Indian Territorial Army as an Officer Recruitment Exam July 2016
Indian Army applications are invited from gainfully employed young men for an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation as Territorial Army Officers, based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences.
1. Eligibility Conditions for Indian Territorial Army Officer 2016 :
- Only Male citizens of India and Ex-service officers who are medically fit.
- Indian Territorial Army Officer Age Limit 2016 : 18 to 42 years as on 30 June 2016.
- Qualification for Indian Territorial Army Officer 2016 : Graduate from any recognized university.
- Employment : Gainfully Employed.
Important Note for Indian Army TA Officers 2016 : Serving member of the Regular Army / Navy / Air Force / Police / GREF / Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
2. Date of Indian Army TA Officers Written Examination 2016 : 31st July 2016.
3. Last Date of Receipt of Indian Army TA Officers Application 2016 : Application form for Indian Army TA completed in all respects will be accepted till 30 June 2016 at respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters.
4. The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the competent authority.
5. Standard and Syllabus of the Indian Army TA Officers Exam 2016 :
Indian Army TA Officer Exam Paper 1 :
Reasoning ( Part – 1 ) – 50 Questions and 50 Marks
Elementary Mathematics ( Part – 2 ) – 50 Questions and 50 Marks
Indian Army TA Officer Exam Paper 2 :
General Knowledge ( Part – 1 ) – 50 Questions and 50 Marks
English ( Part – 2 ) – 50 Questions and 50 Marks
Time Allotted : 2 Hours.
Standard of the Indian Army TA Officer Exam Papers 2016 :
The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be a Matriculation level. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian university.
Indian Territorial Army Exam Syllabus 2016 :
Paper – I : Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics
- Part – 1 : Reasoning The question paper will be designed to test the candidates ability to complete sequences making logical conclusion based on simple patter of numbers, statements, figures, letters etc as may be expected of a rational thinking person without any special study of the subject.
- Part – 2 : Elementary Mathematics
- Arithmetic : Number System – natural numbers, integers, rational and real numbers. Fundamental operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots, decimal fraction.
- Unitary Method : Time and distance, time and work, percentages, application to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
- Elementary Number Theory : Division algorithm, prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 & 11. Multiples and factors, factorization theorem, HCF and LCM. Euclidean algorithm, logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
- Algebra : Basic operations, simple factors, remainder theorem, HCF, LCM, theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients ( only real roots to be considered ). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous liner equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions. Set language and set notation, rational expressions and conditional identities, laws of indices.
- Trigonometry : Sine x, cosine x, tangent x when O° < x < 90°. Values of sine x, cos x and ten x, for x = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° & 90°. Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Geometry : Lines and angles, plane and plane figures theorems on Properties of angles at a point, Parallel lines, Sides and angles of a triangle, Congruency of triangles, Similar triangles, Concurrence of medians and altitudes, Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, Circle and its properties, including tangents and normal, Loci.
- Menstruation : Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can bisect into the figures ( field book ). Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular area of cylinders. Surface area and volume of spheres.
- Statistics : Collection and tabulation of statistical data, graphical representation-frequency polygons, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
Paper – II : General Knowledge and English
- Part – 1 : General Knowledge : General knowledge including knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on history of India and geography of nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
- Part – 2 : English : The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workman – like use of words. Questions in English are from synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, Para jumbles, error spotting, jumbled sentences, sentence correction and fill in the blanks.
6. Candidates to ensure their Eligibility for the Examination : The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the competent authority.
7. Time : Maximum time for each paper is 02 hours and will be conducted in two sessions.
8. Type of Exam : Objective ( OMR Answer Sheet will be used ).
9. Qualifying Marks : Minimum 40% marks in each part of the paper separately and overall average of 50%.
10. Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
11. Indian Territorial Army How to Apply 2016 :
All desirous civilian candidates can obtain Application Form from Employment News or download from www.indianarmy.nic.in ( Free of Cost ) and send it alongwith self addressed envelope (28 x12 cms) with postal stamps affixed worth 27/- and two passport size photographs ( No other cost for submission ) to the respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters as per the choice of following examination centres. No other documents to be attached with application form.
Centres of Indian Army Territorial Army Exam 2016 :
|S.No.||Written Examination Centre||Application to be submitted to|
TA Group Headquarters,
Sector - 8B,
Chandigarh - 160 009.
Ph No. 0172 - 2547864
|2.||Lucknow & Patna||PIB Cell,
TA Group Headquarters Central Command,
Lucknow ( UP ) – 226 002.
Ph No. 0522 - 2482278
|3.||Kolkata & Shillong||PIB Cell,
TA Group Headquarters,
Kolkata ( WB ) - 700 021.
Ph No. 033 - 22313227
|4.||Jaipur, Pune, Bangaluru & Hyderabad||PIB Cell,
TA Group Headquarters Southern Command,
Pune - 411 001.
Ph No. 7768002503, 0202688123
|5.||Udhampur & Srinagar||PIB Cell,
TA Group Headquarters Northern Command,
Udhampur ( J & K ) – 182 101.
Ph No. 01992 243592
12. Candidates should note that no request for change of centre will be granted.
13. While filling in Application Form, the candidates should carefully decide about choice for the centre for the examination.
14. The eligible candidates shall be issued an Admit Card and will be sent by post by the respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters.
15. Selection Procedure for Indian Army Territorial Army Civilian Candidates 2016
- Candidates whose applications forms for Indian Army are found correct will be called for screening ( written exam followed by interview only if passed in written exam ), by a Preliminary Interview Board ( PIB ), by the respective TA Group Headquarters.
- Successful candidates will further undergo a Service Selection Board ( SSB ) and Medical Board for final selection.
16. Embodiment for Indian Territorial Army Training 2016
- One month basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within first two years at IMA Dehradun.
Indian Army TA Officer Terms and Conditions of Service 2016
- Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.
Indian Territorial Army Officer Pay Scale ( VIth CPC ) 2016
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||Military Service Pay|
|Lieutenant||PB-3/15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Captain||PB-3/15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Major||PB-3/15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|Lt Colonel||PB-4/37400 - 67000||8000||6000|
|Colonel||PB-4/37400 - 67000||8700||6000|
|Brigadier||PB-4/37400 - 67000||8900||6000|
Note : Candidate who qualify in written test of PIB are required to bring the following documents in original alongwith attested copies at the time of Preliminary Interview Board :
- All educational qualification certificates ( Matric onwards ).
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Copy of Identity proof with photographs ( Voter ID / PAN Card / Passport / Driving license etc ).
- Domicile / Residential proof certificate.
- Certificate for proof of age ( Matric / Senior Secondary mark sheet & certificate for verification of date of birth ).
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt / Union Territory / State / Semi Govt / Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office alongwith NOC by the department as per format given below.
- Self employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of employment and annual income alongwith photocopy of Pan card and self certified character certificate.
- Candidates whose names vary in documents should submit copy of Gazette notification of India / State showing the correct name or an affidavit duly supported by newspaper cuttings.
- Employees of Railways are required to submit NOC authenticated by Railway Board.
Last Date for Indian Army TA Officer Recruitment 2016 : Form completed in all respects will be accepted till 30 June, 2016 at respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters.
For more details about Indian Army TA visit us at www.indianarmy.gov.in and download Application Form ( Free of Cost ). This is the only authentic website of TA.
Incomplete application form will be rejected without intimation.