Indian Navy Recruitment of Sailors for MR (Musician) 2010
Indian Navy invites Applications from Unmarried Male Candidates for Enrolment as Sailors for MR (Musician) – 2/2010 Batch.
Eligibility for Indian Navy Recruitment 2010
- Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy: Candidates should have passed the 10th standard (Matriculation examination).
- Indian Navy Age Limit: Candidates should have been born between: 01 Oct 1989 to 30 Sep 1993 (Both dates inclusive).
- Musical Ability. Should have proficiency in western notation, aural aptitude, knowledge of Theory of Music and actual practical skill on any Musical Instrument.
- Type of Instruments on which Proficiency Required. String, Key-board, Woodwind, Brass and Percussion Instruments both of Western and Indian Origin.
- Indian Navy Pay and Allowances
- During the initial training period, stipend of 5700/- pm will be admissible but on successful completion of initial training an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be admissible with retrospective effect.
- On completion of initial training, they will be placed in the Pay Band 5200-20200 in addition they will be paid Grade Pay at 2000/- plus MSP at 2000/- plus DA.
- Promotion: Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I (equivalent to Subedar Major) with pay scale of 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay at 4800/- Plus MSP at 2000/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations / selection process and meet the eligibility criteria.
- During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
- Sailors are entitled to medical treatment and Leave Travel Concession for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Insurance cover. Sailors also have the privilege to avail Annual and Casual Leave as per current regulations. Children education and house rent allowances are also admissible. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment.