- Indian Navy SSC Officers 2011 Selection Procedure
- The candidates will be called for Service Selection Board SSB Interviews at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore between Nov 10 to May 11 according to their choice of cadre and their performance in BE / B Tech. Degree. Short-listing of candidates will be done on the basis of the cut off percentage decided by IHQ-MoD (Navy) for each cadre. No communication will be entertained on this account. A candidate not making to the cut-off %age of his 1st choice will be considered for his 2nd or 3rd choice, provided the candidates meets the cut off for that particular cadre.
- Conduct of SSB Interview. Stage I test consisting of Officer Intelligence Rating Test (OI & R Test), Picture Perception and Discussion test(PDPT) will be conducted on the first day. Candidate who fails to qualify in Stage I will be routed back home on the same day. Stage II tests will comprise of Psychological testing, Group Task, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. No compensation will be paid in case of any injury sustained as a result of tests. The duration of SSB will be 05 days Successful candidates will there after undergo Special Medical Examination for approximate duration of 05 days at nearest military hospital.
- Change of SSB Interview centre is not permissible. Any correspondence regarding change of SSB Interview dates is to be addressed to the Call-up Officer of the concerned SSB. Award of fresh dates, would be subject to availability of date and batches at SSB centre.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in order of All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB Interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
Indian Navy Training
- The training is scheduled to commence in Jul 2011 at Naval Academy Ezhimala.
- Candidates finally selected for Tech (GS) Branch & Naval Architecture Cadre will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo 20 weeks Naval Orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala, followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments.
Full pay & allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training. They will be on probation for a period of two years, during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
- Candidates finally selected for Submarine Cadre, will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training in other Naval Training Establishments/Ships. On completion of the training the candidates will have to pass Submarine Qualifying Board.
The candidate who fail to qualify in the Submarine Qualifying Board will not be retained in service. Full pay and allowances are admissible to officers, whilst under training. They will be on probation for a period of two years, during which they are liable to be discharged, if their performance is unsatisfactory.
In addition, the candidates will be entitled for Submarine Pay and allowances upto 14,000/- per month, only after qualifying the Submarine Qualifying Board.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible for training. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and other expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
- Life in Navy is full of challenges and adventures. Navy provides some of the finest training facilities, which will turn you in to a skilled professional, mentally agile and physically fit officer. Naval Architecture officer’s career in navy is interspersed with technical courses up to post-graduation level in India / abroad.
- Tech (GS) Branch Technical officer is responsible to maintain modern ships, aircraft and their associated weapons/sensors systems. He also gets an opportunity to work ashore, in one of the most advanced Naval Dockyards and indigenous production units of the Navy.
- Submarine Cadre As a Submarine Technical Officer you will be responsible to run & maintain modern submarines and its weapon systems. You would get professional satisfaction of maintaining hi-tech machines with state-of-the-art weapon control systems, computer controlled machinery and awesome fire power.
On successful completion of the rigorous training conducted at different training establishments, you will be a proud possessor of ‘Dolphin Badge’ and become a member of a very elite arm of the Navy.
- Naval Architecture Cadre Naval Architects specialize in warship and Submarine constructions. A Naval Architect in involve in design, construction, quality, control, repair and new construction work of Naval vessels.
In no other career, an Architecture Officer gets exposed to such wide developments. The Naval Architecture Cadre offers excellent opportunities to keep abreast of the advancement in ship building technology.
- Promotions & Pay Scale for Indian Navy: Promotion from Sub-Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.
Duties of Indian Navy Technical Officer
The Navy Offers You
The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows:
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||Military Service Pay|
|Sub Lieutenant (SLt)||PB-3 / 15600-39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant (Lt)||PB-3 / 15600-39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant Commander (Lt Cdr)||PB-3 / 15600-39100||6600||6000|
|Commander (Cdr)||PB-4 / 37400-67000||8000||6000|
Allowances (as applicable) the rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows:
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month (pm) (in )|
|Technical||Technical Officer||2000-5000 / pm depending on courses qualified|
|Instructional||All officers posted as Instructor||1800 / pm|
|Submarine||Qualified Submariner||9000-14000 / pm|
|Marcos||Qualified As Marcos||9000-14000 / pm|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||800 / 400 / pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving||4200-5200 / pm on basis of Rank Onboard Ships (Sailing Only)|
|Uniform||All Officers||16000 (Initial grant) & 5000 (Every 3 Years)|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard||25% of basic Pay Area as declared by Government|
|House Rent||All Officers||10-30 % of Basic (Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP)|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 ( + DA thereon)|
- Privileges: Free Medical Facilities for Self & Family, canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Government Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
- Cost to Company (CTC): The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately 54,000/- for Tech. (GS) & NA Cadre and 60,000/- for Submarine Cadre (Engineering & E lectrical) per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Flying Allowance, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statuatory and are subject to change.
- Group Insurance & Gratuity: Insurance cover of 30 lakhs (on contribution) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
- Leave Entitlements: Officers are entitled to (subject to service exigencies) 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year. Free travel for self and family as per extant rules by air / rail as per rank. In addition 40% concession for rail travel to any place at any time for self and family.
- Adventure & Sports: The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
- Physical fitness : In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to build up yourself by physical training, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.
- Instructions for filling up of Application Format: Following guidelines are important for filling up of application format Technical Branches Jul 10 course:
- In Para 1 of Application format: Write branch Tech (GS) Branch or Submarine Cadre or Naval Architecture Cadre, whichever is applicable. If you are eligible for more than one branch/Cadre write branch/cadre according to your 1st choice.
- In Para 9 : Write state from which you belong.
- In Para 10 : Darken the appropriate box.
- In Para 11 : Darken the appropriate box.
- In Para 13: Write stream of BE / B Tech i.e. Mechanical or Electrical or so on whichever is applicable.
- In Para 14 : Mention your choices as 1st, 2nd & 3rd Choice among Tech (GS) Branch, Submarine Cadre & Naval Architecture Cadre if you are eligible for more than one branch / Cadre.
- In Para 17 : If you attended SSB Interview earlier, give the Entry, Batch, whether Rec / Not Rec.
- Paste your passport size recent colour photograph on the Application Format.
- Attach attested copies of :
- 10th & 12th standard certificate & Marks Statement.
- Marks statement of all (1st to 8th) semesters of BE / B.Tech.
- Original / Provisional degree certificate.