Indian Navy as Short Service Commissioned Officers
Invites Unmarried Men To Join The Indian Navy As Short Service Commissioned Officers In Executive Branch ( General Service ) Jul 2008 Course
Give Direction to your Life – Join the Indian Navy
1. Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian citizens for Short Service Commission ( SSC ) in the Executive Branch (General Service) of the Indian Navy for July 2008 Course.
2. Eligibility Conditions :
Age 19 ½ to 25 years born between 02 Jul 1983 and 01 Jan 1989; both dates inclusive.
3. Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy – Executive Officers 2008 Any of the following :
- A Science graduate with Physics & Mathematics with minimum 55% marks from a recognized University.
- M.Sc with Physics or Mathematics with minimum 55% marks. [ M.Sc ( Physics ) should have done Mathematics in graduation and M.Sc ( Mathematics ) should have done Physics in graduation ] from a recognized University.
- BE / B Tech with minimum 55% marks in aggregate in any discipline from a institution recognized by AICTE.
- Science graduates ( Physics & Mathematics ) from a recognized University holding NCC Naval Wing, Senior Division ‘C certificate can also apply.
4. Physical Standards :
- Height and Weight Minimum height – 157 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/12, 6/12 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.
5. Short Service Commission
Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extent rules. Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as added advantages in acquiring second career post exit from the Navy.
6. How To Apply for Indian Navy – Executive Officers 2008
(a) Application Forms in accordance with the prescribed format and complete in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Application For SSC ( GS ) ‘X’ – Jul 2008 Course Qualification…….. Percentage……..% NCC Certificate………… ( If applicable )” are to be sent to the address given below by 15 Oct 2007. Applications sent by Speed Post / Registered Post / Courier will not be accepted. Post Bag No. 04, RK Puram PO ( Main ), New Delhi – 110 066.
(b) Application must be sent in the format given in the advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
(c) Application must be accompanied by attested copies of :
- 10th Standard Certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates
- Marks statement of all semesters / years.
(d) Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stitched by thread only. Integrated Headquarters – Min of Defence ( Navy ) ( IHQ-MoD ( Navy ) ) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
7. Selection Procedure for Indian Navy – Executive Officers 2008 :
Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board ( SSB ) interviews based on their performance in educational qualification. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy ) ( IHQ-MoD ( Navy ) ) reserves the right to short-list applications and to fix cut off percentage without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account
SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled from Jan 08 to May 08 at Bangalore or Bhopal.
The total duration of SSB interviews is five days, consisting of stage I (Day one) and stage II ( Four days ). Stage I Tests, consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage will be sent back on the same day from SSB Centre. Stage II Tests consists of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests and Interview. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Special Medical Examination at the same venue ( approx duration 3-5 days )
Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit will be appointed for training in Order of all India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter and copy endorsed to the following adress :
Directorate of Manpower Planning & Recruitment ( Ol &R ),
Room No 204,’C’ wing.
Sena Bhavan, IHQ-MoD ( N ),
New Delhi-110 011.
( Fax No 011-23011282 ).
No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for this entry
8. Training :
The training is scheduled to commence in the month of Jul 2008.
9. Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Goa followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships. Full pay and allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training. They will be on probation for a period of two years, during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
10. Only unmarried candidates are eligible to undergo training. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
11. Duties of an Executive Officer
As an Executive officer, you would be at the helm of affairs in ships. Executive officers are leaders of men, strategists of modern warfare and ambassadors of our country when in foreign waters. Modern warships are highly evolved fighting machines needing capable and decisive leaders to fight them. A glorious career would see many high points and chief among them would be command at sea. Executive officers actively participate in all facets of Naval operations – above, below and on the surface of the sea. They are specialists in missilery and Gunnery, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Electronic Warfare and Communications, Navigation and Direction, Hydrography and much else. You can even opt to fly including fighter jets, be a marine commando, dive below the surface in a submarine or become an observer and operate state-of-the-art technologies in the air. An honourable, existing and adventurous life awaits you as an Executive officer in the Navy.The Navy Offers You