Indian Navy SSC Officer Education Branch Course Jan 2011
- Indian Navy Applications are invited from unmarried Male and Female Candidates for Short Service Commission Officers in the Education Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing Jan 2011 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates to fulfil condition of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
- Age: 21 to 25 years (candidate born between 02 Jan 1986 and 01 Jan 1990 both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification for Indian Navy 2010:A Master’s Degree in one of the following with minimum 50% marks Physics (with Maths in B.Sc.), Maths (with Physics in B.Sc.), Chemistry (with physics or Maths in B.Sc.), English and History.
Note: Candidates who have not completed their Degree (i.e. appearing candidates) need not apply.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy SSC Officers Course :
- Physical Standards for Indian Navy SSC Officers :
- Height and Weight: Minimum height Male-157 cms, Female-152 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight: The minimum acceptable standard for distant vision 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.
Indian Navy Short Service Commission
- Indian Navy Short Service Commission is granted for a period of 10 years, extendable to 14 years subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate.
On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules. Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as an added advantage in acquiring second career, post exit from the Navy.
- Indian Navy Application Form 2010
- If you meet the above requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper (typed or handwritten) in the prescribed Application Format. The envelop containing the form should be superscribe with “Education Branch – Jan 2011 Course, Educational Qualification M.Sc. (Physics/Maths) (as applicable) Aggregate Percentage……….%” and should be sent by 21 May 2010 to the following address:
Post Bag No. 04,
New Delhi – 110021.
Note: Application sent by Speed Post / Regd Post / Courier / Email will not be accepted.
- Application must be sent in the format given in this advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
- Application must be accompanied by attested copies of :
- 10th standard certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates.
- arks statement of all semesters / years.
Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged by thread. IHQ-MoD (Navy) will not be responsible for loss of Enclosures if sent loose.
- Selection Procedure for Indian Navy Recruitment 2010:
- The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board SSB Interviews based on their performance in BE / B Tech & Master’s Degree Courses. No communication will be entertained on this account. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with higher percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence(Navy) [IHQMoD(Navy)] reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled during Jan-Nov 2010 at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore.
- The total duration of SSB interviews is of 5 days, consisting Stage I (Day one) and Stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Discussion Tests (PDPT). Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day from SSB centre. Stage II Tests consist of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests, Group discussion and Interview. Recommended candidates will therafter undergo Medical Examination at nearest military hospital for duration of 05 days.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in order of All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies. The confirmation in the service is subject to satisfactory Police Verification Report and Character & Antecedent Certificate.
- Change of SSB Interview Centre is not permissible under any circumstances.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter and copy endorsed to Directorate of Manpower Planning & Recruitment (OI&R), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, IHQMOD(N), New Delhi-110011 (Fax No. 011-23011282). Allocation of fresh dates will be subject to availability of batches for the entry.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
Indian Navy Training :
- Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala Kerala, scheduled to commence in Jan 2011. This training will be followed by professional training. Full pay and allowances are admissible to the officers whilst undergoing training.
They will be on probation for a period of two years from the date of reporting to the Indian Naval Academy or the date of commencement of training whichever is later, during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
- Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while undergoing training will be discharged. He / she shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him / her and any other expenditure incurred on him / her by the Government.
Duties of Indian Navy Education Officer
- Education officers are responsible for imparting scientific and technical instructions in Training Ships & Establishments. Avenue to specialise in Meteorology & Oceanography / Naval Communications / Anti Submarine Warfare / Gunnery / Navigation & Direction / Hydrography / IT and MTech Courses are also available.
Education officers will also be responsible for control and co-ordination of Schooling / Libraries / Academic facilities, Distance Education, Naval examinations (On/Off line), development of Training Design and Evaluation and Human Resources.
The Navy Offers You
- Indian Navy Pay Scale & Promotions: Promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale subject to fulfilment of requsite service conditions.
The existing Pay Scale is as follows:
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Sub Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600-39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600-39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant CDR||PB-3 / 15600-39100||6600||6000|
|Commander||PB-4A / 37400-67000||8000||6000|
- Allowances (as applicable). The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows:
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month (pm) (in )|
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructor||1800 / pm|
|Technical||Technical Officer||2000-5000/pm depending on a course qualified|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||800 / 400 / pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officer Serving onboard Ships (Sailing Only)||4200-5200 / pm on basis of Rank|
|Uniform||All Officers||16000 (Initial grant) & 5000 (Every 3 Yrs)|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard||25% of basic Pay Area as declared by Government|
|House Rent||All Officers not provided Govt.||10-30 % of Basic (Pay Accommodation Band +Grade Pay +MSP)|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 (+DA thereon)|
- Privileges: Officers are entitled to free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents canteen facilities, entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports facilities, Furnished Government Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
- Group Insurance & Gratuity: Insurance cover of 40 lakhs (on contribution) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
- Leave Entitlements: Officers are entitled to (subject to service exigencies) 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year. Free travel for self and dependents as per extant rules by air/rail as per rank. In addition 40% concession for rail travel to any place at any time for self and family.
- Adventure & Sports: The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
- Physical fitness: In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to prepare yourself for physical training, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.