Indian Navy invites Online applications from unmarried Male candidates for enrolment as Sailors for Artificer Apprentice ( AA ) – 135 Batch course commencing February 2014.
Eligibility Conditions of Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentice Courses 2014
1. Online application for Indian Navy Sailors AA Course Feb 2014 is invited from unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal & Bhutan.
2. Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy AA Courses 2014 : Qualified in 10+2 / equivalent examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects; Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science.
3. Age Limit for Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice Courses 2014 : Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1994 to 31 Jan 1997 ( Both dates inclusive ).
4. Indian Navy Sailors Pay and Perquisites 2013
Pay & Allowances for Indian Navy Sailors for Artificer Apprentice 2013 :
The Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentices Basic Pay Band is 5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @ 2000 /- plus MSP @ 2000 /- plus ‘X’ Group Pay @ 1400 / – plus DA.
5. Indian Navy Sailors Promotion 2013 :
Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I ( equivalent to Subedar Major ) with pay scale of 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay @ 4800/- Plus MSP @ 2000/- plus ‘X’ Group Pay @ 1400/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
6. Perquisites for Indian Navy Sailors 2013 :
- During the entire period of Indian Navy training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
- Indian Navy Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children education and house rent allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility / admissibility is regulated as per government orders in force and amended from time to time.
7. Indian Navy Sailors AA Selection Criteria 2013
Indian Navy Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
8. Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentice Written Test 2013 :
- The question paper will be bilingual ( Hindi & English ) and of objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is also available on Indian Navy website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
- Duration of question paper will be of one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
9. Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) for Indian Navy Sailors 2013 :
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for Indian Navy selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups ( Uthak Baithak ) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
10. Medical Standards for Indian Navy Sailors 2013 :
Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Indian Navy sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
- Good mental, medical and physical health free from any disease / disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties. Colour perception : CP II.
- No Cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
- Indian Navy Medical standard should be as per the detailed guidelines issued by IHQ MoD ( Navy ) in NO ( Spl ) 01/2008.
Note : Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
11. Indian Navy Sailors Visual Standards 2013 :
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Note : Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Indian Navy are advised not to apply.
12. Indian Navy Sailors Final Enrolment Medical Exam 2013 :
All select listed candidates will be issued with a Indian Navy call letter for Final Medical examination and will have to undergo Final Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka prior to enrolment. Candidates found “unfit” during this medical examination will not be enrolled for Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice training. No “appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment Medical at INS Chilka.
Indian Navy Sailors Training and Initial Engagement 2014
13. Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice Training 2014 : The training for the Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice course will commence in early Feb 2014, with 09 weeks Basic Indian Navy Sailors Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
14. Discharge as Unsuitable : Indian Navy Sailors are liable to be discharged as Unsuitable due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the Indian Navy training.
15. Initial Engagement : The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of Indian Navy Sailors training. The initial engagement is of 20 years.