Indian Navy as SSC Officers in Technical Branches Course 2011 – Selection Procedure
Indian Navy invites Engineers to join the Indian Navy as short service commissioned officers in technical branches course commencing – Jul 2011.
- Indian Navy applications are invited from unmarried candidates who fulfill eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Technical [Engineering (E) & Electrical (L)] Branches of the Indian Navy for course commencing July 2011.
- Age & Block dates for the different entries of Technical Branches are as follows:-
Indian Navy Eligibility
|Sr No||Entry (Branch/Cadre)||Age||Born between (both dates inclusive)|
|(i)||Technical (General Service) to Branch (‘E’ & ‘L’)||19 & frac12; to 25 years||02 Jul 1986 to 01 Jan 1992|
|(ii)||Submarine Cadre (‘E’ & ‘L’)||19 & frac12; to 25 years||02 Jul 1986 to 01 Jan 1992|
|(iii)||Naval Architecture Cadre||21 to 25 years||02 Jul 1986 to 01 Jul 1990|
- Indian Navy SSC Educational Qualifications: Four years BE/B. Tech Engineering Degree qualified with minimum 60% marks in aggregate from a recognised university with one of the following streams:-
|Sr No||Branch / Cadre||Eligible streams of BE / B.Tech||Eligible Gender|
|Technical Branch (General Service)|
|(a)||Engineering (E)||‘Mechanical’ or ‘Production’ or ‘Marine’ or Branch ‘Control’ or ‘Aeronautical’||Only Men|
|(b)||Electrical (L)||‘Electrical’ or ‘Electronics’ or ‘Avionics’ or Branch ‘Instrumentation & Control’ or ‘Telecommunication’||Only Men|
|(c)||Engineering Branch||Mechanical||Only Men|
|(d)||Electrical Branch||‘Electrical’ or ‘Electronics’ or‘Control’ or ‘Telecommunication’||Only Men|
|Naval Architecture Cadre|
|(e)||Naval Architecture||‘Naval Architecture’ or ‘Mechanical’ or Men & Cadre ‘Civil’ or ‘Aeronautical’ or ‘Metallurgy||Men & Women|
- Women candidates can apply only for Naval Architecture Cadre.
- Candidate who is educationally eligible for more than one Branch / Cadre has to apply only one application and mention his priority at para 14 of Application Format.
- Appearing candidates are not permitted to attend for Service Selection Board SSB Interview.
Indian Navy Physical Standards
- The candidates should not be colour / night blind & must be physically fit according to following physical standards:-
- Height and Weight. Minimum height-157cms for men & 152 cms for women with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight. 6/24, 6/24 correctable to 6/6 in each eye with glasses for Tech(GS) Branch & Submarine Cadre and 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses for the Naval Architecture Cadre.
Indian Navy Short Service Commission
- Indian Navy Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules.
Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as added advantages in acquiring second career post exit from the Navy.
Indian Navy SSC Officers 2011 Application Form
- If you meet the above requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper (typed or handwritten) in the prescribed format duly completed in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Application for 1st Choice …… 2nd …… 3rd ……” and “Aggregate Percentage (1 to 8 Semesters) …….”
Forward the indian navy application to the address as mentioned below by Ordinary post only to reach latest by 09 Feb 2011. Application sent through Regd. Post/Speed post/Courier/By Hand/E-mail will not be accepted.
Post Bag No. 02,
New Delhi – 110 023.
- Although Candidates may be eligible for more than one branch/cadre yet they have to submit only one application and mention priority at para 14 of Application Format.
Indian Navy Application must be accompanied by attested copies of:-
- 10th standard certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates.
- Indian Navy Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged or stapled. IHQ-MOD (N) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures if sent loose.
The last date for receipt of Application is 08 Nov 2010..