Indian Navy SSC Officers in Technical / Executive Branches under UES Course Jun 2014 – Selection Procedure
1. Applications are invited from unmarried candidates who fulfill eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for grant of Short Service Commission ( SSC ) in Executive and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy under University Entry Scheme ( UES ), for course commencing June 2014.
Indian Navy SSC UES 2014 Course Eligibility Conditions
2. Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy SSC UES 2014 Course : Applicant should be studying in the final year ( 4th year ) in a recognised university with one of the following disciplines and should have obtained a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks ( till VIth semester ) :
Indian Navy SSC UES 2014 Course for Technical Branch
|Sl. No.||Branch / Cadre||Streams in B.E / B. Tech.||Gender|
|a||Engineering Branch||(i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Automobile (iv) Mechtronics (v) Instrumentation (vi) Production Engineering (vi) Metallurgy (vii) Aeronautical (ix) Aerospace (x) Automation and Robotics (xi) Industrial Engineering & Management||Men|
|b||Electrical Branch||(i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Tele Communications (iv) Electronics and Instrumentation (v) Electronics and Communication (vi) Power Engineering (vii) Control System Engineering (viii) Power Electronics (ix) Instrumentation & Control||Men|
|c||Naval Architecture ( NA )||(i) Mechanical (ii) Civil (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Aero Space (v) Metallurgy (vi) Naval Architecture||Men & Women|
Executive Branch in Indian Navy SSC UES 2014 Course
|SI. No.||Branch / Cadre||Streams in B.E / B. Tech.||Gender|
|a||General Service ( X )||(i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Production (v) Computer Science Engineering (vi) Information Technology (vii) Control (viii) Electrical (ix) Electronics (x) Telecommunication||Men|
|b||Pilot||Any stream of B.E / B. Tech. ( Phy. & Math at 10 + 2 level )||Men|
|c||Observer||Any stream of B.E / B. Tech. ( Phy. & Math at 10+2 level )||Men|
|d||IT||(i) Information Technology (ii) Computer Science Engineering (iii) Computer Engineering||Men|
|e||Logistics ( Works )||(i) Civil (ii) B Architecture||Men & Women|
Indian Navy SSC UES 2014 Course for Submarine / Technical
|a.||Engineering Branch||i. Mechanical ii. Marine iii. Automobile iv. Mechtronics v. Instrumentation vi. Production Engineering vii. Metallurgy viii. Aeronautical ix. Aerospace x. Automation and Robotics xi. Industrial Engineering & Management xii. Aeronautical Engineering||Men|
|b.||Electrical Branch||i. Electrical ii. Electronics iii. Control iv. Telecommunication v. Instrumentation vi. Power Engineering vii. Electronics and Communication viii. Instrumentation & Control||Men|
- Candidates in their last semester ( i.e. eighth semester ) or who have already completed B.E / B.Tech Degree need to apply.
- Candidate must have minimum of 60% marks in overall aggregate on completion of B.E / B. Tech. The candidate opting for Naval Architecture as one of the choice for the UES entry must have 6.75 CGPA overall grade on 10 point scale. The candidate failing to meet minimum cut off percentage will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
- Candidates who have failed in PABT ( Pilot Aptitude Battery Test ) earlier are not eligible for the Pilot entry.
- Candidates are not eligible for UES entry if they have not studied Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Intermediate ( 10+2 ) level.
3. Age Limit for Indian Navy SSC UES 2014 Course : 19 to 24 years ( i.e. born between 02 Jul 1990 to 01 Jul 1995 both dates inclusive ).
4. Indian Navy SSC UES 2014 Course Medical Standards
The candidate must only apply if meeting the following medical standards :
|Sl. No.||Branch / Cadre||Height ( in cms )||Eye sight||Correctable with glasses|
|i||General Service ( Executive )||157||-||6/12, 6/12||6/6 both eyes|
|ii||Pilot||162.5||-||6/6, 6/9||6/6 both eyes|
|iii||Observer||162.5||-||6/6. 6/9||6/6 both eyes|
|iv||Technical Branch||157||152||6/24, 6/24||6/6 both eyes|
|v||Submarine ( Technical )||157||-||6/24, 6/24||6/6 both eyes|
|vi||IT||157||-||6/60, 6/60||6/6 both eyes|
|vii||Logistics ( Works )||157||152||6/60, 6/60||6/6, 6/12|
|viii||Naval Architecture ( NA )||157||152||6/60, 6/60||6/6, 6/12|
- All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medical as per extant regulation,
- Height for women candidates is 152 cms with correlated weight.
The Navy Offers You
5. Promotions & Pay Scale : Promotion from Sub-Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows :
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP ( Military Service Pay )|
|Sub Lieutenant ( SLt )||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant ( Lt )||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant Commander ( Lt Cdr )||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|Commander ( Cdr )||PB - 4A / 37400-67000||8000||6000|
6. Allowances ( as applicable ) : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month ( pm ) ( in
|Technical||Technical Officer||2500 - 6250 / pm depending on courses qualified|
|Instructional||All officers posted as Instructor||1800 / pm|
|Submarine||Qualified Submariner||11250 - 17500 /pm|
|Flying Pay||Qualified Pilots and Observers||11250 - 17500 /pm|
|Marine Commando||Qualified as Marine Commando||11250 - 17500 /pm|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||800 / 400 /pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving Onboard Ships ( Sailing Only )||4200 - 5200 /pm on basis of Rank|
|Uniform||All Officers||16000 ( Initial grant ) & 5000 ( Every 3 Yrs )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of basic pay|
|House Rent||All Officers||10 - 30% of Basic ( Pay Band +Grade Pay +MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600 - 3200 ( + DA thereon )|
Indian Navy Terms & Conditions of Service
7. The selected candidates will be appointed in the rank of Sub-Lieutenant on the date decided by the Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence ( Navy ) [IHQ-MoD (N)]. The candidate will be granted Short Service commission ( SSC ). They will be subject to an initial probationary period which will commence from the date of grant of the rank of Sub-Lieutenant and will terminate after two years from the date of their reporting to the Indian Naval Academy. The Officers will be on probation for a period of two years and till completion of their initial training ( whichever is later ), during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
During the period from date of appointment to reporting for Indian Navy training, the individual will be entitled to half the basic pay of the rank, which will be payable as a lump-sum as stipend at the time of joining Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala for Indian Navy SSC Technical training. The terms of SSC will be for a period of 10 yrs, extendable by a further period of 04 years subject to service requirements and performance / willingness of candidates. Candidates who fail to qualify at the final graduation ( aggregate 60% ) will be discharged from service without any benefits.
Application for Indian Navy SSC UES 2014 Course
8. Candidates have to submit application online only for Indian Navy SSC Officers entry. Receipt of multiple applications for Indian Navy University Entry Scheme 2013 from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature. The candidate applying online ( e-application ) can do so from 22 Jun 2013. The online application for Indian Navy Short Service Commission UES Officers in Technical registration will close on 27 Jul 2013.
9. Whilst filling up the Indian Navy University Entry Scheme 2014 Course e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following :
- Correct filling up of personal particulars, details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, Mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
10. Filling up of e-application for Indian Navy SSC UES 2013 : For filling up application online visit Indian Navy website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in and proceed as follows :
- Click in the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home page.
- Fill the Indian Navy online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- Before clicking the submit button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any correction after saving the record.
- After submitting the Indian Navy form, an ‘Application Number’ will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Indian Navy Application Number will automatically appear on the printout of the form. If the system does not generate the Application Number, it is an indication of non-acceptance of Application by the system.
- Print a copy of Indian Navy 2013 Application Form having the system generated Application Number. The copy of Indian Navy Short Service Commission UES application form is to be submitted to the Campus Selection Team of Indian Navy at the time of campus interview.
11. Obtain signature of the principal on the declaration given at the end of the Indian Navy application.
12. Although candidates may be eligible for more than one branch / cadre yet they have to submit only one application for Indian Navy and mention priority at para 2 of Application Format. If candidate has submitted Duplicate application, his candidature will be cancelled at any stage of Indian Navy 2013 selection process.