Indian Navy SSC Officer as Pilot / Observer Course Dec 2014 Selection Procedure – Indian Navy SSC Officer Pilot Course
- Candidates will be issued call up for Indian Navy Service Selection Board ( SSB ) interviews based on their performance in educational qualification. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence ( Navy ) reserves the right to short-list applications for Indian Navy Pilot Entry 2014 and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- Indian Navy 2014 SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled from Jun to Oct 2014 at Bangalore. The candidates can check their status of SSB interview call letter on www.nausenabharti.nic.in
- The total duration of Indian Navy SSB interviews is five days, consisting of stage I ( Day one ) and stage II ( Four days ). Stage I Tests, consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be sent back on the same day from Indian Navy SSB Centre. Stage II Tests consists of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests and Interview. Successful candidates will undergo the following :
- For Pilot – PABT ( Pilot Aptitude Battery Tests ) followed by Aviation Medical examination.
- For Observer – Aviation Medical examination.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs, cleared PABT ( for Pilot Entry ) and declared medically fit will be appointed for training based on merit list and depending on the number of vacancies in Indian Navy available.
- Change of SSB Centre for Indian Navy interview is not permissible.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests during SSB.
- Return 3rd AC rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for this commission.
14. Male candidates who do not clear PABT / Aviation medicals and have opted for Short Service Executive ( General Service ) will only be considered for the same, if qualified medically & educationally ( Only BE / B.Tech ). This is subject to availability of Indian Navy vacancies and on their position in the merit list.
15. Duties of Pilot Officer in Indian Navy 2014
On completion of basic flying training and on award of wings after commission, you would have an opportunity to fly Fixed Wing Aircraft or helicopters. This could be from an aircraft carrier, other ships decks or from an airfield ashore. You would be flying machines at the cutting edge of technology. You would actively participate in all facets of Naval Operations, i.e. Air, surface and sub-surface operations. An honorable, exciting & adventurous life awaits you as a pilot in the Indian Navy.
16. Duties of an Observer Officer in Indian Navy 2014
On completion of training, would be part of the Naval Aviation Arm. As an airborne tactician your primary task would be to operate various state of the art equipment including Radar, Sonar, Electronic Warfare equipment, Communications equipment and even launch airborne weapons. You will get an opportunity to participate in all facets of Naval Operations on board Maritime Patrol aircraft and state of the art helicopters.
The Indian Navy Offers You
17. Indian Navy Pilot Pay Scale & Promotions 2014 : The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service condition. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria for Indian Navy is as follows :
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
18. Indian Navy Allowances ( as applicable ) : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month ( in )|
|Flying Allowance||Qualified Pilot / Observer||11250-17500/pm|
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructor||2250/pm|
|Uniform||All Officers||20000 ( Initial grant ) & 6250 ( Every 3 Yrs )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of basic Pay|
|House Rent||To Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10-30 % of Basic ( Pay Band+Grade Pay + MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 ( + DA thereon )|
19. Cost to Company ( CTC ) for Indian Navy Pilot Entry 2014 :
The CTC for a sub Lieutenant would be approximately 83,500/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Flying Allowance, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
20. Indian Navy Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides Free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
21. Group Insurance & Gratuity in Indian Navy 2014 : Insurance cover of 40 lakhs ( on contribution ) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
22. Indian Navy Leave Entitlements 2014 : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
23. Sports & Adventure : The Indian Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
24. Physical Fitness in Indian Navy 2014 : In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit through physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.
- Final receipt of the printout of the Online Application Form for Indian Navy 2014 with system generated Application Number and all documents as mentioned in Para 12 sub Para (e) above if received by 21 Apr 2014 will be the final confirmation of receipt of your Indian Navy Application at IHQ MoD ( Navy ). Hence, only filling the application Online / generation of Application No. does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria given in the Indian Navy 2014 advertisement.
- Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application for Indian Navy 2014 can be rejected, if found ineligible at any point of time.
The term and conditions, given in Indian Navy Advertisement, are subject to change and should, therefore, be treated as guidelines only Details are also available on website : www.nausena-bharti.nic.in