UPSC Exam Question Bank CDs More Details…
Indian Navy invites Online applications from unmarried Male candidates for enrolment as Sailors for Artificer Apprentice ( AA ) – 139 Batch course commencing February 2016.
Eligibility Conditions of Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentice Courses Feb 2016
1. Online application for Indian Navy Sailors AA Course Feb 2016 is invited from unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal & Bhutan.
2. Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy AA Courses 2016 : Qualified in 10+2 / equivalent examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects; Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science.
3. Age Limit for Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice Courses 2016 : Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1996 to 31 Jan 1999 ( Both dates inclusive ).
4. Indian Navy Sailors Pay and Perquisites 2015
Pay & Allowances for Indian Navy Sailors for Artificer Apprentice 2015 :
The Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentices Basic Pay Band is 5200 – 20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @ 2000/- plus MSP @ 2000/- plus ‘X’ Group Pay @ 1400/- plus DA.
5. Indian Navy Sailors Promotion 2015 :
Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer – I ( equivalent to Subedar Major ) with pay scale of 9300 – 34800 plus Grade Pay @ 4800/- Plus MSP @ 2000/- plus ‘X’ Group Pay @ 1400/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
6. Perquisites for Indian Navy Sailors 2015 :
- During the entire period of Indian Navy training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
- Indian Navy Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children education and house rent allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility / admissibility is regulated as per government orders in force and amended from time to time.
7. Indian Navy Sailors AA Selection Criteria 2015
Indian Navy Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
8. Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentice Written Test 2015 :
- The question paper will be bilingual ( Hindi & English ) and of objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is also available on Indian Navy website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
- Duration of Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
9. Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) for Indian Navy Sailors 2015 :
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for Indian Navy selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups ( Uthak Baithak ) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Advisory : Proficiency in sports, swimming and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
10. Medical Standards for Indian Navy Sailors 2015 :
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Indian Navy sailors on entry.
- Minimum Height 157 cms : Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order ( Special ) 01/2008.
- Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Final medical examination of all selected candidate will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit at final medical examination will be enrolled for training. No “Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
Note : Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
11. Indian Navy Sailors Visual Standards 2015 :
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Note : Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Indian Navy are advised not to apply.
12. Tatoos : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
Indian Navy Sailors Training and Initial Engagement 2015
13. Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice Training 2015 : The training for the Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice course will commence in Feb 2016, with 09 weeks Basic Indian Navy Sailors Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
14. Discharge as Unsuitable : Indian Navy Sailors are liable to be discharged as Unsuitable due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the Indian Navy training.
15. Initial Engagement : The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of Indian Navy Sailors training. The initial engagement is of 20 years.