Indian Navy Recruitment for PCO in Law Cadre of Executive Branch Course June 2014
Indian Navy become a Permanent Commissioned Officer in Law Cadre of Executive Branch Course Commencing June 2014
1. Indian Navy Applications are invited from unmarried Male Indian citizens for Permanent Commission Officers in the Law Cadre of Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing Jun 2014 at Indian Naval Academy ( INA ), Ezhimala, Kerala.
Indian Navy PCO Law Cadre Eligibility Conditions 2014
2. Age Limit for Indian Navy PCO Law Cadre : 22 to 27 years ( candidate must have been born between 02 Jun 1987 to 01 Jan 1992 both dates inclusive ).
Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy PCO Law Cadre 2014
3. A Degree in Law qualifying for enrolment as an advocate under Advocates Act 1961, with minimum 55% marks.
Note : Candidates who have not completed their Law Degree ( i.e. appearing candidates ) need not apply, their applications for Indian Navy will not be accepted.
4. Indian Navy PCO Law Cadre Physical Standards 2014
a. Height and Weight : Minimum height 157 cms with correlated weight.
b. Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable standard for distant vision 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.
c. Tatoo : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face or forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist end on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on case to case basis.
Note : There will be no relaxation in physical standards.
Indian Navy PCO Law Cadre Training 2014
5. Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant in Jun 2014 and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships. Full pay and allowances are admissible to the officers whilst undergoing Indian Navy training.
Duties of Indian Navy PCO Law Officer
6. Law officers render advisory role on multifarious subjects of law. The duty of a law officer is not restricted at the policy making stage but to see its implementation and execution in Indian Navy in sync with the legal principles.
Note : The entire cost of training, including books and reading material will be borne by the Indian Navy. The cadets will also be provided with free clothing and messing.
Application for Indian Navy PCO Law Cadre 2014
7. Candidates can submit only ‘e-application’ ( online ) for this entry. Candidates can submit their ‘e-application’ for this entry from 31 Jan 14 to 17 Feb 14. The procedure for applying online is explained in para 8 & 9 below. Only one application will be received from one candidate.
8. Before submitting the e-application, it is advisable to keep all educational certificates, email address, mobile number and paste latest colour photograph on application form.
9. Procedure for submitting e-application : Candidates can submit e-application by visiting our website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in and proceed as follows :
- Click on the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home Page.
- Fill the Online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling the form click on preview and check if all the information enterted by you are correct.
- Before clicking the Print Application button it should be checked whether all the details enterted in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevant details.
- Before clicking the instruction for SSB Button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of SSB by clicking on the instructions for SSB Button and can take the print of the application form by entering the details from the download sections under officer entry.
- Print two copies of the online application form having the system generation application number. One copy of this application form is to be duly signed and mailed ( posted ) to Post Box No. 04, Nirman Bhawan New Delhi – 110 011along with the following documents :i. Self attested photograph, photo copies of 10th class certificates for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates attested by gazzetted officer.
ii. Marks statement of all semester / years. Send one copy of printout of application by normal post. Application received by speed post / courier / registered post will not be accepted.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope :Online application no. ____. Application for Law Cadre – June 2014 course, Educational qualification ____Aggregate percentage ___%. Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stapled, IHQ MoD ( Navy ) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures / non receipt.
1. Final receipt of the printout of the online application form with system generated application number and all documents as mentioned in sub para 9(f) above ( if received by 27 Feb 14 ) will be the final confirmation of receipt of your application at IHQ MoD ( Navy ). Hence, only filling the application online / generation of application number does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria given in the advertisement.
2. Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found ineligible at any point of time.
Terms and Conditions of Indian Navy
10. Selected Candidates will be on probation for 02 yrs from the date of reporting to the Indian Naval Academy or the date of commencement of Indian Navy training whichever is later. Any candidate found married or who marries while undergoing training in Indian Navy will be discharged. He shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and any other expenditure incurred on him by the Govt.
Indian Navy PCO Law Officer Selection Procedure
11. a. Candidates will be issued call up letter for Service Selection Board ( SSB ) interviews based on their performance in Law Degree. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentages, his higher qualification will be considered for sut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence ( Navy ) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentages. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore during Apr to May 2014.
b. Stage I test, consisting of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Discussion Tests will be conducted on the second day of arrival at SSB. Candidate who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II Tests comprising of Psychological Testing, Group Testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical examination ( approx duration 03-05 days ).
c. Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training as per order of All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
d. Change of SSB venue is not permissible.
e. Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the concerned SSB. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be given by the President SSB subject to availability.
f. No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
g. Return 3rd AC rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the same type of commission.
The Navy Offers You
12. On successful completion of training you will be commissioned as Sub Lieutenant. The benefits of being an officer in the Navy are enumerated in succeeding paragraphs.
13. Pay Scale & Promotions : The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions.
The Indian Navy Pay Scale is as follows :
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Sub Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant CDR||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|Commander||PB-4 / 37400 - 67000||8000||6000|
|Captain||PB-4 / 37400 - 67000||8700||6000|
|Commodore||PB-4 / 37400 - 67000||8900||6000|
|Rear admiral||PB-4 / 37400 - 67000||10000||-|
14. Indian Navy Allowances ( as applicable ). The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate per Month ( pm ) ( in )|
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructors||2250/ pm|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||1000 / 500 / pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving On board Ships ( Sailing Only )||5250 - 6500/pm on basis of Rank|
|Uniform||All Officers||20000 ( initial grant ) & 6250 ( Every 3 years )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of basic pay|
|House Rent||All Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10 - 30% of Basic ( Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600 - 3200 ( + DA thereon )|
15. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a sub Lieutenant would be approximately 69,000 /- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
16. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides Free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
17. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 50 lakhs ( on contribution ) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
18. Leave Entitlements : Officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and dependents. Leave during Indian Navy training period will be as per the Indian Navy Training Policy in force.
19. Sports & Adventure : The Indian Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
20. Physical Fitness : In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit by undertaking regular physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the Indian Navy training goals successfully.