Indian Navy Executive Branch General Service Course Jul 2012
1. Indian Navy General Service Course applications are invited from unmarried male and female candidates for grant of Short Service Commission ( SSC ) in Executive Branch ( General Services ) and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy for Jul 2012 Course at Indian Naval Academy ( INA ) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates to fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
Eligibility Conditions for Executive Branch General Service Course
2. Age : Age & Block dates for the different entries are as follows :
|Ser No.||Entry ( Branch / Cadre )||Age||Born between ( both dates inclusive )|
|(a)||Technical ( General Service) Branch ( ‘E’ & ‘L’ )||19½ to 25 years||02 Jul 1987 to 01 Jan 1993|
|(b)||Submarine Cadre ( ‘E’ & ‘L’ )||19½ to 25 years||02 Jul 1987 to 01 Jan 1993|
|(c)||Naval Architecture Cadre||21 to 25 years||02 Jul 1987 to 01 Jul 1991|
|(d)||Executive ( GS )||19½ to 25 years||02 Jul 1987 to 01 Jan 1993|
3. Indian Navy SSC Officers General Service Course Educational Qualifications :
Four years B.E / B. Tech Engineering Degree qualified with minimum 60% marks in aggregate from a recognised university with one of the following streams :
|Ser No.||Branch / Cadre||Eligible streams of B.E / B. Tech.||Eligible Gender|
|Technical Branch ( General Service )|
|(a)||Engineering ( E ) Branch||Only Men|
|(b)||Electrical ( L ) Branch||Only Men|
|Sub Marine Cadre|
|(c)||Engineering Branch||Mechanical||Only Men|
|(d)||Electrical Branch||‘Electrical’ or ‘Electronics’ or ‘Control’ or ‘Telecommunication’ or Instrumentation||Only Men|
|Naval Architecture Cadre|
|(e)||Naval Architecture Cadre||Men & Women|
|Executive ( GS ) Cadre|
|(f)||Executive ( GS ) Cadre||B.E / B. Tech ( Any discipline )||Only Men|
Important Note for Indian Navy General Service Course :
- Women Candidates can apply only for Naval Architecture Cadre.
- Male Candidates who are educationally eligible for more than one Branch / Cadre should fill up ( apply only one Application Form ) and mention his priority in the Indian Navy Form.
- Candidates not qualified or appearing in final exam are not eligible to apply.
- Candidate with any backlog history in B.E / B. Tech is not eligible to fill the Indian Navy form.
Physical Standards for Indian Navy General Service Course
4. The candidates should not be colour / night blind & must be physically fit according to following Indian Navy physical standards :
- Height and Weight : Minimum height for male -157 cms and for female – 152 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight :
|Sl. No.||Branch / Cadre||Eye Sight|
|without glasses||with glasses|
|a.||Technical ( ‘E’ & ‘L’ ) ( General Service )||6/24|
|b.||Technical Submarine Cadre ( ‘E’ & ‘L’ )||6/24|
|c.||Naval Architecture ( NA )||6/60|
|d.||Executive ( GS )||6/12|
Indian Navy Short Service Commission
5. Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules. Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as added advantage in acquiring second career, post exit from the Indian Navy.