Indian Navy – Short Service Commissioned Officers in Executive Branch – Duties,How to Apply
Indian Navy invites Unmarried Men to Join The Indian Navy As Short Service Commissioned Officers in Executive Branch July 2008 Course.Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian citizens for Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Executive Branch (General Service) of the Indian Navy for Jan 2009 Course.
- Indian Navy Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian citizens for Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Executive Branch (General Service/Hydro Cadre) of the Indian Navy for Jan 2008 Course.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy SSC Officers in Executive Branch 2008.
INDIAN nAVY Age: 19 ½ to 25 years born between 02 Jan 1984 and 01 Jul 1989; both dates inclusive.
Indian Navy Educational Qualifications: Any of the following:
- A Science graduate with Physics & Mathematics with minimum 55% marks from a recgnized University.
- M.Sc. with Physics or Mathematics with minimum 55% marks. [M.Sc. (Physics) should have done Mathematics in graduation and M.Sc. (Mathematics) should have done Physics in graduation] from a recognized University.
- BE / B Tech with minimum 55% marks in aggregate in any discipline from a institution recognized by AICTE.
- Science graduates (Physics & Mathematics) from a recognized University holding NCC Naval Wing, Senior Division ‘C’ certificate can also apply.
- Graduate / Post Graduate in Operations Analysis and Operational Research / Quantitative methods with minimum 75% marks from recognised university.
- Graduate / Post Graduate in Mathematics, with Probability or Statistics with minimum 75% marks from recognised university.
Physical Standards for Indian Navy SSC Officers in Executive Branch :
- Height and Weight. Minimum height – 157 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight: The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/12, 6/12 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.
Indian Navy Short Service Commission:
Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extent rules. Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as added advantages in acquiring second career post exit from the Navy.