Sashastra Seema Bal LDC Exam 2016 for Assistant Commandant ( GD )
Government of India
Ministry of Home Affairs,
Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force,
Block – 10, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003.
Selection for the post of Assistant Commandant ( GD ) in CAPFs through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination 2015 – 16.
1. Applications are invited from serving male / female Sub-Inspectors / GD and Inspectors ( GD ) for the post of Assistant Commandant ( GD ) in the Sashastra Seema Bal, Central Reserve Police Force, Border Security Force and Indo-Tibetan Border Police through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination ( LDCE ) as per Recruitment Rules of respective Forces and SOP of MHA. The posts are temporary but likely to become permanent in accordance with the guidelines of the Government.
2. SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Vacancies 2016
|S.No.||Name of Force||No. of Vacancies||Total|
Note : SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Vacancies 2016 mentioned above are subject to change ( May increase or decrease at any stage ).
3. SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Pay Scale 2016
PB – 3 ( 15600 – 39100 ) & Grade Pay 5400/- plus allowances like DA, HRA, CCA, and other allowances as admissible under Rules.
4. SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Eligibility Conditions 2016
- Age Limit for SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant 2016 : The upper age limit for appearing in the LDCE 2015 – 2016 will be 35 ( Thirty Five ) years as on 1st August 2015.
- SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Educational Qualification 2016 :Graduate from a recognized University as applicable to Assistant Commandant ( Direct Entry ).Note : The eligibility for AC ( GD ) through LDCE will be as per the RRs of the respective Forces and SOP of MHA dated 01.07.2014.
5. SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Age Relaxation 2016
Relaxable by five years for SC / ST candidates only.
6. SSB Assistant Commandant Service :
The candidate should have completed four years of regular service as on 1st January 2015 in the rank of Sub. Inspector ( GD ) / Inspector ( GD ) including period of training and should have clean record of service as prescribed by respective CAPFs.
7. SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Physical Standards 2016 :
As applicable to SSB Assistant Commandant ( Direct Entry ) which are as under and candidates who qualify in paper I and II ( written examination ) will only be called for PST :
|1.||Height ( Minimum in cms )||165 cms||157 cms|
|2.||Chest ( Minimum in cms )|
|3.||Weight in Kgs||50 kgs||46 kgs|
|Moreover, the weight should be as per the height and age.|
8. SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Medical Standards 2016 :
- The candidates must be Medical Category Shape – I ( One ).
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, squint eyes and should possess high colour vision. The candidates will be tested for colour vision by Ishihara’s test. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect, which may interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
- It should, however, be clearly understood that the Government of India reserves to itself, absolute discretion to reject or accept any candidate after considering the report of the Medical Board.
9. Number of Chances :
A total of 03 ( three ) changes will be given for appearing in LDCE. The willing & eligible candidates will submit application. No TA / DA journey expenses are allowed for attending the test. The period of the test will be treated as on leave for the candidates appearing in the test, which would be sanctioned by the leave sanctioning authority.
10. SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Selection Procedure 2016 :
The SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant selection process 2016 will be as under :
SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Written Examination 2016 :
SSB AC LDC Written exam will be held on 28th August, 2016.
There will be three papers in written test as per details given below. Admission for the written examination will be purely on production of call letter issued to the eligible candidates by the Nodal Agency and Force identity Card of the candidates. Since SSB Assistant Commandant examination 2016 is purely for CAPFs personnel, all candidates shall be in proper uniform.
- Paper I ( Intelligence Test and General Knowledge )( Time 2 hours – 100 Marks & 100 Questions )This will include General Awareness, General Intelligence, Reasoning, Numerical Ability, Current Events, Matters of every day observation and experience. This paper would be objective type ( Multiple choice questions in English and Hindi ).
- Paper II ( Professional Skill )( Time 2 hours – 100 Marks & 100 Questions )This will be designed to test professional skills of the candidate in relation to operational and administrative requirement of the Force of which he / she is a member. This paper would also be objective type ( Multiple choice questions in English or Hindi ).
- Paper III ( Essay, Precis Writing and Comprehension )( Time 2 hours – 100 Marks )The medium of writing of essay may be opted by the candidate as Hindi or English. However, medium of writing precis and comprehension will be English only.Note 1 : Qualifying marks will be 45% in each paper and 50% in aggregate. However, qualifying marks for SC / ST candidates will be 40% in each paper and 45% in aggregate.
Note 2 : The result of paper I & II will be announced with in 02 working days & candidates qualified will be called for PST & PET. The result of Paper III will be announced after conducting PST / PET.
Physical Standard Test ( PST ) & Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) :
The candidates who qualify in paper I & II ( written examination ) will only be called for Physical Standard Test & Physical Efficiency Test by the Nodal Agency at Training Centre of any CAPFs by comprising a Board of Officers by the Nodal Agancy. Physical Standard Test ( PST ) and Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) will be qualifying in nature but failure in any one event of this test will amount to disqualification. Physical Efficiency Test shall comprise the following items.
- Male Candidate :
- 100 meters race to be completed in 16 seconds.
- 800 meters race to be completed in 03 minutes 45 seconds.
- Long Jump 3.50 meters ( three chances will be given ).
- Shot Put ( 7.26 kgs ) 4.50 meters. ( three chances will be given ).
- Female Candidates :
- 100 meters race to be completed in 18 seconds.
- 800 meters race to be completed in 04 minutes, 45 seconds.
- Long Jump 3.00 meters ( three chances will be given ).
PST / PET Test will be only qualifying and will not carry any marks.
SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Interview and Personality Test 2016 :
Candidates who qualify in the written examination and secure required aggregate percentage of marks in written examination i.e Paper I, II, & III as well as qualify Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test would be called for interview by the Nodal Agency. The Interview will carry 100 marks and the break up of interview will be as under :
|S.No.||Tests / Events||Maximum Marks|
|01||Physical Make up||10 Marks|
|02||General Intelligence aptitude, interest and professional skill||30 Marks|
|03||Behavioral aspects and Psychological||30 Marks|
|04||Any conspicuous achievements ( Gallantry / life saving medals / DM & Fire medal ) during service||05 Marks|
|05||International / National Sports / All India Police games ( Achievements during service )||05 Marks|
|06||Overall assessment||20 Marks|
Note : In the Interview, there are no minimum qualifying marks but attendance is mandatory.
11. SSB CISF Assistant Commandant Medical Examination 2016 :
The candidates who qualify the written examination, PST / PET and appear in Interview process for the post of AC / LDCE in CAPFs shall be shortlisted for undergoing medical examination to be conducted by the duly constituted Medical Board of concerned CAPFs. There would also be a provision for Right to Appeal as per the existing guidelines.
12. Merit List :
On completion of above process, CAPFs shall forward the list of “Medically Fit” candidates to Nodal Agency for preparing final merit list of the candidates separately for each Force category-wise on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in written examination and interview. The list of finally selected candidates ( Force-wise ) would be sent to respective CAPFs Directorates General by the Nodal Agency for issue of Offer of Appointment.
Tie Principle :
In case two or more candidates have secured equal marks, the tie(s) will be resolved in accordance with the following principles :
- If the marks in aggregate are equal, the candidate getting more marks in Written Total will be ranked higher.
- If the marks in Written Total are equal, the candidate getting more marks in Paper I and Paper II ) will be ranked higher.
- If the marks in Paper I and Paper II are also equal, the candidate Senior in age will be ranked higher.
13. SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Training 2016 :
The selected candidates shall undergo training at the training centre of respective Forces and they will remain on probation for a period of two years as per recruitment rules for the post of Assistant Commandant ( GD ).
14. Submission of SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Application 2016
- The Directorate Generals of all the CAPFs will circulate the advertisement, SOP and their respective instructions down to the Field Formations for obtaining the applications from eligible aspirants.
- The application will be sent by the candidates through their respective Dte. General. The applications received will be serially entered in a register in the chronological order of receipt by respective CAPFs. The screening of applications will be carried out by the concerned CAPF Directorates strictly as per the eligibility conditions. Applications should be supported by proof of the Date of Birth, Educational Qualification, Caste / Tribal Certificate issued by the Competent Authorities, Service Certificate of completing four years clean service after verification / checking of service records, ACRs and Disciplinary / Vigilance clearance Certificate / SHAPE I Medical Category. The applications received after due date fixed for receiving or those found incomplete in any manner will be rejected, duly recording the reasons for rejection in the register against the name of the applicant. No direct correspondence by the candidates, in this regard will be made with the Nodal Agency. The Directorate of each Force shall further send the list of eligible candidates along with their Admit cards and one Self addressed stamped envelope of 25/- of the candidates to the Nodal Agency for allotment of roll numbers and dispatch of admit cards.
- The candidates of all the CAPFs shall apply in the prescribed format attached as Appendix ‘A’ with SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Notification 2016 and their applications duly complete in all respect should reach their concerned Directorate General by 23.06.2016. The concerned Directorate General of all CAPFs shall accordingly collect applications from eligible, willing candidates of their Organisation, consolidate them and constitute a Board of Officers to scrutinize the applications as per checklist ( specimen copy enclosed ) and forward the list of eligible candidates along with their Admit Cards to Commandant ( Recruitment ), Directorate General, BSF, Block No. 10, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003 on or before 11.07.2016. Board proceedings along with Individual – wise Recruitment Dossier, containing all the papers including ACRs / APArs and NOC duly tagged should be prepared and retained by concerned CAPFs. Applications received after 23.06.2016 will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Applications, which are not in prescribed proforma or not accompanied by the specified enclosures or incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstance.
- Candidates are not required to submit any original certificates in support of their claims regarding educational qualifications and other relevant certificates and will submit only self attested and attested true copies as mentioned at para 12(v) with their application. If on verification at any later stage, it is found that any candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; his / her candidature shall be liable for rejection.
- The applications of the eligible and received through proper channel will be assigned roll numbers by the Nodal Agency i.e Commandant ( Recruitment ), Directorate General, BSF, Block 10, CGO Complex Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003. They will be communicated through call letters to appearing in written test.
- Admission card for the written examination indicating time-table for the examination as also venue of the examination will be issued to each candidate by Nodal agency through respective CAPFs HQr. If any candidate does not receive intimation, he / she may contact concerned CAPFs Hqrs and no personal enquiry will be accepted by the Nodal Agency.
- Any change / notice in recruitment process will only be uploaded on BSF Recruitment website i.e. www.bsf.nic.in. Hence candidates in their own interest are advised to visit BSF website for latest updates of this recruitment under menu -> Recruitment -> time to time.
15. SSB CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam Centre 2016 :
Date and time of written examination, Physical Standard Test ( PST ), Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) and interview will be intimated to the candidates by Recruitment Cell, Directorate General, BSF, Block 10, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003. The candidates are required to bring all their testimonials in original at the time of interview.
Note : Call letters will be issued to the eligible candidates for appearing in the written examination only. No separate call letter will be issued to appear for PST / PET / Interview and Medical examination. The list of eligible candidates will be displayed at the Recruitment Centre, circulated to concerned CAPFs for informing to the eligible candidates and also uploaded on BSF Recruitment website www.bsf.nic.in.
|1.||Publication of advertisement to all CAPFs and published on BSF website.||24th May, 2016|
|2.||Last date of receipt of application from candidates by concerned CAPFs.||23th June, 2016|
|3.||Forwarding of list / data of eligible candidates to Nodal Force ( BSF ) by CAPFs.||11st July, 2016|
|4.||Consolidation of application received from CAPFs by Nodal Force ( BSF )||18th July, 2016|
|5.||Allotment of Roll Number and issue of Admit Card to eligible candidates for written examination ( Through concerned CAPFs ).||25th July, 2016|
|6.||Detailment of board of officers for written examination, PST / PET as mentioned below and name of nominated officers ( alongwith DOP in present rank to ascertain their seniority in the Board ) will be sent to Nodal Force ( BSF ) by CAPFs.||05th August, 2016|
|Composition of Board of Officers for Written Exam|
Lady Officer ( DC / AC )
|Nos. of Officers|
|Composition of Board of Officers for PST/PET|
( M=Main and R=Reserve )
Lady Officer (DC/AC)
|Nos. of Officers|
|7.||Preparation of Paper I & III by Nodal Force ( BSF )||23rd August, 2016|
|8.||Preparation and forwarding of Paper II ( Professional skill ) of Two sets in four different series ( A,B,C & D) alongwith answer key to Nodal Force (BSF) by CAPFs.||23rd August, 2016|
Paper I - 09:00 hrs to 11:00 hrs
Paper II - 12:00 hrs to 14:00 hrs
Paper III - 15:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs
Venue - Delhi / NCR
|28th August, 2016 ( Sunday )|
|10.||Evaluation of Paper I & II||29th August, 2016|
|11.||Declaration of result of Paper I & II||30th August, 2016|
|12.||Evaluation of Paper III||30th August, 2016 to 03rd September, 2016|
|13.||Conduct of PST/PET 31 August 2016 to 06th September 2016 except Sunday||31st August 2016 to 06th September 2016 except Sunday.|
|14.||Declaration of result of Paper III and aggregate result in all 03 papers.||08th September 2016|
|15.||Interview at HQ DG BSF, FHQ New Delhi.|
Composition of Interview Board
1. Director General / ADG of the Nodal Force - Chairman
2. One IG each of others Forces nominated by respective DsG. - Member
3. Director/DS/US from MHA - Member
4. Psychologist Co-opted from a recognised Govt. Institution - Member
5. DIG of the Nodal Force - Member
|17th to 21st October 2016.|
|16.||Detailed medical examination of shortlisted candidates by Medical Board detailed by concerned CAPFs at their Hospital.||1st to 4th November 2016|
|17.||Last date for submission of appeal for Review Medical Examination to concerned CAPFs by unfit candidates.||19th November 2016|
|18.||RME at concerned CAPFs Hospital||05th to 10th December 2016|
|19.||Submission of DME / RME result to Nodal Force ( BSF ) by CAPFs.||14th December 2016|
|20.||Preparation and declaration of final result by Nodal Force ( BSF )||After approval from MHA.|
|21.||Forwarding dossiers of provisionally selected candidates to concerned CAPFs||After declaration of result|