Indian Navy SSC Officers in Technical / Executive Branches under UES Course Jun 2016 – Selection Procedure
1. Applications are invited from unmarried candidates who fulfill eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for grant of Permanent Commission ( PC ) in Executive ( GS ) and Short Service Commission ( SSC ) in Executive and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy under University Entry Scheme ( UES ), for course commencing June 2016.
Indian Navy SSC UES 2016 Course Eligibility Conditions
2. Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy SSC UES 2016 Course : Applicant should be in the final year ( 4th / 5th year ) in an AICTE recognized university with one of the following disciplines and should have obtained a minimum of 60% aggregate marks till pre-final year ( till VI semester for BE / B.Tech and VIII Semester for 5 year integrated degree course ) :
Executive Branch in Indian Navy SSC UES 2016 Course
|SI. No.||Branch / Cadre||Streams in B.E / B. Tech.||Gender||PC / SSC|
|a||General Service ( X )||(i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Production (v) Computer Science Engineering (vi) Information Technology (vii) Control (viii) Electrical (ix) Electronics (x) Telecommunication||Men||PC & SSC|
|b||Pilot||Any stream of B.E / B. Tech. ( Phy. & Math at 10 + 2 level )||Men||SSC|
|c||Observer||Any stream of B.E / B. Tech. ( Phy. & Math at 10+2 level )||Men||SSC|
|d||IT||(i) Information Technology (ii) Computer Science Engineering (iii) Computer Engineering||Men||SSC|
Indian Navy SSC UES 2016 Course for Technical Branch
|Sl. No.||Branch / Cadre||Streams in B.E / B. Tech.||Gender||PC / SSC|
|a||Engineering Branch||(i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Automobile (iv) Mechtronics (v) Instrumentation (vi) Production (vi) Metallurgy (vii) Aeronautical (ix) Aerospace (x) Automation and Robotics (xi) Industrial Engineering & Management||Men||SSC|
|b||Electrical Branch||(i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Tele Communications (iv) Electronics and Instrumentation (v) Electronics and Communication (vi) Power Engineering (vii) Control System Engineering (viii) Power Electronics (ix) Instrumentation & Control (x) Avionics||Men||SSC|
|c||Naval PArchitecture ( NA )||(i) Mechanical (ii) Civil (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Aero Space (v) Metallurgy (vi) Naval Architecture||Men & Women||SSC|
Indian Navy SSC UES 2016 Course for Submarine / Technical
|a.||Engineering Branch||i. Mechanical ii. Marine iii. Automobile iv. Mechtronics v. Instrumentation vi. Production vii. Metallurgy viii. Industrial Engg. & Management ix. Aeronautical Eng x. Automation and Robotics||Men||SSC|
|b.||Electrical Branch||i. Electrical ii. Electronics iii. Control iv. Telecommunication v. Instrumentation vi. Power Engineering vii. Electronics and Communication viii. Instrumentation & Control||Men||SSC|
- Candidate must have minimum of 60% marks in overall aggregate on completion of BE / B Tech. The candidate opting for Naval Architecture as one of the choice for the UES entry must have 6.75 CGPA overall grade on 10 Point Scale. The candidate failing to meet minimum cut off percentage will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
- Candidates who have failed in PABT ( Pilot Aptitude Battery Test ) earlier are not eligible for the Pilot entry.
- Candidates are not eligible for UES entry if they have not studied Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Intermediate ( 10 + 2 ) level.
- Technical Branch candidates as mentioned above at Ser. No. (e) & (f) can also be allotted Air Technical Specialization and will be appointed as Air Technical Officers by IHQ MoD ( Navy ).
- Candidates with BE / B.Tech degree in ‘avionics’ will be eligible for Air Technical branch only.
- Candidates having backlog in any semester at the time of Campus interview are not allowed to attend the interview.
- Candidates with less than 60% marks in overall aggregate till sixth semester / eight semester ( B.Tech / integrated degree course ) are not permitted to appear for campus interview.
3. Age Limit for Indian Navy SSC UES 2016 Course : 21 to 24 years as on 01 Jul 2016 ( i.e. born between 02 Jul 1992 to 01 Jul 1997 both dates inclusive ).
4. Indian Navy SSC UES 2016 Course Medical Standards
The candidate must only apply if meeting the following medical standards :
|Sl. No.||Branch / Cadre||Height ( in cms )||Eye Sight||Correctable with glasses|
|i||Executive ( General Service )||157||-||6/12, 6/12||6/6 both eyes|
|ii||Pilot||162.5||-||6/6, 6/9||6/6 both eyes|
|iii||Observer||162.5||-||6/6. 6/9||6/6 both eyes|
|iv||Electrical / Engineering Branch||157||-||6/24, 6/24||6/6 both eyes|
|v||Submarine ( Technical )||157||-||6/24, 6/24||6/6 both eyes|
|vi||IT||157||-||6/60, 6/60||6/6 both eyes|
|viii||Naval Architecture ( NA )||157||152||6/60, 6/60||6/6, 6/12|
- All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medical as per extant regulation.
- Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection.
- The Medical standards for Executive ( General Service ) shall be same for PC & SSC candidates.
The Navy Offers You
5. Promotions & Pay Scale : Promotion from Sub-Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows :
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP ( Military Service Pay )|
|Sub Lieutenant ( SLt )||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant ( Lt )||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant Commander ( Lt Cdr )||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|Commander ( Cdr )||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||8000||6000|
6. Allowances ( as applicable ) : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month ( pm ) ( in
|Technical||Technical Officer||3000 - 7250 / pm depending on courses qualified|
|Instructional||All officers posted as Instructor||2700 / pm
|Submarine||Qualified Submariner||13500 - 21000 / pm|
|Flying Pay||Qualified Pilots and Observers||13500 - 21000 / pm|
|Marine Commando||Qualified as Marine Commando||13500 - 21000 / pm|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||1200 / 600 / pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving Onboard Ships||6300 - 7800 / pm on basis of Rank ( Sailing Only )|
|Uniform||All Officers||24000 ( Initial grant ) & 7500 ( Every 3 Yrs )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of basic pay|
|House Rent||All Officers||10 - 30% of Basic ( Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600 - 3200 / pm ( + DA thereon )|
|Hydrography||Hydrography Qualified||400 - 1200 / pm|
Indian Navy Terms & Conditions of Service
7. The selected candidates will be appointed in the rank of Sub-Lieutenant on the date decided by the Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence ( Navy ) [ IHQ-MoD (N) ]. The Officers will be on probation for a period of two years or till completion of their initial training ( whichever is later ), during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory. The individuals who are granted PC will be entitled to the full basic pay of the rank, while those granted SSC will be entitled to half the basic pay for the rank, for the period from date of appointment to date of reporting at Naval Academy. This will be payable as a lumpsum stipend at the time of joining INA, Ezhimala for training.
8. Candidates of SSC for GS ( X ) and GS ( Tech ) will serve for 12 years, extendable to 14 years. The extension is subject to service requirements and performance / willingness of candidate. However, for Pilot / Observer / Tech ( Submarine ) the term of SSC is 14 years with no further extension.
Application for Indian Navy SSC UES 2016 Course
9. Candidate can submit only Online ( e-application ) for this entry from 20 June 2015 to 19 July 2015.
10. Online ( e-application ) : Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following :
- Correct filling up of personal particulars, details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, Mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
- Candidates are required to upload recent passport size photograph of size less than 25kb ( .jpe or .jpg format ).
11. Instruction for filling up of e-application for Indian Navy SSC UES 2015 :
For filling up application online visit our Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and proceed as follows :
- Click on the ‘Apply Online Officer entry’ on the Home page.
- Fill the Indian Navy online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling the form click on Preview and check if all the information entered by you are correct.
- Before clicking the Print application button, it should be checked where in all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the records. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevent details.
- Print a copy of this Application Form having the system generated Application Number. The copy of this application form along with copy of class x, 10 +2 and marksheets till sixth semester of B. Tech is to be submitted to the Campus Selection Team of Indian Navy at the time of campus interview.
12. Obtain signature of the principal on the declaration given at the end of the Indian Navy application.
13. Although candidates may be eligible for more than one branch / cadre yet they have to submit only one application for Indian Navy and mention priority at para 2 of Application Format. If candidate has submitted Duplicate application, his candidature will be cancelled at any stage of selection process.