Indian Navy as SSC Officers in Technical Branches Course 2012
1. Indian Navy Application form 2011 are invited from unmarried male candidates who fulfill eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Technical [Engineering (E) & Electrical (L)] Branches of the Indian Navy for course commencing Jan 2012.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy
2. Age : Age & Block dates for the different entries of Technical Branches are as follows :
|Ser No.||Entry (Branch / Cadre)||Age||Born between (both dates inclusive)|
|(i)||Technical (General Service)||191/2 to 25 years Branch (‘E’ & ‘L’)||02 Jan 1987 to 01 Jul 1992|
|(ii)||Submarine Cadre (‘E’ & ‘L’)||191/2 to 25 years||02 Jan 1987 to 01 Jul 1992|
3. Indian Navy Educational Qualifications :
Four years B.E / B. Tech Engineering Degree qualified with minimum 60% marks in aggregate from a recognised university with one of the following streams :
|Ser||Branch / Cadre||Eligible streams of B.E / B. Tech.|
|Technical Branch (General Service)|
|(a)||(a) Engineering (E) Branch||(i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Automotive (iv) Mechtronics (v) Industrial & Production (vi) Metallurgy (vii) Aeronautical /
Aerospace (viii) Control & Production
|(b)||Electrical (L)||(i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Tele Communication (iv) Instrumentation (v) Instrumentation and Control (vi) Electronics and Instrumentation (vii) Electronics and Communication (viii) Power Engineering (ix) Control System Engineering (x) Power Electronics (xi) Computer Science Engg. (xii) IT (xiii) Avionics|
|Technical Branch (Submarine Cadre)|
|(d)||Electrical Branch||‘Electrical’ or ‘Electronics’ or ‘Instrumentation and Control’ or
(i) Candidates who are educationally eligible for more than one Branch / Cadre should fill up (apply on) one Indian Navy 2011 Application Form and mention his priority at Para 15 of the Indian Navy Form.
(ii) Candidates not qualified or appearing in final exam are not eligible to apply.
Physical Standards for Indian Navy
4. The candidates should not be colour / night blind & must be physically fit according to following physical standards :
(a) Height and Weight. Minimum height-157cms with correlated weight.
(b) Eye Sight. 6/24, 6/24 correctable to 6/6 in each eye with glasses for Tech (GS) Branch & Submarine Cadre.
Indian Navy Short Service Commission
5. Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules. Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as added advantages in acquiring second career post exit from the Indian Navy.
Online Application Form for Indian Navy 2011
6. If you meet the above requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper ( available on DMPR website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in ) in the prescribed format duly completed in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Application For “Tech (GS) / Tech(Sub)” and “Aggregate Percentage (1 to 8 Semesters) …….”. Forward the application to the address as mentioned below by Ordinary post only to reach latest by 18 Apr 2011. Application for Indian Navy sent through Regd. Post / Speed post / Courier / By Hand / E-mail will not be accepted.
Post Bag No. 04,
New Delhi – 110 066.
7. Although Candidates may be eligible for more than one branch / cadre yet they have to submit only one Indian Navy application 2011 and mention priority at para 15 of Indian Navy Application Format. Indian Navy Online Application Form must be accompanied by attested copies of :
(i) 10th standard certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates.
(ii) Marks statement of all (1st to 8th) semesters of B.E / B. Tech.
8. Indian Navy Application forms and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged or stapled. IHQ-MoD (Navy) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures if sent loose.