Indian Navy SSC Officer in Logistics Cadre – Selection Procedure
The Indian Navy Become a Short Service Commissioned Officer in Logistics Cadre of Executive Branch Course Commencing – July 2010.
Indian Navy applications are invited from unmarried Male and Female candidates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Logistics Cadre of Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing July 2010 at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala.
Candidates to fulfil condition of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
- Indian Navy Logistics Cadre – Eligibility Conditions:
- Age: 19½ to 25 years (i.e. born between 02 July 1985 and 01 Jan 1991; both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification: A First Class Degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognised University in any of the following:
- BA (Economics)
- B.Sc (IT)
- B.Tech / BE (any discipline including civil engineering)
- Graduate Degree with Post Graduate Diploma / Degree in Materials Management
- Chartered Accountancy.
Catering: Degree in Hotel / Hospitality Management.
Note: Candidates who have not completed their Degree (i.e. appearing candidates) need not apply.
- Indian Navy Logistics Cadre – Physical Standards:
- Height and Weight: Minimum height Male – 157 & Female – 152 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight: 6/36, 6/36 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses and should not be colour / night blind.
- Indian Navy Short Service Commission
Short Service Commission is granted for a period of 10 years, extendable to 14 years subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate.
On completion of these tenures, officers are released with gratuity as admissible under the rules.
- How to Apply for Indian Navy Logistics Cadre:
If you meet the above requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper (typed or handwritten) in the prescribed format duly completed in all respects with superscription on the envelope “SSC- Logistics Cadre – July 2010 Course, Educational Qualification …….…Aggregate Percentage………%” are to be sent by 12 Dec 2009 to the address given below:-
Post Bag No. 05,
New Delhi – 110001.
Note: Indian Navy Application sent by Speed Post / Regd Post / Courier will not be accepted.
Indian Navy Training
- The training is scheduled to commence in July 2010.
- Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala, followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships.
Full pay and allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training.
They will be on probation for a period of two years, during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible to undergo training.
Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged.
He shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and the expenditure incurred on him by the Government.