Indian Navy SSC Officer in Logistics Cadre Jun 2017
1. The Indian Navy applications are invited from unmarried Indian citizens for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in following branches/Cadres in Indian Navy for the course commencing Jun, 2017 Course at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala.
(both dates inclusive)
|Type of Commission||Gender|
|(a)||Education||21 – 25 Years||02 Jul 1992 – 01 Jul 1996||PC||Male|
|(b)||Logistics||19 ½ - 25 Years||02 Jul 1992 – 02 Jan 1998||SSC||Male & Female|
2. The Indian Navy Educational Qualifications. Candidates with following educational qualification may apply :-
Branch/Cadre : PC (Edn)
Indian Navy SSC Logistics Cadre Educational Qualification :
- M.Sc. Physics (with Maths in B.Sc.) or
- M.Sc. Maths (with Physics in B.Sc.) or
- M.Sc. Chemistry (with Physics in B.Sc.) or
- M.A. (English) (with Physics or Maths in Intermediate or equivalent standard) or
- M.A. (History) OR BE/B.Tech/M.Tech in Mech/Electrical/Electronics
Minimum (%) : 60% for B.Tech 50% for Post Graduat
Branch/Cadre : SSC (Logistics)
Educational Qualification for Indian Navy SSC Logistics Cadre Jun 2017 :
- BE/B.Tech in any discipline or
- MBA or
- B.Sc/B.Com/B.Sc.(IT) with first class and a PG Diploma in Finance/Logistics/Supply Chain Management/Material Management or
- MCA/M.Sc (IT)
Minimum (%) : First Class
- Candidates who have not completed their Degree on the date of filling the application (i.e. appearing candidates) need not apply.
- Only one application is to be filled.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one branch/cadre should mention priority in their application form.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference. However, if not shortlisted for first preference they may be considered for alternate branch/cadre subject to availability of spare slots in SSB batches of that branch/cadre. Once shortlisted for a branch/cadre subsequent stages of selection process (SSB, medicals & meriting) will be exclusively for the branch/cadre only.
3. Indian Navy SSC Logistics Cadre Physical Standards Jun 2017 :
- Height & weight : Minimum height Male – 157 cm, Female – 152 cm with correlated weight as per age and height.
- Eye sight : The minimum acceptable vision standards for distance is 6/6, 6/12 correctable to 6/60, 6/60 with glass. Should not be colour / night blind.
- Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body, however, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
The Navy Offers You
4. Indian Navy SSC Logistics Cadre Pay Scale & Promotions : The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.
Indian Navy Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows :-
|RANK||PAY BAND/SCALE||GRADE PAY||MSP|
5. Indian Navy SSC Logistics Cadre Allowances (as applicable) : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows (being revised as per 7th CPC) :-
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month (in Rs)|
|Instructional||All officers posted as instructors||2700/pm|
|Sea Going||All Naval Officers serving on board Ships (Sailing only)||6300-7800/pm on basis of Rank|
|Uniform||All Officers||24000 (Initial grant) & 7500 (Every 3 Years)|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Government||25% of BP+GP+MSP|
|House Rent||Officers not provided Government Accommodation||10-30% of Basic (Pay Band+Grade Pay+ MSP)|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 (+DA thereon)|
6. Cost to Company (CTC) : The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately 74,100/- to 90,600/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowances, Transport Allowance, Ration Allowance and kit Maintenance Allowance. These rates are likely to change post implementation of 7th CPC.
7. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free medical facilities for self & dependents, LTC, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Government Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
8. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 50 lakhs (on contribution). Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force. These rates are likely to change post implementation of 7th CPC.
9. Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual leave and 20 days casual leave 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and dependents. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
10. Sports & Adventure : The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
11. Indian Navy Short Service Commission Logistics Cadre : Candidates inducted under Short Service Commission will be granted the commission initially for 12 years extendable further for two years.
12. (a) Duties of Education Officer :
Education Officer are responsible for imparting instructions onboard Training Ships & Establishments. Avenues to specialise in Meteorology & Oceanography/Naval Communication/Anti Submarine Warfare/Gunnery/Navigation & Direction/Hydrography/IT and M.Tech Courses are also available. Education Officers will also be responsible for control and coordination of School/Libraries/Academic facilities, Distance Education, Naval examinations (On/Offline), development of Training Design and Evaluation and Human Resources.
(b) Duties of Indian Navy SSC Logistics Officer :
Logistics Officer deals with the Logistics aspects of men and material. He/She plays vital role in the human aspect of the ship/establishment’s organisation. A modern warship irrespective of its role needs a continuous supply of fresh provisions, fuel and spares. You as a Logistics officer will be responsible for smooth supply of stores to all naval units. In no other career does an officer get such a vast exposure to keep abreast of modern and latest development in the field of management and finance.
13. Indian Navy SSC Logistics Cadre Jun 2017 Selection Procedure :
The Indian Navy selection procedure is as follows :-
- IHQ of MoD reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off/percentage of marks without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam during December, 2016 to March, 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form).
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter. Candidates are to download the call up letter on receiving intimation from IHQ MoD
- By SMS/Email.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests during SSB interviews.
- AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for that type of commission.
14. Indian Navy Training is scheduled to commence in Jun 2017 at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at Indian Naval Academy followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments/Units/Ships. Full Pay and allowances are admissible to the Officers whilst undergoing training.
15. The Indian Navy Terms and Conditions :
- Selected candidates will be on probation for two years from the date of reporting to the Indian Naval Academy/the date of commencement of training/completion of the initial training whichever is later.
- Only un married candidates are eligible for training. Any candidate found married or who marries while undergoing training will be discharged. He shall be liable to refund full pay and allowances drawn by him/her and other expenditure incurred on the candidate by the Government.
How to Apply for Indian Navy SSC Logistics Cadre Jun 2017
16. Candidates are to fill in ‘e-application’ (Online) for the entry. The candidates are to apply online (eapplication) from 24th September, 2016. The online application registration will cease on 14th October, 2016. The procedure for applying online.
Important : Please read the instructions given on the website carefully before submitting your ‘eapplication’ form.
17. Indian Navy Online (e-application) : Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following :-
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
18. Filling up of e-application : For filling up application Online visit The Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and proceed as follows :-
- Click on the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’.
- Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field
- After filling the form click on Preview and check if all the information entered by you are correct.
- Before clicking the Print Application button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevant details.
- Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of SSB by clicking on the instruction for SSB button and can take the print of the application form by entering the details from the download sections under officer entry.
- Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated Application Number.
- Paste recent passport size colour photograph at the space provided and self attest.
- One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed (posted) to the following address :
Post Box No.04,
RK Puram Main PO,
New Delhi – 110 066.
Along with the following documents :- Self attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester/years. Application to be sent by ordinary post only. Speed post/courier and Registered post will not be accepted.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope : Online Application No. ________ . Application for PC (EDN) / SSC (LOG) – Jun 17 Course. Qualification______ Percentage _____%. NCC ‘C’ Yes/No. Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/stapled; IHQ MoD (Navy) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
- Second copy of the complete application form is to be produce for SSB interview if short listed.
- Final receipt of the printout of the Online Application Form with system generated Application Number and all documents as mentioned in sub para (h) above if received by 24th October, 2016 will be the final CONFIRMATION of receipt of your Application at IHQ MoD (Navy). Hence, only filling the application Online/generation of Application No. does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria.
- Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found Ineligible/Invalid at any point of time.
- The applicants are advised to regularly check naval website and their mail box for SSB call ups.
- Disclaimer. Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of Indian Navy/Government of India will be final.