Indian Navy SSC Officers in Executive ( General Service / Hydro Cadre ) and Technical Branches ( Submarine ) Course Jan 2016 Selection – Indian Navy SSC Officer Course
Indian Navy SSC Officer Selection Procedure 2015
- The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board ( SSB ) based on their performance in Degree Course. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence ( Navy ) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore / Visakhapatnam during Jul to Sep 2015. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interviews on their E-Mail or SMS ( provided by candidate in their application form ).
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the second day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination ( approx duration 03 – 05 days ).
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for that type of commission.
Indian Navy SSC Officer Training 2015
16. Training is scheduled to commence in Jan 2016 at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. After training selected candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant.
17. Candidates selected for Executive GS ( X ) / Hydro will undergo 44 Weeks Naval orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments. Full pay & allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training. They will be on probation for a period of two years, during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
18. Candidates finally selected for Submarine Specialisation, will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo 22 weeks Naval Orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training in other Naval Training Establishments / Ships. On completion of the training the candidates will have to pass Submarine Qualifying Board. The candidates who fail to qualify in the submarine qualifying Board will not be retained in service. The candidates will be entitled for Submarine Pay and allowances, only after qualifying the Submarine Qualifying Board.
19. Only unmarried candidates are eligible for training. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him / her and other expenditure incurred on the candidate by the Government.
How to Apply for Indian Navy SSC Officers 2015
20. Candidates are to fill in ‘e-application’ ( Online ) for Indian Navy SSC Officer entry from 16 May 15 onwards. The online application registration will cease on 06 Jun 15. The procedure for applying online is explained in Paras 21 & 22 below.
Important : Please read the instructions given on the website carefully before submitting your ‘e-application’ form.
21. Online ( e-application ) for Indian Navy SSC Officer 2015 : Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following :
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
- Candidates are required to upload recent passport size digital photograph of size less than 25 kb ( .jpeg or .jpg format ).
22. Filling up of e-application for Indian Navy SSC Officer 2015 : For filling up application Online visit our website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and proceed as follows :
- Click on the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home Page.
- Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling the form click on Preview and check if all the information entered by you are correct.
- Before clicking the Print Application button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevant details.
- Before clicking the instruction for SSB Button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of SSB by clicking on the instruction for SSB button and can take the print of the application form by entering the details from the download sections under officer entry.
- Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated Application Number. One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed ( posted ) to Post Box No. 04, Chankya Puri PO, New Delhi – 110 021 along with the following documents : Self attested photograph, Attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester / years. Application to be sent by ordinary post only. Speed post / courier and Registered post will not be accepted.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope : Online Application No. ________ Application for SSC X ( GS ) / Hydro Cadre / Technical Branch ( SM ) Jan 2016 Course Qualification ______ Percentage _____%. NCC ‘C’ Yes / No. Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stapled, IHQ MoD ( Navy ) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
- Note :
- Final receipt of the printout of the Online Application Form with system generated Application Number and all documents as mentioned in sub para (f) above if received by 16 Jun 15 will be the final confirmation of receipt of your Application at IHQ MoD ( Navy ). Hence, only filling the application Online / generation of Application No. does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria given in the advertisement.
- Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found Ineligible / Invalid at any point of time.
- The applicants are advised to regularly check naval website and their mailbox for SSB call ups.
- Disclaimer : Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of Indian Navy / Government of India will be final.