Indian Navy SSC Observer Officer 2011 – Selection Procedure
- Indian Navy invites applications from unmarried Men and Women candidates for Short Service Commission (Observer Officer) in the Aviation Cadre of Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing Jul 2011 at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala.
- Age : 19 to 23 years, born between 02 Jan 1988 and 01 Jan 1992; both dates inclusive.
- Educational Qualifications : A candidate must be a graduate in any disciplne with an aggregate of 65% marks. The candidate must have passed 10 + 2 with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects.
- Indian Navy Physical Standards :
- Indian Navy Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement, performance & willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules.
- Application Form for Indian Navy SSC Observer Officers :
Candidates to fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
Eligibility for Indian Navy Observer Officers :
Height and Weight : Minimum height Men – 162.5 cms and Women 152 cms with correlated weight, leg length, sitting height and thigh length.
Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6. Should not be colour / night blind.
Note : There will be no relaxation in physical standards.
- Indian Navy Application Forms in accordance with the prescribed format and complete in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Indian Navy application for SSC (Observer) – Jul 2011 Course, is to be sent to the following address in an A4 size envelope by 07 May 10.
Post Bag No. 05,
New Delhi – 110 001.
- Indian Navy Application must be sent in the format given in the advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
- Indian Navy Application must be accompanied by attested copies of 10th Standard Certificate (for verification of date of birth) and other educational certificates as required.
- Indian Navy Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/stitched by thread only. Integrated Headquarters – Min of Defence (Navy) (IHQ-MoD (Navy)) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
- Male Applicants willing to be considered for Short Service Executive (General Service) in case not qualifying Aviation medicals should endorse the same. The Candidate would be considered for the same if educationally qualified and meeting selection criteria / vacancies.
Note : Indian Navy applications sent by Speed Post / Registered Post / Courier will not be accepted.