Indian Navy SSC Officer as Pilot / Observer Course Dec 2014 – Indian Navy SSC Officer Pilot Course Selection
Indian Navy invites unmarried men and women to join the Indian Navy as Short Service Commissioned Officer as Pilot / Observer for the course commencing Dec 2014.
Join the Elite – Life without limits
1. Indian Navy SSC Officer as Pilot / Observer course applications 2014 are invited from unmarried Indian citizens for Short Service Commission ( SSC ) as Pilot / Observer in the Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing Dec 2014 at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala.
2. Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy Pilot / Observer Course 2014
Indian Navy Pilot / Observer Course Age Limit 2014 :
- General Candidates : 19 to 24 years, born between 02 Jan 1991 and 01 Jan 1996; both dates inclusive.
- CPL Holders : 19 to 25 years, born between 02 Jan 1990 and 01 Jan 1996; both dates inclusive.
Note : Applicants who have failed in in PABT ( Pilot Aptitude Battery Test ) earlier are not eligible for Pilot Entry, but can apply for the Observer Entry scheme.
3. Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy Pilot / Observer Course 2014
a. General Candidates : A graduate degree in any discipline with minimum 70% marks. Should have qualified 10+2 level with Mathematics & Physics.
b. CPL Holders : A graduate degree in any discipline with minimum 60% marks. Should have qualified 10+2 level with Mathematics and Physics. The candidate must beholding valid and current CPL issued by DGCA ( India ).
4. The gender requirement for Indian Navy SSC Officer is as follows :
|(b)||Observer||Men & Women|
Note : Candidates who have not completed their Degree ( i.e. appearing candidates ) need not apply.
5. Indian Navy Pilot / Observer Physical Standards 2014
- Height and Weight : Minimum height for men 162.5 cms and for women 152 cms with correlated weight, leg length, sitting height and thigh length.
- Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6. Should not be colour / night blind.
- Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist end or on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on case to case basis.
Note : There will be no relaxation in Physical Standards for Indian Navy SSC Officer Pilot Course 2014.
Induction and Training :
6. Candidates will be inducted as officers under Short Service Commission Scheme. Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules. The Officers will be on probation for a period of two years and till completion of their initial training for Indian Navy ( whichever is later ), during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
7. Pilot Entry : Candidates selected under Pilot entry scheme will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala. This will be followed by Stage I and Stage II flying training at the Air Force Academy / Naval establishments. On successful completion of Stage II training the trainees will be awarded wings indicating qualified as ‘Pilot’. Full pay and allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training.
8. Observer Entry : Candidates selected under Observer entry scheme will be inducted as an officer in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala. This will be followed by flying training at Observer school including professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships. Full pay and allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training.
9. Indian Navy SSC Officer Training 2014 : The training for Indian Navy is scheduled to commence in the month of Dec 2014. Only unmarried candidates are eligible to undergo training. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him / her and expenditure incurred on him / her by the Government.
Important Officers inducted under these schemes will not be given extension beyond fourteen years and will not be eligible for Permanent Commission.
10. How to Apply for Indian Navy SSC Officer as Pilot / Observer Course Dec 2014
Candidates have to submit application online for Indian Navy SSC Officer Pilot / Observer entry. Receipt of multiple applications for Indian Navy from the same candidates will result in cancellation of his / her candidature. The candidates applying online ( e-application ) can do so from 24 Mar 2014. The Indian Navy SSC Officer 2014 online application registration will cease on 11 Apr 2014.
11. Whilst filling up the e-application for Indian Navy Pilot 2014, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following :
- Correct filling up of personal particulars, details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as Postal address, e-mail address, Mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
- Candidates are required to upload recent passport size digital photograph of size less than 25kb (.jpeg or .jpg format ).
12. Filling up of Indian Navy e-application 2014 : For filling up application Online visit Indian Navy website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in and proceed as follows :
- Click in the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home Page.
- Fill the Indian Navy 2014 online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling the form click on Preview and check if all the information entered by you are correct.
- Before clicking the Print Application button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevant details.
- Before clicking the instructions for SSB Button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of SSB by clicking on the instructions for SSB button and take the print of the application form by entering the details from the download sections under officer entry.
- Print two copies of the online Application Form for Indian Navy having the system generated Application Number. One copy of Indian Navy Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed ( posted ) to Post Box No. 02, Sarojini Nagar PO, New Delhi – 110 023 along with the following documents : Self attested photograph, Attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semesters / years attested by gazetted officer.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope : Online Application No. ___ Application for SSC Pilot / Observer – Dec 2014 Course Qualification _____ Percentage ___% . Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stapled, IHQ MoD ( Navy ) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.