Indian Navy SSC Officers in Executive ( General Service / Hydro Cadre / IT / Naval Architecture ) & Technical Branch Course Jul 2014 – Indian Navy SSC Officer Course Selection | Indian Navy SSC Officer Course Application Form
Indian Navy invites Engineers to join the Indian Navy as Short Service Commissioned Officers in Executive Branch ( General Service / Hydro Cadre / Information Technology / Naval Architecture ) and Technical Branches Jul 2014 course.
1. Indian Navy SSC Officers recruitment 2014 applications are invited from unmarried male / women candidates for grant of Short Service Commission ( SSC ) in the Executive Branch ( General Services / Hydro Cadre / Information Technology / Naval Architecture ) and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy for Jul 2014 course at Indian Naval Academy ( INA ) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates to fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
2. Indian Navy Executive Branch Course Eligibility Conditions 2014 :
Indian Navy SSC Officer Age Limit 2014 :
Age & Block dates for the different entries are as follows :
|Ser No.||Entry ( Branch / Cadre )||Age||Born between ( both dates inclusive )|
|(a)||Executive ( GS ) / Hydro Cadre||19 to 25 years||02 Jul 1989 to 01 Jan 1995|
|(b)||SSC X ( IT )||19 ½ to 25 years||02 Jul 1989 to 01 Jan 1995|
|(c)||Technical ( General Service ) Branch ( 'E' & 'L' )||19 ½ to 25 years||02 Jul 1989 to 01 Jan 1995|
|(d)||Submarine Specialisation||19 ½ to 25 years||02 Jul 1989 to 01 Jan 1995|
|(e)||Naval Architecture||19 ½ to 25 years||02 Jul 1989 to 01 Jan 1995|
3. Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy SSC Officers 2014 : Completed B.E / B.Tech Degree with minimum 65% marks in aggregate from a recognised university in one of the following specified streams :
|Ser. No.||Branch / Specialisation||Eligible streams of BE / B.Tech||Gender|
|(a)||Executive ( GS / Hydro Cadre )||B.E / B. Tech ( Any discipline )||Only Men|
|(b)||SSC ( IT )||i. BE / B.Tech ( Computer Science / Computer Engg / IT )|
ii. B.Sc ( IT )
iii. M.Tech ( Computer Science )
iv. M.Sc ( Computer )
v. BCA / MCA
|(c)||Naval Architecture||i. Mechanical|
iii. Aeronautical / Aerospace
v. Naval Architecture
|Men & Women|
|(d)||Engineering (E) Branch||i. Mechanical|
v. Industrial & Production
vii. Aeronautical / Aerospace
viii. BS Marine Engg.
|(e)||Electrical (L) Branch||i. Electrical|
iii. Tele Communication
v. Instrumentation and Control
vi. Electronics and Instrumentation
vii. Electronics and Communication
viii. Power Engineering
ix. Control System Engineering
x. Power Electronics
|(f)||Engineering Branch||i. Mechanical|
v. Industrial & Production
vii. Aeronautical / Aerospace
viii. BS Marine Engg.
x. Instrumentation & Control
xi. Automation & Robotics
xii. Industrial Engg. & Management
xiii. Production Engg.
|(g)||Electrical Branch||'Electrical' or 'Electronics' or ‘Control’ or ‘Telecommunication’ or Instrumentation or Power Engg. or Electronics & Communications or Control System Engg. or Power Electronics||Only Men|
- Candidates who are educationally eligible for more than one Branch / Cadre should fill up ( apply only one Indian Navy Application Form ) and mention his priority in the Form.
- Candidates not qualified or appearing in final exam are not eligible to apply.
- Technical branch candidates as mentioned above at Ser. No. (a) & (b) can also be allotted Air Technical Specialisation / appointed as Air Technical Officers by IHO MoD ( Navy ).
Duties of Indian Navy SSC Officers 2014
4. Executive Officer / General Service Duties : As an Executive officer, you would be at the helm of affairs in ships. Executive officers are leaders of men, strategists of modem warfare and ambassadors of our country when in foreign waters. Modern warship are highly evolved fighting machines needing capable and decisive leaders to operate them. A glorious career would see many highpoints and chief among them would be Command at sea. Executive officers actively participate in all facets of Naval operations i.e. air, surface and sub-surface operations. They are specialists in Missile and Gunnery, Anti Submarine Warfare, Electronic Warfare and Communications, Navigation and Direction, Hydrography and NBCD.
5. Hydrography Officer Duites : Hydrography is one of the sub specialisations of the Executive branch of the Indian Navy, which qualifies officers to undertake Hydrographic Surveys of uncharted Indian & foreign waters for producation of nautical charts for safe navigation at sea. Hydrography not only contributes towards safety at sea, but also plays a big role in successful completion of various coastal / offshore developmental projects. It is a highly challenging and satisfying discipline.
6. Information Technology ( IT ) Officer Duites : On completion of training, officers would be posted onboard in ships & establishment for carrying out IT duties. The officers would be handling state of the art networks and niche applications, both in operational and administrative areas. Sufficient opportunity to handle both ‘open source applications’ and ‘proprietary tailor made software, will be available. Your job profile would involve designing / implanting secure and critical networks including manning of secruity operation / network operation centres. Officers will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology like unified domain, share point, SAP etc while implementing and maintaining various Navy wide applications, portals & dedicated IT systems.
7. Technical ( GS ) Officer Duites “As a Technical officer you would be responsible for keeping the naval ships and aircraft fighting fit at all times. Technical officers handle state of the art weapons ( Gunnery, Missiles and Anti Submarine ) and propulsion systems ( Gas Turbines, Diesel and Steam Engine ). Selected technical officers are also deputed for M Tech from prestigious academic institutes like IITs / IISC. Opportunities for handling projects involving high end technologies are also provided to Technical Officers”.
8. Tech ( Submarine Specialisation ) Officer Duites : As a Submarine Technical Officer you will be responsible to run & maintain modern submarines and its weapon systems. You would get professional satisfaction of maintaining hi-tech machines with state-of-the-art weapon control systems, computer controlled machinery and awesome fire power. On successful completion of the rigorous training conducted at different training establishments, you will be a proud possessor of ‘Dolphin Badge’ and become a member of a very elite arm of the Navy.
9. Naval Architecture Cadre Officer Duties : Naval Architects specialise in warship and submarine constructions. A Naval Architect is involved in design, construction, quality control, repair and construction of Naval vessels. In no other career, an Architecture Officer get exposed to such vide developments. The Naval Architecture Cadre offers excellent opportunities to keep abreast of the advancement in ship building technology.
The Navy Offers You
10. Promotions & Pay Scale for Indian Navy SSC Officers : Promotion from Sub-Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.
The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows :
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||Military Service Pay|
|Sub Lieutenant ( SLt )||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant ( Lt )||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant Commander ( Lt Cdr )||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|Commander ( Cdr )||PB-4/37400 - 67000||8000||6000|
11. Allowances ( as applicable ) : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month ( pm ) ( in )|
|Technical||Technical Officer||2500 - 6250 / pm depending on courses qualified|
|Instructional||All officers posted as Instructor||2250 / pm|
|Submarine||Qualified Submariner||11250 - 17500 / pm|
|Marcos||Qualified as Marcos||11250 - 17500 / pm|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||1000 / 500 / pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving Onboard Ships||5250 - 6500 / pm on basis of Rank|
|Uniform||All Officers||20,000 ( Initial grant ) & 6250 ( Every 3 Yrs )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of basic Pay|
|House Rent||All Officers not provided with Govt. Accommodation||10 - 30 % of Basic ( Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600 - 3200 ( + DA thereon )|
12. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately 66500/- for Tech. ( GS ) and Executive ( GS ) and 66000/- for SSC ( IT / NA ) and 77750/- for Submarine Specialisation ( Engineering and Electrical ) per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are subject to change.
13. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free Medical Facilities for self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
14. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 50 lakhs for Submarine Specialisation and 40 lakhs for Tech. Branch and Executive ( GS ) ( on contribution ) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
15. Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and dependents. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
16. Sports & Adventure : The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
17. Physical Fitness : In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit by undertaking regular physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.
Physical Standards for Indian Navy SSC Officers in Executive Branch 2014
18. The candidates should not be colour / night blind & must be physically fit according to following physical standards :
(a) Height and Weight : Minimum height for male – 157 cms and for female – 152 cms with correlated weight.
(b) Eye Sight :
|SI. No.||Branch / Specialisation||Eye Sight
|without glasses||with glasses|
|i.||Executive ( GS ) / Hydro Cadre||6/12||6/6|
|ii.||SSC X ( IT )||6/60||6/6|
|iii.||Technical ( ‘E’ & ‘L’ ) ( General Service )||6/24||6/6|
|iv.||Technical Submarine Specialisation ( ‘E' & 'L’ )||6/24||6/6|
|v.||SSC ( NA )||6/60||6/6|
19. Short Service Commission
Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules. Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as added advantages in acquiring second career, post exit from the Navy.