Indian Navy SSC Officers in Technical Branches Course 2011 – Selection Procedure
- Indian Navy applications are invited from unmarried candidates who fulfill eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Technical [Engineering (E) & Electrical (L)] Branches of the Indian Navy for course commencing Jan 2011.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy 2010
- Age & Block dates for the different entries of Technical Branches are as follows:
|Ser No||Entry (Branch / Cadre)||Age||Born between (both dates inclusive)|
|(i)||Technical (General Service)||19 & frac12; to 25 years||02 Jan 1986 to Branch (‘E’ & ‘L’) 01 Jul 1991|
|(ii)||Submarine Cadre (‘E’ & ‘L’)||19 & frac12; to 25 years||02 Jan 1986 to 01 Jul 1991|
- Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy: Four years BE/B. Tech Engineering Degree qualified with minimum 60% marks in aggregate from a recognised university with one of the following streams:
|Ser.No||Branch / Cadre||Eligible streams of BE/B.Tech.|
|Technical Branch (General Service)|
|(a)||Engineering (E) Branch||‘Mechanical’ or ‘Production’ or ‘Marine’ or Branch ‘Control’ or ‘Aeronautical’|
|(b)||Electrical (L) Branch||‘Electrical’ or ‘Electronics’ or ‘Avionics’ or Branch ‘Instrumentation & Control’ or ‘Telecommunication’|
|(d)||Electrical Branch||‘Electrical’ or ‘Electronics’ or ‘Control’ or ‘Telecommunication’|
- Candidate who is educationally eligible for more than one Branch / Cadre has to apply only one application and mention his priority at para 14 of Application Format.
- Appearing candidates are not eligible.
Indian Navy Physical Standards:
- The candidates should not be colour / night blind & must be physically fit according to following physical standards:
- Height and Weight : Minimum height-157 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight : 6/24, 6/24 correctable to 6/6 in each eye with glasses.
Short Service Commission
- Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules.Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as added advantages in acquiring second career, post exit from the Navy.
Indian Navy Application Form 2010
- If you meet the above requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper (typed or handwritten) in the prescribed format duly completed in all respects with superscription on the envelope. Forward the application to the address as mentioned below by Ordinary post only to reach latest by 18 May 2010.Application sent through Regd. Post / Speed post / Courier / By Hand / E-mail will not be accepted.
Post Bag No. 02,
New Delhi – 110 023.
- Although Candidates may be eligible for more than one branch / cadre yet they have to submit only one application and mention priority at para 14 of Application Format.
Application must be accompanied by attested copies of:-
- 10th standard certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates.
- Marks statement of all (1st to 8th) semesters of BE / B Tech.
- Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged or stapled. IHQ-MoD (N) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures if sent loose.