Indian Navy SSC Officers in Executive ( General Service ) / Technical Branches Course Dec 2013 – Indian Navy SSC Officers Course Selection
The Indian Navy invites Engineers to join the Indian Navy as Short Service Commissioned Officers in Executive Branch ( General Service ) and Technical Branches Dec 2013 Course.
A Glorious Life – A Global Experience
1. Indian Navy invites applications from unmarried male candidates for grant of Short Service Commission ( SSC ) in Executive Branch ( General Service ) and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy for Dec 2013 Course at Indian Naval Academy ( INA ) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates to fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy SSC Officers 2013
2. Indian Navy SSC Executive Officers Age Limit 2013 : Age & Block dates for the different entries are as follows :
|Ser No.||Entry ( Branch / Cadre )||Age||Born between ( both dates inclusive )|
|(a)||Technical ( General Service ) ( ‘E’ & ‘L’ ) Branches||19½ to 25 years||02 Jan1989 to 01 Jul 1994|
|(b)||Executive ( General Service )||19½ to 25 years||02 Jan1989 to 01 Jul 1994|
3. Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy SSC Officers 2013 : Completed B.E / B.Tech Engineering with minimum 65% marks in aggregate from a recognised university in one of the following specified streams :
|Ser. No.||Branch / Specialisation||Eligible streams of B.E / B.Tech.|
|Technical Branch ( General Service )|
|(a)||Engineering ( E ) Branch||(i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Automotive (iv) Mechtronics (v) Industrial & Production (vi) Metallurgy (vii) Aeronautical /Aerospace (viii) B.Sc Marine Engineering|
|(b)||Electrical ( L ) Branch||(i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Tele Branch Communication (iv) Instrumentation (v) Instrumentation and Control (vi) Electronics and Instrumentation (vii) Electronics and Communication (viii) Power Engineering (ix) Control System Engineering (x) Power Electronics|
|Executive ( GS ) Branch|
|(c)||Executive ( GS )||B.E / B.Tech ( Any discipline )|
Important : Candidate with NCC ‘C’ Certificate will be given preference.
- Candidates who are educationally eligible for more than one entry should fill up ( apply only one Application Form ) and mention his priority in the Form.
- Candidates not qualified or appearing in final exam are not eligible to apply.
- Technical branch candidates as mentioned above at Ser. No. (a) & (b) can also be allotted Air Technical Specialisation / appointed as Air Technical Officers by IHQ MoD ( Navy ).
4. Duties of Indian Navy SSC Executive Officer 2013
As an Executive officer, you would be at the helm of affairs in ships. Executive officers are leaders of men, strategists of modern warfare and ambassadors of our country when in foreign waters. Modern warship are highly evolved fighting machines needing capable and decisive leaders to operate them. A glorious career would see many highpoints and chief among them would be Command at sea. Executive officers actively participate in all facets of Naval operations i.e. air, surface and sub-surface operations. They are specialists in Missile and Gunnery, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Electronic Warfare and Communications, Navigation and Direction, Hydrography and NBCD.
5. Duties of Indian Navy SSC Technical Officer 2013
Tech ( GS ) Branch “As a Technical officer you would be responsible for keeping the naval ships and aircraft fighting fit at all times. Technical officers handle state of the art weapons ( Gunnery, Missiles and Anti Submarine ) and propulsion systems ( Gas Turbines, Diesel and Steam Engine ). Selected technical officers are also deputed for M Tech from prestigious academic institutes like IITs / IISc. Opportunities for handling projects involving high end technologies are also provided to Technical Officers”.
6. The Indian Navy Offers You
Promotions & Pay Scale in Indian Navy 2013 : Promotion from Sub-Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows :
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||Military Service Pay|
|Sub Lieutenant ( SLt )||PB-3/15600-39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant ( Lt )||PB-3/15600-39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant Commander ( Lt Cdr )||PB-3/15600-39100||6600||6000|
|Commander ( Cdr )||PB-4/37400-67000||8000||6000|
7. Indian Navy SSC Officers Allowances ( as applicable ) :
The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month ( pm ) ( in Rs )|
|Technical||Technical Officer||2500-6250 / pm depending on courses qualified|
|Instructional||All officers posted as Instructor||2250 / pm|
|Submarine||Qualified Submariner||11250-17500 / pm|
|Marcos||Qualified As Marcos||11250-17500 / pm|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||1000 / 500 / pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving Onboard Ships ( Sailing Only )||5250-6500 / pm on basis of Rank|
|Uniform||All Officers||20,000 ( Initial grant) & 6250 ( Every 3 Yrs )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of basic Pay|
|House Rent||All Officers not provided with Govt. Accommodation||10-30 % of Basic ( Pay Band + Grade Pay +MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 ( + DA thereon )|
8. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately 66,500/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are subject to change.
9. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free Medical Facilities for self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
10. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 40 lakhs for Tech. Branch and Executive ( GS ) ( on contribution ) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
11. Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and dependents. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
12. Sports & Adventure : The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
13. Physical Fitness : In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit by undertaking regular physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.
14. Physical Standards for Indian Navy SSC Officers 2013
The candidates should not be colour / night blind & must be physically fit according to following physical standards :
- Height and Weight : Minimum height 157 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight.
|Sl. No.||Branch / Specialisation||Eye Sight|
|without glasses||with glasses|
|(i)||Technical ( ‘E’ & ‘L’ ) ( General Service )||6/24||6/6|
|(ii)||Executive ( GS )||6/12||6/6|
15. Short Service Commission in Indian Navy 2013
Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules. Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as added advantages in acquiring second career, post exit from the Navy.