Indian Navy SSC Technical / Executive Branches Course 2011 – Selection Procedure
Eligibility for Indian Navy 2011 :
- Indian Navy Age Limit : 19 to 24 years (i.e. born between 02 Jul 1987 to 01 Jul 1992, (both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualifications : Applicant should be studying in a recognised university with one of the following disciplines and should have obtained a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks till pre final year (upto VI semester) :
|Ser No||Branch / Cadre||Streams in BE / B.Tech||Gender|
| 1. Mechanical|
3. Automotive Only Branch
5. Industrial & Production Men
7. Aeronautical / Aerospace
|(b) ||Electrical Branch||1. Electrical|
3. Tele Only Branch Communications
4. Instrumentation Men
5. Instrumentation and Control
6. Electronics and Instrumentation
7. Electronics and Communication
8. Power Engineering
9. Control System Engineering
10. Power Electronics
|(c) ||Naval Architecture (NA) Cadre|| 1. Mechanical|
3. Aeronautical / Aero Men & Architecture Space
5. Naval Architecture Women (NA) Cadre
|Men & Women|
|Ser No||Branch Cadre||Streams in BE / B. Tech||Gender|
|(a) ||General Service (X)|| 1. Mechanical|
3. Aeronautical Only Service(X)
5. Computer Science Men Engineering
6. Information Technology
|(b) ||Logistics Cadre ||1. Mechanical|
4. Men & Cadre
6. Computer Science Women Engineering
7. Information Technology
|Men & Women|
- The under mentioned candidates need not apply :
- Candidates in their last semester (i.e. eighth semester).
- Candidates having backlogs while filling up applications.
- Candidate must have minimum of 60% marks in overall aggregate (I to VIII sem.) on completion of BE / B Tech.
Indian Navy Physical Standards :
- The candidates must be physically fit according to following physical standards :
- Height and Weight : Minimum height – 157cms for men and 152 cms for women with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight :
- Technical Branch. 6/24, 6/24 correctable to 6/6 in each eye with glasses.
- General Service (Executive). 6/12, 6/12 correctable to 6/6 in each eye with glasses.
- Logistic Cadre (Executive). 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses. The candidate should not be colour / night blind.
Terms & Conditions of Service :
- The selected candidates will be appointed in the rank of Sub-Lieutenant on the date decided by the Naval Headquarters.
The candidate will be granted Short Service commission (SSC). They will be subject to an initial probationary period which will commence from the date of grant of the rank of Sub-Lieutenant and will terminate after two years from the date of their reporting to the Indian Naval Academy.
During the period from date of appointment to reporting for training, the individual will be entitled to half the basic pay of the rank, which will be payable as a lump-sum stipend at the time of joining Indian Naval Academy for training.
The terms of SSC will be for a period of 10 years, extendable by a further period of 04 years subject to service requirements and performance/ willingness of candidates.
Candidates who fail to qualify at the final graduation (aggregate 60%) will be discharge from service without any benefits.
Application Form for Indian Navy 2011 :
- If you meet the above requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper (typed or handwritten) in the prescribed format duly completed in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Application for UES (Technical Branch/Executive Branch)” and “Name of College & District (City)-State”.
Forward the application to the address as mentioned below, according to the place of location of your College / Institution, by Ordinary post only to reach latest by 23 Jul 10.
Application sent through Regd. Post / Speed post / Courier / By Hand / E-mail will not be accepted.
|Ser No||Location of Candidate’s College / Institution||Application to be forwarded to|
|(i)||J & K, Punjab, Haryana,UP, Delhi Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chandigarh||Post Bag No. 04,
New Delhi – 110021.
|(ii)||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Chattishgarh, MP,Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli , Goa,||The Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, (for Command Recruitment Officer) Headquarters,
Western Naval Command,
Shahid Bhagat Singh Road,
Mumbai - 400 023
|(iii)||Andhra Pradesh, Orissa,West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, NE states, Sikkim & A&N Islands||The Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, (for Command Recruitment Officer) Headquarters,
Eastern Naval Command, Naval Base,
Visakhapatnam - 530 014
|(iv)||Kerala, Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Pondicherry and Lakshdweep & Minicoy||The Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, (for Command Recruitment Officer) Headquarters,
Southern Naval Command,
Kochi - 682004
- Obtain signature of the principal on the declaration given at the end of the application. Application must be sent in the format given in this advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
- Although candidates may be eligible for more than one branch / cadre yet they have submit only one application and mentioned priority at para 14 of Application Format.
Application must be accompanied by attested copies of :-
- 10th standard certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates.
- Marks statement of all the six semesters.
- Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged by thread/ stapled. IHQ-MoD (N) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures if sent loose.