of Recruitment Board to the Candidate ) will not be considered for Review Medical Examination and appeal will be rejected straightway. The fitness certificate on form-3 is essential to consider his/her case for review medical examination and not for any other purpose.
Those candidates whose appeals are found in order will be issued call letters to appear for Review Medical Examination and their list will also be uploaded in the SSB website i.e. www.ssbrectt.gov.in.
The decision of the Review Medical Examination Board will be final and no 2nd appeal will be entertained as per instructions of the Government and no reply of the correspondence / 2nd appeal will be given / entertained.
- It should, however, be clearly understood that the Selection Board reserves absolute discretion to reject or accept any candidate after considering the report of the medical board.
- Being declared FIT in Medical Examination will in no way give any legal claim or right to any candidate for final appointment in Government service.
(VI) Sashastra Seema Bal Final Selection :- The final selection will be based on the marks obtained by the candidate discipline wise in Field Trial / Skill Test plus marks of order of merit. It is hereby emphasized that the candidates who merely secure the qualifying marks and found medically fit, may not be considered for final selection since the cut off marks will be determined based on number of vacancies after completion of whole recruitment process.
10. Order of Preference :
The selection of sports persons who fulfill the eligibility criteria shall be considered in the following order of preference :-
- First Preference : Candidates who have represented the country in an International Competition with the clearance of the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Second Preference : Candidates who have represented and won medals or positions up to 3rd place in the senior or junior level National Championship organized by the recognized National Sports Federations or National Games organized by Indian Olympics Association. Between the senior and junior levels, candidates who have won the medal in Senior National Championship.
- Third Preference : Candidates who have represented a University in an Inter-University competition conducted by Association of Indian Universities / Inter-University Sports Board and have won medals or positions up to 3rd place in finals.
- Fourth Preference : Candidates who have represented the State Schools in the National Sports / Games for schools conducted by the All India Schools Federation and have won medals or positions up to 3rd place.
- Fifth Preference : Candidates who have been awarded National Award in physical efficiency under National Physical Efficiency Drive.
- Sixth Preference : Candidates who have represented a State / Union Territory / University / State School Teams at the levels (ii) to (iv) above but could not win a medal or position, in the same order of preference.
Note :- In the event of a tie those who have secured a higher position or won more than one medal will be given the preference.
11. Sashastra Seema Bal General Instructions :-
- Only eligible candidates may apply in the prescribed proforma. Candidates should minutely go through all the provisions in the notification to ensure that he/she is eligible for the post for which he/she is applying.
- Candidates should bring all original documents i.e. matriculation pass certificate, sports etc. alongwith self attested Photostat copies of the same at the time of documentation, failing which candidates will be rejected in the documentation stage of recruitment.
- Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name & Date of Birth should be exactly as mentioned in the Matriculation certificate. In case of change the same must be supported by necessary documents otherwise the candidature will be rejected.
- The application form must be filled in English/Hindi only and signed by the candidate in his/her own handwriting. Correction, if any, should be legible and attested by the candidate.
- SSB will not be responsible for postal delays.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi Government / Public Sector Undertakings should apply through proper channel. No objection certificate from their employer will be required to be submitted at the time of documentation.
- Falsification of documents to mislead the Recruitment board or to gain access to examination would lead to criminal/debar action against the candidate, besides cancellation of his/her candidature.
- No separate admit cards/call letters will be issued to the qualified candidates for Final Medical Examination. The list of qualified candidates called for above test will be displayed on the notice board at the Recruitment venue and SSB website.
- The Government / SSB shall not be responsible for damage / injury / death / loss to the individual, if any, sustained during the entire recruitment process / journey.
- The Director General, SSB has full right to make changes / cancel / postpone the recruitment without assigning any reason.
- Candidates canvassing in any form / bringing outside influence / pressure / offering illegal gratification / blackmailing / threatening to blackmail any person connected with recruitment will be disqualified.
- It should, however, be clearly understood that the Recruitment Board reserves to itself, absolute discretion to reject or accept any candidate at any stage.
- Mere qualifying all the prescribed tests in SSB recruitment does not confer the right to any candidate for selection.
- Change in category will not be entertained in future and the candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled.
- Candidates who are not in possession of certificate of minimum education qualification by closing date of receipt of applications i.e. 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News need not apply.
- The candidates will not be considered for recruitment if involved / convicted / arrested in any criminal case under IPC or any other Act of the Central Government or State Government.
- West Pakistani Refugees settled in J&K are exempted from producing domicile certificate, they will produce certificate issued by the village Sarpanch/ Numbardar along with copy of the Electoral Roll showing the name of the candidate in voter list for election to the Parliamentary Constituency.
- State of Assam is not issuing Domicile Certificate / PRC, candidates belonging to the state of Assam are not required to submit the same. However, their selection will be subject to verification of residential status from the concerned District Authorities.
- The selection committee will not enter into any correspondence with the candidate except in the case of change of address sought by a candidate.
- Any amendment in the schedule/condition/process of recruitment will be available in SSB website www.ssbrectt.gov.in only. Candidates are advised to log on to this site regularly.
- The advertisement is also available on SSB website. The format of the application may be downloaded from SSB website www.ssbrectt.gov.in
- In case a candidate is found ineligible or suppresses facts on any ground after his/her selection / appointment, his/her services will be terminated without assigning any reason.
- The candidates provisionally selected for the above posts should qualify the training or courses as prescribed by the Director General, Sashastra Seema Bal from time to time during probation period failing which services are liable to be terminated.
- The performance of sports persons will be periodically reviewed by Sports Directorate. If a sportsperson fails to give the desired result in respective discipline of sports, he/she will be phased out from SSB sports team and merged with GD cadre.
- Any sportsperson, if found using banned Drugs at any point of time would be liable to disciplinary action as per Rules / regulations circulated by NADA from time to time and as per SSB Act and Rules.