Indian Navy as Sailors Sports Quota Entry 2/2015 Batch
Indian Navy invites applications from unmarried Male candidates for enrolment as Sailors – Sports Quota Entry – 2/2015 Batch.
1. Indian Navy 2015 Sports Disciplines :
Outstanding sportsmen who have participated at International / Junior or Senior National Championship / Senior State Championship / All India Inter University Championship in Athletics, Aquatics, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Golf, Football, Gymnastics, Handball, Hockey, Kabaddi, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Wrestling, Kayaking / Canoeing, Fencing, Squash, Tennis and Best Physique, Shooting, Sailing & Wind Surfing, Rowing and Equestrian ( Horse Polo ).
2. Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy Sailors Sports Quota Entry 2015
- Direct Entry Petty Officer :
Indian Navy Direct Entry Petty Officer Educational Qualifications 2015 : 10+2 qualified in any stream or equivalent examination.
Sports Proficiency in Indian Navy Petty Officer Recruitment 2015
- Team Games : Should have participated at International / National / State Level at Junior / Senior Level or represented a University in the Inter University Tournament.
- Individual Events : Should have attained a minimum of 6th positions in Nationals ( seniors ) or 3rd position in National ( Juniors ) or 3rd position in the Inter University meets.
Age Limit for Indian Navy Petty Officer 2015 : 17 to 22 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Aug 1993 to 31 Jul 1998 ( Both dates inclusive ).
- Senior Secondary Recruitment ( SSR ) :
Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy SSR 2015 : 10+2 qualified in any stream or equivalent examination.
Indian Navy SSR Sports Proficiency 2015 : Should have participated at International / National / State Level or represented a University in the Inter University Tournament.
Age Limit for Indian Navy SSR 2015 : 17 to 21 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Aug 1994 to 31 Jul 1998 ( Both dates inclusive ).
- Matric Recruits ( MR ) :
Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy Matric Recruits 2015 : 10th / equivalent qualified.
Indian Navy Matric Recruits Sports Proficiency 2015 : Should have participated at International / National / State Level Tournament.
Age Limit for Indian Navy Matric Recruits 2015 : 17 to 21 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Oct 1994 to 30 Sep 1998 ( Both dates inclusive ).
- Candidates selected will be enrolled as Cooks or Stewards.
- Non Matric Recruits ( NMR ) :
Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy Non Matric Recruits 2015 : Passed VIth standard.
Sports Proficiency in Indian Navy NMR 2015 : Should have participated at International / National / State Level Tournament.
Age Limit for Indian Navy NMR 2015 : 17 to 21 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Oct 1994 to 30 Sep 1998 ( Both dates inclusive ).
- Candidates selected will be enrolled as Sanitary Hygienist.
- Sailing and Wind Surfing : Candidates who have participated in NCC / SCC Sailing Nationals may also apply for the post of SSR / MR / NMR.
3. Indian Navy Sailors Sports Quota Pay and Allowances 2015
During the initial training period, stipend of 5700/ pm will be admissible but on successful completion of initial Indian Navy training an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be admissible with retrospective effect.
On completion of initial Indian Navy training, they will be placed in the Pay Band 5200 – 20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @ 2000/- plus MSP @ 2000/- plus DA.
4. Promotion and Perquisites
Promotion : Indian Navy Promotion prospects exists up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I ( equivalent to Subedar Major ). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well, qualify the prescribed examinations / selection process and meet the Indian Navy eligibility condition stipulated from time to time.
- During the entire period of Indian Navy training and thereafter, Indian Navy Sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
- Indian Navy Sailors are entitled to medical treatment and Leave Travel Concession for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Insurance cover. Indian Navy Sailors also have the privilege to avail Annual and Casual Leave as per current regulations. Children education and house rent allowances are also admissible. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment.
5. Indian Navy Sailors Sport Quota Selection Criteria 2015
Deserving candidates would be called to appear for trials at designated Naval Centres. The candidates qualifying trials will undergo medical examination at INS Hamla, Mumbai. The offer of enrolment will be forwarded to the selected candidates only, which will be strictly determined by requirement in particular sports disciplines and availability of Indian Navy vacancies. Request for change of venue of selection trials will not be entertained. Incomplete Indian Navy Sailors applications will not be accepted.
Medical Standards :
- Indian Navy Sailors Sport Quota Medical examination 2015 will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
- Good mental, medical and physical health free from any disease / disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties. Colour perception : CP II.
- No Cardio – vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. Infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, vericose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
- Medical standard should be as per the detailed guidelines issued by IHQ MoD ( Navy ) in NO (Spl) 01/2008.
- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
Visual Standards :
|Without Glasses||With Glass|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Tattoos : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
Note : Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
6. Training and Initial Engagement
Indian Navy Sailor Training 2015 : The initial training for the course will be conducted at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
Discharge as Unsuitable : Sailors are liable to be discharged as unsuitable due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training. Additionally Ag PO entry are liable to discharge if sports performance does not improve to expected levels in the probationary period of three years.
Initial Engagement : The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of training. The initial engagement is of 15 years.
7. Selection Procedure for Indian Navy Sports Quota Entry Recruitment 2015
The Indian Navy Sailor Sport Quota application format is given at the end of Indian Navy advertisement. The selection procedure is as follows :
- Indian Navy Sport Quota Entry Application 2015 will be received only through ordinary post. Application received through speed post / registered post or couriers will be rejected.
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher sports achievements.
- Call up letters to eligible short listed candidates will be posted, indicating date, time and place for selection trial.
- All original certificates and mark sheets are to be produced at the time of selection trial.
- Candidates declared Medically Temporary Unfit in the recruitment medical examination can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review / appeal is permissible.
- Candidates declared Medically Permanent Unfit in the recruitment medicals can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital within 21 days on payment of 40 /- by Military Receivable Order ( MRO ) on Government Treasury. ( Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in the designated Military Hospital will not be considered ). No further review / appeal is permissible.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all respects depending upon the available vacancies in particular sports disciplines.
- The candidature of candidates selected is valid for the current batch only.
- All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form alongwith the Offer of Enrolment and the candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Hamla at the time of enrolment after getting their antecedants verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the internet site www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
8. How to Apply for Indian Navy Sailors Sports Quota Entry 2015
- Indian Navy Sport Quota Application Form 2015 : The application is to be submitted on A4 size paper only as per the given format. Only one application form is to be forwarded. Candidates who send more than one application for the same entry will be disqualified. Forms can also be downloaded from Internet : www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Envelops : The type of entry, sports discipline with achievements is to be clearly written on top of the envelope containing the application. Envelopes should be of brown colour. Example : Ag.PO/SSR/MR/NMR 02/2015 Kabbadi – National Level.
- List of Documents : The documents mentioned in the application form are to be punched and tied firmly with a strong thread to the application.
- Photographs : Candidates are required to submit one additional recent coloured passport size photograph along with the application with their name and signature on the reverse of the photograph. The background of the photograph should be blue. Indian Navy Sports Quota Application received without photographs or not in the specified format will be rejected. Computer generated / digital photographs will not be accepted.
Note : Attesting Officer’s name with office address / seal should be clear and legible.
Forwarding of Applications. Applications are to be forwarded to the following :
Indian Navy Sports Control Board,
7th Floor, Chankya Bhavan,
Integrated Headquarters, MoD ( Navy ),
New Delhi – 110 021.
Last Date of Receipt of Application : 01 July 2015
For candidates from the states of North-East, Sikkim, J & K, Andman & Nicobar, Lakshdweep & Minicoy Island : 07 July 2015.
Important Information : The terms & conditions given in Indian Navy advertisement are subject to change and may therefore be treated as guidelines only.
- In case of any difficulty faced by potential candidates they may contact IHQ MoD on Telephone : 011 – 26887485.