Indian Navy SSC Officers in Executive ( General Service / Hydro Cadre ) and Technical Branches ( Submarine ) Course Jan 2016 – Indian Navy SSC Officer Selection Procedure
The Indian Navy invites Engineers to join the Indian Navy as Short Service Commissioned Officers in Executive Branch ( General Service / Hydro Cadre ) and Technical Branches ( Submarine ) Jan 2016 Course.
1. Indian Navy applications are invited from unmarried Male candidates for grant of Short Service Commission ( SSC ) in Executive Branch ( General Services / Hydro Cadre ) and Technical Branches ( Submarine ) of the Indian Navy for Jan 2016 Course at Indian Naval Academy ( INA ) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India. Candidates already applied for the posts in the month of March 15 need not to apply again. Duplicate applications are liable to be rejected.
2. Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy SSC Officers 2015
Indian Navy SSC Officers Age Limit 2015 :
The candidates applying for the above entries must be aged between 19½ and 25 years i.e. the candidates must be born between 02 Jan 1991 and on 01 Jul 1996, both dates inclusive.
3. Educational Qualifications for SSC Officers in Indian Navy 2015 : Candidates must have completed BE / B.Tech Degree with minimum 65% marks in aggregate from a recognised university in one of the following specified streams :
|Sl.No.||Branch / Specialisation||Eligible Streams of BE / B.Tech.|
|a.||Executive ( GS / Hydro Cadre )||BE / B.Tech ( Any discipline )|
|b.||Engineering Branch||(i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Automotive (iv) Mechtronics (v) Industrial & Production (vi) Metallurgy (vii) Aeronautical / Aerospace (viii) BS Marine Engg. (ix) Instrumentation (x) Instrumentation & Control (xi) Automation & Robotics (xii) Industrial Engg. & Management (xiii) Production Engg|
|c.||Electrical Branch||(i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Control (iv) Telecommunication (v) Instrumentation (vi) Power Engg (vii) Electronics & Communication (viii) Control System (ix) Power Electronics|
- Only one application form is to be filled up.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one Branch / Cadre should mention priority in the Form.
- Candidates not qualified or appearing in final exam are not eligible to apply.
4. Physical Standards for Indian Navy Recruitment 2015
The candidates should not be colour / night blind & must be physically fit according to following physical standards :
- Height and Weight : Minimum height for male – 157 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight : Minimum visual acuity for both eyes is 6/12 for Executive ( GS / Hydro ) cadre and 6/24 for Technical ( Submarine Specialisation ) correctable to 6/6 ( both eyes ) with glasses.
- All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medicals as per extant regulation.
- Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist end on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection.
The Navy Offers You
5. Promotions & Pay Scale : Promotion from Sub-Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The Indian Navy SSC Officers Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows :
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||Military Service Pay|
|Sub Lieutenant ( SLt )||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant ( Lt )||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant Commander ( Lt Cdr )||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|Commander ( Cdr )||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||8000||6000|
6. Allowances ( as applicable ). The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month ( pm ) ( in Rs )|
|Technical||Technical Officer||3000 - 7250/pm depending on courses qualified.|
|Instructional||All officers posted as Instructor||2700/pm|
|Submarine||Qualified Submariner||13500 - 21000/pm|
|Marcos||Qualified As Marcos||13500 - 21000/pm|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||600 / 1200/pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving Onboard Ships||6300 - 7800/pm on basis of Rank ( Sailing Only )|
|Uniform||All Officers||24,000 ( Initial grant ) & 7500 ( Every 3 Yrs )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of ( BP + GP + MSP )|
|House Rent||All Officers not provided with Govt. Accommodation||10 - 30% of Basic ( BP + Grade Pay + MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600 - 3200 ( + DA thereon )|
|Hydrographic||Hydrography Qualified||400 - 1200/pm|
7. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately 74100/- for Executive ( GS ) and 90600/- for Submarine Specialisation ( Engineering and Electrical ). This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance, Transport allowance, Ration Allowance and Kit Maintenance Allowance. These rates are subject to change from time to time.
8. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free Medical Facilities for self & dependents, LTC, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished, Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
9. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 57 lakhs for Submarine Specialisation and 50 lakhs for Executive ( GS ) ( on contribution ).
10. Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and dependents. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
11. Sports & Adventure : The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
Indian Navy Short Service Commission
- Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules. However, for hydrography, submarine specialisation. Short Service Commission for a fixed term of 14 years is granted with no extension.
- Candidates inducted in the Hydrography cadre would be liable for de-induction to another Branch / cadre after joining service, based on their performance / service requirement.
Duties of Indian Navy SSC Officers 2015
12. Executive Officer / General Service : As an Executive officer, you would be at the helm of affairs in ships. Executive officers are leaders of men, strategists of modern warfare and ambassadors of our country when in foreign waters. Modern warships are highly evolved fighting machines needing capable and decisive leaders to operate them. A glorious career would see many highpoints and chief among them would be Command at sea. Executive officers actively participate in all facets of Naval operations i.e. air, surface and sub-surface operations. They are specialists in Missile and Gunnery, Anti Submarine Warfare, Electronic Warfare and Communication, Navigation and Direction, Hydrography and NBCD.
13. Hydrography Officer : Hydrography is one of the sub-specialisations of the Executive branch of the Indian Navy, which qualifies officers to undertake Hydrographic Surveys of uncharted Indian & foreign waters for production of nautical charts for safe navigation at sea. Hydrography not only contributes towards safety at sea, but also plays a big role in successful completion of various coastal / offshore developmental projects. It is a highly challenging and satisfying discipline.
14. Tech ( Submarine Specialisation ) : ‘As a Submarine Technical Officer you will be responsible to run & maintain modern submarines and its weapon systems. You would get professional satisfaction of maintaining hi-tech machines with state-of-the-art weapon control systems, computer controlled machinery and awesome fire power. On successful completion of the rigorous training conducted at different training establishments, you will be a proud possessor of ‘Dolphin Badge’ and become a member of a very elite arm of the Navy’.