Indian Navy Recruitment Oct 02/2016 for Steward, Cook & Topasses – Indian Navy Steward April Course 2016
The Indian Navy invites application from unmarried Male Indian citizens for recruitment of Stewards, Cooks and Topass ( Sanitary Hygienist ), for batch 02/2016, course commencing October 2016.
1. Indian Navy Stewards, Cooks, Topass Eligibility Conditions and Primary Job Requirements are as follows :
a. Age Limit for Indian Navy Stewards, Cooks, Topass 2016 : 17 to 21 years as on 01 October 2016 ( born between 01 October 1995 and 30 Sep 1999, both dates inclusive ).
b. Indian Navy Stewards, Cooks, Topass Eligibility Conditions and Job Requirements 2016 :
- Cook ( MR ) : They should be matric / class 10th passed. They would be required to prepare food as per menu ( both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products ) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties for efficient running of organisation.
- Steward ( MR ) : They should be matric / class 10th passed. They would be required to serve food in the officers messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties for efficient running of organisation.
- Topass ( NMR ) : They should be VI standard qualified. They will be required to maintain hygiene in wash rooms and other areas. In addition, they will be allotted other duties for efficient running of organisation.
2. Detailed eligibility criteria, selection procedure and the application format for Indian Navy Stewards, Cooks, Topass are available at all Rajya and Zila Sainik Board Offices and on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. Candidates can apply online also through our website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
3. The last date for receipt of Indian Navy Stewards, Cooks, Topass application is 03 Jan 2016. For candidates of North East, J & K, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep & Minicoy islands last date of receipt of Indian Navy application is 10 Jan 2016.
4. Call up letters for eligible short listed candidates will be posted, including date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during Mar / Apr 2016. The shortlisted candidates can also download their call letter from website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
5. Indian Navy Application is to be addressed to the following.
Post box No. 2,
Lodhi Road Post Office,
New Delhi – 110 003.
Indian Navy Syllabus for Matric Recruits :
|Sl. No.||Science||Mathematics||English||General Awareness|
|1.||Nature of Matter, Universe ( Planets / Earth / Satellites / Sun ), Electricity and its applications.||Mathematical Simplification, Ratio, Proportion, Direct and Indirect Variation, Algebraic identities.||Passage for Comprehension, Preposition. Change into Direct / Indirect speech.||Geography : Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland Harbours, Sports : Championships / Winners / Terms / No. of Players.|
|2.||Force and Gravitation, Newton's laws, Motion, Relative velocity, Work, Energy and power.||Linear equations and Polynomials, Simultaneous equations, Basic Trigonometry.||Change into active / passive voice, Punctuation.||Culture and Religion, Freedom Movement, Important National Facts about India, Heritage and Arts, Dance.|
|3.||Heat – Transference / Fire / Temperature, Light, Elements, Metals and non metals.||Simple Mensuration, Logic and Missing patterns, Basic set theory, Geometry.||Determiners ( Used of 'a', 'the', 'any' etc. ), Use of Pronouns, Use of Adjectives.||History, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, Awards and Authors, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition.|
|4.||Carbon and its compounds, Food, Nutrition and Health / Diseases, Physiology.||Measures of Central tendency ( Average, Median and Mode ).||Use of Verbs, Tenses, One word substitution.||Current Affairs, Languages, Capitals and Currencies, Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations.|
|5.||Measurements in Science, Environment, Sound & Wave motion, Atomic structure.||Interest, Profit, Loss and Percentage, Work, Time, Speed and Distance.||Meaning of Difficult words, Opposite of words.||Eminent Personalities, National : Bird / Animal / Sport / Flower / Anthem / Song / Flag / Monuments.|
Indian Navy Syllabus for Non Matric Recruits :
|Sl. No.||Arithmetic||General Awareness|
|1.||Ratio and proportion, LCM / HCF, Simplification, Basic Operation.||National : Bird / Animal / Sport / Flower / Anthem / Song / Flag / Monuments, Sports : Championships / Winners / Terms / No of Players, Culture and Religion, Geography : Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland Harbours, Languages, Capitals and Currencies, Eminent Personalities.|
|2.||Percentage, Average, Area of Circle / Square, Fraction.||Important National Facts about India, Heritage and Arts, Dance, Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations, History, Awards and Authors, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition, Current Affairs, Freedom Movement.|