Indian Navy Sailors for MR ( Musician ) 2 / 2008 Batch – Selection Procedure
Invites Applications from Unmarried Male Candidates for Enrollment as Sailors for MR ( Musician ) 2 / 2008 Batch Course Commencing 06 October 2008.
Applications invited from unmarried Male Indian Citizen
1. Educational Qualifications. Candidates should have passed the 10th standard ( Matriculation examination ).
2. Age : Candidates should have been born between : 01 Oct 1987 to 30 Sep 1991 ( Both dates inclusive ).
3. Musical Ability. Should have proficiency in western notation, aural aptitude, knowledge of Theory of Music and actual practical skill on any Musical Instrument.
4. Type of Instruments on which Proficiency Required. String, Key – board, Woodwind, Brass and Percussion Instruments both of Western and Indian Origin.
Pay and Requisites
5. Pay & Allowances
- During the initial training period the approximate emoluments – 2750/- pm.
- On completion of initial training, the approximate emoluments at present rate depending on rank and number of years of service – 2975/- to 9400/- pm.
6. Promotion : Promotion prospects exists up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer – I ( equivalent to Subedar Major ).
Opportunities for promotion to commiss oned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
- During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
- Sailors are entitled to medical treatment and Leave Travel Concession for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Insurance cover of 750,000/- is at nominal premium of 750/- per month. Sailors also have the privilege to avail up to 60 days Annual and 30 days Casual Leave and one free railway warrant every year. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. Children education and house rent allowances are also admissible.
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Musical Screening Test, Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
8. Screening Test
- Eligible short listed candidates will be sent call – up letters, giving date, time and place for preliminary screening to select suitable candidates based on their musical aptitude, potential and aural ability. The screening is likely to be held from 23 Jun to 26 Jun 2008.
- Those who qualify the preliminary screening will be required to undergo a medical examination. Medically fit candidates will proceed to INS Kunjali, Colaba, Mumbai for final screening and selection on All India Basis scheduled in Mid September 2008.
- After final selection, selected candidates will be enrolled and sent to INS Chilka ( Orissa ) for initial training.
9. Physical Fitness Test ( PFT )
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 25 squat ups ( Uthak Baithak ) and 10 Push – ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
10. Medical Standards
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
- Good mental, medical and physical health free from any disease / disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties. Colour perception : CP I I .
- No Cardio – vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, vericose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
- Medical standard should be as per the detailed guidelines issued by IHQ MoD ( Navy ) in NO ( Spl ) 01 / 1999.
- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
11. Visual Standards :
|Without Glasses and With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|6 / 60||6 / 60||6 / 9||6 / 24|
Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
12. Final Enrollment Medical Examination : All select list candidates who are issued with an offer of enrolment will have to undergo an Final Enrollment Medical Examination at INS Chilka prior to enrollment. Candidates found “unfit” during this medical examination will not be enrolled for training.
No “appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment Medical at INS Chilka.
Training and Initial Engagement
- Training : The training for the course will commence on 06 Oct 2008, with 15 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka in Orissa. Thereafter the sailors are sent to Mumbai for 26 weeks specialized training.
- Discharge as Unsuitable : Sailors are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
- Initial Engagement : The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of training. The initial engagement is of 15 years.