Indian Navy – Submarine Cadre 2009
Become a Short Service Commissioned Officer in The Submarine Cadre ( Technical Branches ) Course Commencing – Jan 2009
Join The Indian Navy – A Global Experience
1. Indian Navy applications are invited from unmarried Male Indian Citizens for grant of Short Service Cormmission in Submarine cadre ( Technical Branches ) of the Indian Navy for course commencing Jan 2009 at NAVAC Ezhimala, Kerala.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy – Submarine Cadre 2009
2. Age : Between 19½ to 25 years ( Candidates to be born between 02 Jan 1984 to 01 Jul 1989; both dates inclusive ).
3. Educational Qualifications : BE / B Tech ( or equivalent ) from a institution recognized by AICTE with minimum 55% marks in aggregate. Calculation for aggregate percentage should be based on total marks obtained in all the semesters ( including I & II ) divided by total number of semesters in any of the following disciplines :-
- Control Engineering.
4. Physical Standards
- Heioht and Weight : Minimum height – 157 cms with corelated weight.
- Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/24, 6/24 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.
Short Service Commission
5. Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules.
Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as an added advantage in acquiring second career, post exit from the Navy.
6. How To Apply for Indian Navy – Submarine Cadre 2009
- Application Forms, in accordance with the prescribed format, and complete in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Ssc Submarine Cadre -Jan 2009, Qualification & Stream (e.g. Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics etc) …………….Aggregate Percentage……….%”are to be sent to the address given below by 12 May 2008. Application sent by Speed Post / Regd Post / Courier will not be accepted. Post Bag No.04,Rk Puram Po ( Main ), New Delhi-110066
- Application must be sent in the format given in this advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
- Application must be accompanied by attested copies of :-
- 10th standard certificate for verification of Date of Birth and other Educational certificates,
- Marks statement of all semesters / years.
- Application must be accompanied by two self addressed stamped envelopes.
- Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stitched by thread only. IHQ-MoD (N) will not be responsible for loss of Enclosures if sent loose.
7. Selection Procedure for Indian Navy – Submarine Cadre 2009
- The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board ( SSB ) interviews based on their performance in BE / B.Tech Degree qualification. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled during Jul 08 to Dec 08 at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore.
- Total duration of SSB interview is of 5 days, consisting of Stage I (Day one) and Stage II ( Four days ). Stage I Tests consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day from SSB centre. Stage II Tests consist of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests and Interview. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Special Medical Examination at the same venue ( approx duration 3-5 days ).
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in order of all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter and copy endorsed to Directorate of Manpower Planning & Recruitment (OI&R), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, IHQ-MOD(N), New Delhi-110011 ( Fax No. 011-23011282 ).
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
8. The training is scheduled to commence in JAN 2009.
9. Candidates finally selected for Submarine Cadre, will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training in other Naval Training Establishments / Ships. On completion of the training the candidates will have to pass Submarine Qualifying Board.
The candidate who fail to qualify in the Submarine Qualifying Board will not be retained in service. Full pay and allowances are admissible to officers, whilst under training. They will be on probation for a period of two years, during which they are liable to be discharged, if their performance is unsatisfactory. In addition, the candidates will be entitled for Submarine Pay and allowances upto 7000/- per month, only after qualifying the Submarine Qualifying Board.
10. Only unmarried candidates are eligible for training. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and other expenditure incurred on him by the Government. Duties of Submarine Technical Officer
11. As a Submarine Technical Officer you will be responsible to run & maintain modern submarines and its weapon systems. You would get professional satisfaction of maintaining hi – tech machines with state-of-the-art weapon control systems, computer controlled machinery and awesome fire power.
On successful completion of the rigorous training conducted at different training establishments, you will be a proud possessor of ‘Dolphin Badge’ and become a member of a very elite arm of the Navy. Your career in Navy will interspersed with technical courses up to post graduation level in India/abroad. Navy provides some of the finest training facilities, which will turn you in to a physically fit, mentally agile and a skilled professional. Life in Navy is full of challenges and adventures.
The Navy Offers You
12. Promotions : The promotion criteria for different ranks is as follows :- Rank Promotion Criteria
|Sub Lieutenant(SLt)||On Commission|
|Lieutenant (Lt)||02 years as SLt|
|Lieutenant Commander||04 year from date of promotion to Substantive Lt|
|Commander (Cdr)||11 years from date of promotion to Substantive Lt|
Note : Promotion from Sub Lt to Cdr is on time scale subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions.
* Dearness Allowance
* City Compensatory Allowance
* Hill Compensatory Allowance
* Kit Maintenance Allowance
* High Altitude / Uncongenial Climate Allowance
* Outfit Allowance, Qualification Pay or grant ‘Parachute Pay and Parachute Reserve Pay
* Sea Going Allowance *Hardlying Money
* lsland Special Duty Allowance ‘Instructional Allowance ‘Technical Pay
* Low Rate interest loan from Government, sources for purchase of Car / Personal Computer / Scooter and Construction of House ( as per applicability ).
14. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 20 lakhs ( on contribution ) as per latest rules in vogue. Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
15. Leave & Leave Encashment : Officers are entitled to ( subject to service exigencies ) 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year. Free travel for self and family as per rules & 50% concession by air. Leave encashment is permissible, as per the latest rules in vogue.
16. Other Benefits : Entitled ration as per scale, furnished accommodation and allied services at concessional rates, free medical facilities for self and family. Group Housing Scheme, concessional transport facilities for school going children, Canteen facilities and study leave up to two years on merit ( with pay and allowances ).
17. Adventure & Sports : The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing, etc.
18. In Naval Academy curriculum, lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are, therefore, advised to build yourself up by physical training, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.
Instructions for Filling up
- Apply on A 4 Size Paper ( Typed Or Handwriten ) as Per Format Below.
- Candidate Submitting More than one Application will be Disqualified.
- Application Form to be filled in English Only in Block Capitals.
- Strike out Whatever is not Applicable.
- Attach Attested Copy of Class ten Certificate for Date of Birth Verification.
- Attach Attested Copies of all Other Educational Certificates
- Application and Enclosures to be Properly Tagged Together / Stitched by Thread to avoid Loss of Enclosures.