Selection Procedure for Indian Navy SSC Technical / Executive Branches under UES Course 2012
10. Short listed candidates will be called for Indian Navy Campus Interview, at their own expense, at centres as notified by IHQ-MoD ( Navy ) / Command Headquarters. The screening will be conducted by a Naval Selection Team, and candidates selected during campus interview will be called for SSB interview at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore between Dec 11 to Apr 12.
(a) Conduct of Indian Navy SSB. Stage I test consisting of Officer Intelligence Rating Test ( OIRT ), Picture Perception and Discussion test ( PPDT ) will be conducted on the first day. Candidate who fails to qualify in Stage I will be routed back home on the same day. Stage II tests will comprise of Psychological testing, Group Task, Group Discussion and Indian Navy Personal Interview. No compensation will be paid in case of any injury sustained as a result of tests. The duration of SSB will be 05 days Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Special Medical Examination for approximate duration of 05
days at nearest military hospital.
(b) Change of Indian Navy SSB centre is not permissible. Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates is to be addressed to the Call-up Officer of the concerned SSB. Award of fresh dates, would be subject to availability of date and batches at Indian Navy SSB centre.
(c) Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for Indian Navy training in order of All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
(d) Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
Indian Navy Training
11. The training for Indian Navy is scheduled to commence in Jul 2012 at Naval Academy Ezhimala.
12. Candidates finally selected for UES, will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo 20 weeks Naval Orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala, followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Indian Navy Training Establishments.
Duties of Indian Navy Technical Officer
13. Indian Navy Technical officer is responsible to maintain modern ships, submarines, aircraft and weapon systems. He also gets an opportunity to work ashore, in one of the most advanced Naval Dockyards and indigenous production units of the Navy. Engineering students of Naval Architecture, Mechanical, Civil, Aeronautical and Metallurgy discipline can opt for Naval Architecture Cadre. The Naval Architecture Cadre offers excellent opportunities to keep abreast of the advancement in ship building technology. Technical officer’s career in Navy is interspersed with technical courses up to post graduation level in India / abroad.
Indian Navy Duties of an Executive Officer
14. As an Executive officer in Indian Navy, you would be at the helm of affairs in ships. Executive officers are leaders of men, strategists of modern warfare and ambassadors of our country when in foreign waters. Modern warships are highly evolved fighting machines needing capable and decisive leaders to operate them. A glorious career would see many high points and chief among them would be command at sea. Executive officers in Indian Navy actively participate in all facets of Naval operations i.e. Air, surface and sub-surface operations. They are specialists in Missile and Gunnery, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Electronic Warfare and Communications, Navigation and Direction, Hydrography and NBCD.
The Indian Navy Offers You
15. Indian Navy Promotions & Pay Scale : Promotion from Sub-Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows :
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP ( Military Service Pay )|
|Sub Lieutenant ( SLt )||PB - 3 / 15600-39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant ( Lt )||PB - 3 / 15600-39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant Commander ( Lt Cdr )||PB - 3 / 15600-39100||6600||6000|
|Commander ( Cdr )||PB - 4 / 37400-67000||8000||6000|
16. Indian Navy Allowances ( as applicable ) : The rates of Indian Navy allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month ( pm ) ( in )|
|Technical||Technical Officers||2000-5000 / pm depending on courses qualified|
|Instructional||All officers posted as Instructors||1800 / pm|
|Submarine||Qualified Submariner||9000-14000 / pm|
|Marcos||Qualified as Marcos||9000-14000 / pm|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||800 / 400 / pm|
|Sea going||All Naval officers Serving onboard Ships ( Sailing only )||4200-5200 / pm on basis of Rank|
|Uniform||All Officers||16000 ( Initial grant ) & 5000 ( Every 3 Yrs )|
|Hard Area||All officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25 % of basic Pay|
|House Rent||All officers||10-30 % of Basic ( Pay Band + Grade Pay +MSP )|
|Transport||All officers||1600-3200 ( + DA thereon )|
17. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a sub Lieutenant would be approximately 58,000 /- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
18. Indian Navy Privileges : Free Medical Facilities for Self & dependants, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Rations, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
19. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 40 lakhs ( on contribution ) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
20. Leave Entitlements : Officers are entitled to ( subject to service exigencies ) 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year. Free travel for self and dependents as per extant rules by air. In addition 40 % concession for rail travel to any place at any time for self and dependants.
21. Adventure & Sports : The Indian Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
22. Physical Fitness : In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit by undertaking regular physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the Indian Navy training goals successfully.
23. Instructions for filling up of Indian Navy Application Format.
Following guidelines are important for filling up of Indian Navy application format for UES 2012 Course :
(i) In Para 1 of Application format for Indian Navy : Write your first Choice as opted for at para 17.
(ii) In Para 7 : Write stream of B.E / B. Tech i.e. Mechanical or Electrical or so on which is applicable.
(iii) In Para 8 : Write Total of maximum marks & scored from1st to 6th / 5th Semester of B.E / B. Tech and aggregate % of marks.
(iv) In Para 13 : Write State to which you originally belong.
(v) In Para 14 & 15 : Darken the appropriate box.
(vi) In Para 17 : If you eligible for more than one Branch / Cadre – write your choice as 1, 2, & 3 in appropriate box.
(vii) In Para 21 : If you have attended Indian Navy SSB interview earlier, give the Entry, Batch, whether Rec / Not Rec.