Indian Navy SSC Officer Education Branch Course Jan 2012
1. Indian Navy Applications for SSC Officer are invited from unmarried Male and Female Candidates for Short Service Commission in the Education Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing Jan 2012 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates to fulfill condition of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
Indian Navy Eligibility Conditions for SSC Officers Course
2. Age 21 to 25 years (candidate born between 02 Jan 1987 and 01 Jan 1991 (both dates inclusive).
3. Educational Qualification for Indian Navy
(a) A Master’s Degree with minimum 50% marks in any of the following :
(i) M.Sc Physics (with Maths in B.Sc)
(ii) M.Sc Maths (with Physics in B.Sc)
(iv) M.Sc (Operational Research / Analysis)
(v) M.Sc (Meteorology / Oceanography)
(vi) M.A (English)
(vii) M.A (History) Or
(b) Minimum 60% marks in any of the following disciplines :
(i) B.E / B. Tech (Mechanical)
(ii) B.E / B.Tech (Computer Science Engg. / IT)
(iii) M.Tech (Meteorology / Oceanography)
Note : Candidates who have not completed their Degree (i.e. appearing candidates) need not apply.
4. Indian Navy Physical Standards for SSC Officers
(a) Height and Weight : Minimum height Male -157 cms, Female -152 cms with correlated weight.
(b) Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable standard for distant vision 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.
Indian Navy Short Service Commission
5. Indian Navy Short Service Commission is granted for a period of 10 years, extendable to 14 years subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules. Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as an added advantage in acquiring second career, post exit from the Navy.
Application for Indian Navy SSC Officer 2011
6. (a) If you meet the above requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper in the prescribed Indian Navy Application Format. The envelope containing the form should be with superscription “Education Branch – Jan 2012 Course, Educational Qualification (as applicable) Aggregate Percentage……….%” and should be sent by 07 Jun 2011 to the following address :
Post Bag No. 04,
New Delhi – 110 021.
(b) Application for Indian Navy SSC Officer must be sent in the format available on website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in, otherwise it will be rejected.
(c) Indian Navy Application must be accompanied by attested copies of :
(i) 10th standard certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates.
(ii) Marks statement of all semesters / years.
(d) Indian Navy Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stapled. IHQ-MoD (Navy) will not be responsible for loss of Enclosures if sent loose.
Application for Indian Navy sent by Speed Post / Regd Post / Courier / E-mail will not be accepted.
Selection Procedure for Indian Navy 2011
7. (a) The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their performance in B.E / B.Tech / M.Tech & Master’s Degree Courses. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with higher percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. IHQ-MoD (Navy) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account.
(b) Indian Navy SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled during Jul to Nov 2011 at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore.
(c) The total duration of SSB interviews is 5 days, consisting Stage I (Day one) and Stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Discussion Tests (PDPT). Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day from SSB centre. Stage II Tests consist of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests, Group discussion and Indian Navy SSB Interview. Recommended candidates will therafter undergo Medical Examination at nearest military hospital for duration of 2-3 days.
(d) Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for Indian Navy training in order of All India Merit depending on the number of Indian Navy vacancies. The confirmation in the service is subject to satisfactory Police Verification Report and Character & Antecedent Certificate.
(e) Change of SSB centre for Indian Navy interview is not permissible.
(f) Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter and copy endorsed to the following address Allocation of fresh dates will be subject to availability of batches for the entry.
Directorate of Manpower Planning & Recruitment (OI & R),
Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing,
New Delhi – 110 011.
(Fax No. 011 – 23011282).
(g) No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
(h) Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the Indian Navy SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
Training for Indian Navy
8. Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala Kerala, scheduled to commence in Jan 2012. This training will be followed by professional training. Full pay and allowances are admissible to the officers whilst undergoing Indian Navy training. They will be on probation for a period of two years from the date of reporting to the Indian Naval Academy or the date of commencement of training whichever is later, during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
9. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while undergoing training will be discharged. He / she shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him / her and any other expenditure incurred on him / her by the Government.
Indian Navy Duties of Education Officer
10. Indian Navy Education officers are responsible for imparting instructions on board Training Ships & Establishments. Avenues to specialise in Meteorology & Oceanography / Naval Communications / Anti Submarine Warfare / Gunnery / Navigation & Direction / Hydrography / IT and MTech Courses are also available. Education officers will also be responsible for control and co-ordination of Schooling / Libraries Academic facilities, Distance Education, Naval examinations (On / Off line), development of Training Design and Evaluation and Human Resources.
The Indian Navy Offers You
11. Indian Navy Pay Scale & Promotions : Promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale subject to fulfilment of requsite service conditions. The existing
Pay Scale of Indian Navy is as follows :
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Sub Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600-39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600-39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant||CDR PB-3 / 15600-39100||6600||6000|
|Commander||PB-4A / 37400-67000||8000||6000|
12. Allowances (as applicable) : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month (pm) (in )|
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructors||1800 / pm|
|Technical||Technical Officer||2000-5000 / pm depending on a course qualified|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||800 / 400 / pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving on onboard Ships basis of Rank (Sailing Only)||4200-5200 / pm|
|Uniform||All Officers||16000 (Initial grant) & 5000 (Every 3 Yrs)|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of basic Pay|
|House Rent||All Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10-30 % of Basic (Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP)|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 (+ DA thereon)|
13. Cost to Company (CTC) :
The CTC for a sub Lieutenant would be approximately 58,000 /- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
14. Privileges :
In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides Free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
15. Group Insurance & Gratuity :
Insurance cover of 40 lakhs (on contribution) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
16. Leave Entitlements :
On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and family subject to maximum of SIX times in a year. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in vogue.
17. Sports & Adventure :
The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
18. Physical Fitness :
In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit by undertaking regular physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.