Indian Navy Sailors for SSR Course 2011
Indian Navy invites Applications from Unmarried Male Candidates for Enrolment as Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – 02/2011 Batch Course Commencing August 2011.
Eligibility for Indian Navy Sailors Course :
Applications are invited from unmarried Male Indian Citizens and male subjects of Nepal and Bhutan.
Educational Qualifications : Passed 10+2/ equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science
Age : Candidates should have been born between 01 Aug 1990 to 31 Jul 1994 (Both dates inclusive).
Pay and Perquisites :
Pay & Allowances :
- During the initial training period, stipend of Rs.5700/pm will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be admissible with retrospective effect.
- On completion of initial training, they will be placed in the Pay Band Rs.5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @Rs.2000/- plus MSP @Rs.2000/- plus DA.
Promotion : Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I (equivalent to Subedar Major) with pay scale of Rs. 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay @Rs.4800/- Plus MSP @Rs. 2000/- plus DA.
Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
- During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
- Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children education and house rent allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per government orders inforce and amended from time to time.
Indian Navy Selection Criteria :
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
Indian Navy SSR Course Written Test :
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is available on internet site www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
- Duration of question paper will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Indian Navy Sailors Physical Fitness Test (PFT) :
PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Indian Navy Medical Standards :
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms.Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
- Goodmental,medical and physical health free fromany disease/ disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties. Colour perception: CP II.
- No Cardio- vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
- Medical standard should be as per the detailed guidelines issued by IHQMoD (Navy) in NO (Spl) 01/2008.
- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
Visual Standards :
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Note :- Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
Final Enrolment Medical Examination : All select list candidates who are issued with a call letter for Final Medical examination will have to undergo Final EnrolmentMedical examination at INS Chilka prior to enrolment. Candidates found “unfit” during this medical examination will not be enrolled for training. No “appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment Medical Examination at INS Chilka.
Training and Initial Engagement :
Training : The training for the course will commence in Aug 2011, with 24 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
Discharge as Unsuitable : Sailors are liable to be discharged as Unsitable due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
Initial Engagement: The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of training and is for a period of 15 years.
Selection Procedure for Indian Navy Sailors SSR Course :
The applications are to be downloaded from website www.nausenabharti.nic.in.