Indian Navy SSC Officers in Law Cadre of Executive Branch January 2017 Course
The Indian Navy become a Short Service Commissioned Officer in Law Cadre of Executive Branch Course Commencing January 2017
Applications are invited from unmarried Male / Female candidates for grant of Short Service Commission in the Law Cadre of Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing January 2017 at Indian Naval Academy ( INA ) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
Indian Navy SSC Law Cadre Eligibility Conditions 2016
Age Limit for Indian Navy Law Cadre in Executive Branch 2016 : 22 to 27 years ( candidate must have been born between 02 January 1990 to 01 January 1995 ( both dates inclusive ) ).
Indian Navy Law Cadre in Executive Branch Educational Qualifications 2016 : A Degree in Law qualifying for enrolment as an advocate under Advocates Act 1961, with minimum 55% marks.
Note : Candidates who have not completed their Law Degree ( i.e. appearing candidates ) need not apply.
Indian Navy Law Cadre in Executive Branch Physical Standards 2016
Height & Weight : Minimum height Male – 157 cm, Female – 152 cm with correlated weight.
Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable standard for distant vision 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.
Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos on any part of the body are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities / from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face or forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist end on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand.
Note : There will be no relaxation in physical standards.
The Navy Offers You
Indian Navy SSC Law Cadre Pay Scale & Promotions : The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows :
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
Indian Navy SSC Law Cadre Allowances ( as applicable ) : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To Whom Granted||Rate Per Month (in Rs)|
|Instructional||All officers posted as instructor||2700/pm|
|Uniform||All Officers||24000 (Initial grant) & 7500 (Every 3 Years)|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of BP+GP+MSP|
|House Rent||To Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10-30% of Basic ( Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 (+DA thereon)|
Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately 74,100/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowances, Transport Allowance, Ration Allowance and kit Maintenance Allowance. These rates are subject to change.
Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free medical facilities for self & dependents, LTC, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports facilities, Furnished Govt Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 50 lakhs ( on contribution ) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual leave and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and dependents. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
Sports & Adventure : The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
Short Service Commission
Short Service Commission in Law entry is granted initially for 10 years and extendable upto 14 years in 2 steps i.e. 10+2 +2 subject to service requirement / performance and willingness of the candidates. Extension beyond 14 years is not permitted for any branches / specialisation.
Duties of Law Officer
The Judge Advocate General ( JAG ) Department is the legal arm of the Indian Naval Service. A Judge Advocate is appointed under Section 168 of the Navy Act, 1957 and is deemed to be a Judicial Officer. The primary role of a JAG officer is to deliver operationally focused, solution oriented legal advice and service across the full spectrum of Naval Law. Their duties include Courts martial as trial Judge Advocate providing advice on diverse laws, such as – Naval Law, International Maritime Law, Salvage, Privacy, Contract, Criminal and Civil Law, Personal Law and others.
Selection Procedure for Indian Navy SSC Law Cadre 2016
(a) The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board ( SSB ) based on their performance in Law Degree Course. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence ( Navy ) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account. Indian Navy Law Officer SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore / Visakhapatnam during June 2016 to September 2016. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS ( provided by candidate in their application form ).
(b) SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination ( approx duration 03 – 05 days ).
(c) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
(d) Change of SSB Centre for Indian Navy Law Cadre interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
(e) Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter.
(f) No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
(g) AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for that type of commission.
Indian Navy SSC Law Officer Training
Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant in January 2017 and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships. Full pay and allowances are admissible to the officers whilst undergoing training.
Terms & Conditions
Selected Candidates will be on probation for 02 years from the date of reporting to the Indian Naval Academy or the date of commencement of training / completion of the initial training whichever is later. Any candidate found married or who marries while undergoing training will be discharged. He / She shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him / her and any other expenditure incurred on him by the Govt.
How to Apply for Indian Navy SSC Law Cadre 2016 :
Candidates are to fill in ‘e-application’ (Online) for the Indian Navy Law Cadre entry. The candidates are to apply online (e-application) from 16 April 2016. The online application registration will cease on 06 May 2016.
Important : Please read the instructions given on the website carefully before submitting your ‘e-application’ form.
Indian Navy Law Cadre Online (e-application) :
Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following :
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
Filling up of e-application :
For filling up application Online visit our website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and proceed as follows :
- Click on the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home Page.
- Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling the form click on Preview and check if all the information entered by you are correct.
- Before clicking the Print Application button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevant details.
- Before clicking the instruction for SSB Button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of SSB by clicking on the instruction for
SSB button and can take the print of the application form by entering the details from the download sections under officer entry.
- Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated Application Number.
- Paste recent passport size colour photograph at the space provided and self attest the same
- One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed (posted) to Post Box No.04, Chankya Puri PO, New Delhi – 110 021 along with the following documents :Self attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester / years. Application to be sent by ordinary post only. Speed post / courier and Registered post will not be accepted.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope : Online Application No. ________. Application for Law Cadre – January 2017 Course. Qualification ______ Percentage _____%. NCC ‘C’ Yes/No. Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stapled, IHQ MoD (Navy) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.Note :
- Final receipt of the printout of the Online Application Form with system generated Application Number and all documents as mentioned in sub para (h) above if received by 16 May 16 will be the final confirmation of receipt of your Application at IHQ MoD (Navy). Hence, only filling the application Online / generation of Application No. does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria given in the advertisement.
- Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found ineligible / invalid at any point of time.