Indian Navy – SSC Officers in Aviation Cadre (July) 2009
The Indian Navy invites Unmarried Men and Women to Join the Indian Navy as Short Service Commissioned Officers as Observer in the Aviation Cadre of Executive Branch July 2009 Course.
Join The Indian Navy – A Global Experience.
- Indian Navy Applications are invited from unmarried Men and Women candidates for Short Service Commission (Observer Officer) in the Aviation Cadre of Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing July 2009 at Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala.
Candidates to fulfill condition of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
- Age: 19 to 23 years, born between 02 July 1986 and 01 July 1990; both dates inclusive.
- Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy SSC Observer Officers in Aviation Cadre 2009:
A candidate must be a graduate in any disciplne with an aggregate of 55% marks. The candidate must have passed 10 + 2 with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects.
- Indian Navy Physical Standards
Eligibility Condition for Indian Navy SSC Observer Officers in Aviation Cadre 2009:
- Height and Weight. Minimum height-162.5 cms with correlated weight, leg length, sitting height and thigh length for both Men and Women candidates.
- Eye Sight. The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6. Should not be colour / night blind.
Indian Navy Short Service Commission
- Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement, performance & willingness of the candidate.
On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules.
Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as added advantages in acquiring second career post exit from the Navy.
- How to Apply for Indian Navy SSC Observer Officers in Aviation Cadre 2009
- Application Forms in accordance with the prescribed format and complete in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Application For SSC (Observer) – July 2009 Coure, Qualification………………………..Percentage……………..% (If applicable)” is to be sent to the following address by 10 October 2008.Post Bag No. 03, Chanakyapuri Post Office, New Delhi – 110 021.
- Application must be sent in the fogiven in the advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
- Application must be accompanied by attested copies of 10th Standard Certificate (for verification of date of birth) and other educational certificates as required.
- Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/stitched by thread only. Integrated Headquarters – Min of Defence (Navy) (IHQ-MoD (Navy)) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
- Male Applicants willing to be considered for Executive (General Service) in case not qualifying Aviation medicals should endorse the same. The candidature would be considered for the same if educationally qualified.
Note:Applications sent by Speed Post / Registered Post / Courier will not be accepted. Selection Procedure.
- Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their performance in educational qualification.
If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off.
Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) (IHQ-MoD (Navy)reserves the right to short-list applications and to fix cut off percentage without assigning any reason.
No communication will be entertained on this account.
- SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled during Feb to Apr 09 at Bangalore.
- “The SSB interview is conducted over five days in two stages. Stage-I includes inteligence Test, Picture Perception test and Group discussion and is conducted on the first day.
Stage-II includes Psychological Tests, Group Task and personal interview conducted over the balance four days.
Candidates failing to qualify a particular stage would be sent back the same day.
Successful candidates would then have to clear a Aviation medical examination at the same venue (approx duration 3-5 days)”.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit will be appointed for training in order of all India Merit depending on the number of vacancies and subject to police verification.
- Change of SSB centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
- “Candidates who wish to change their SSB dates, must apply to the President of the SSB, with a copy of the application addressed to Directorate of Manpower Planning & Recruitment (OI&R), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, IHQMOD(Navy), New Delhi-110 011 (Fax No.011-23011282).
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained during the selection process.
- ‘Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for this entry would be eligible free rail sleeper class return fare’.
- The training is scheduled to commence in the month of July 2009.
- Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships.
Full pay and allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training.
They will be on probation for a period of two years, during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible to undergo training. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged and shall beliable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him / her and expenditure incurred on him / her by the Government.
- On completion of training, you would be part of the Indian Naval Aviation Arm.
You would have an opportunity to man and fly onboard some of the most advanced flying machines in the world at the cutting edge of technology.
Your primary task would be to operate various state of the art equipment including sonics, sonars, radars and communication equipment.
You would get an opportunity to participate in all facets of Naval operations onboard the “eyes of the fleet”- the Long Range Maritime Patrol aircraft.
An honourable exciting and adventurous life awaits you as an Observer in the Navy.
- Promotions:The promotion criteria for different ranks is as follows :
Duties of an Observer Officer
The Navy Offers You
|Sub Lieutenant (SLt)||On commission|
|Lieutenant (Lt)||02 years as SLt|
|Lt Commander||04 years from date of promotion to Substantive Lt|
|Commander||11 years from date of promotion to Substantive Lt|
Note: Promotion from Sub Lt to Cdr is on time scale, subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions.
- Allowances (as applicable) Flying pay of 7,000/- per month will be eligible (being enhanced to 14,000/- by VIth Pay Commission).
- Dearness Allowance
- City compensatory Allowance
- Hill compensatory Allowance
- Kit Maintenance Allowance
- High Altitude/Uncongenial Climate Allowance
- Outfit Allowance
- Qualification Pay or grant
- Parachute Pay and Parachute Reserve Pay
- Sea Going Allowance
- Hardlying money
- Island Special Duty Allowance
- Instructional Allowance
- Technical Pay
- Low Rate interest loan from Goverment.
Sources for purchase of Car / Personal Computer / Scooter and Construction of House.
- Other Benefits:
Entitled ration as per scale, furnished accommodation and allied services at concessional rates, free medical facilities for self and dependents.
Group Housing Scheme, concessional transport facilities for school going children, Canteen facilities etc.
- Group Insurance & Gratuity:
Insurance cover or 20 lakhs (on contribution) as per latest rules in vogue.
Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
Additional group insurance scheme for aircrew is also available as per the latest rules in vogue.
- Leave and Leave Encashment:
Officers are entitled to (subject to service exigencies) 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year.
Free Travel for self and dependents as per rules & 50% concession by air. Leave encashment is permissible, as per latest rules in vogue.
- Adventure & Sports :
The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking.
In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing, etc.