Indian Navy Permanent Commissioned Officer Law Cadre of Executive Branch Course 2012
1. Indian Navy Applications recruitment 2011 are invited from unmarried Male Indian citizens for Permanent Commission Officers in the Law Cadre of Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing Jan 2012 at Indian Naval Academy ( INA ), Ezhimala, Kerala.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy
2. Age : 22 to 27 years ( candidate must have been born between 02 Jan 1985 to 01 Jan 1990 both dates inclusive ).
Indian Navy Educational Qualifications
3. A Degree in Law qualifying for enrolment as an advocate under Advocates Act 1961, with minimum 55 % marks.
Candidates who have not completed their Law Degree ( i.e. appearing candidates ) need not apply, their Indian Navy 2011 applications will not be accepted.
4. Physical Standards for Indian Navy
(a) Height and Weight : Minimum height 157 cms with correlated weight.
(b) Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable standard for distant vision 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.
Application for Indian Navy 2011
5. (a) If you meet the above Indian Navy requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper in the prescribed format duly completed in all respects with superscription on the envelope Law Cadre – Jan 2012 Course, Educational Qualification ………………….. Aggregate Percentage……….% and send to the address given below by 14 Jun 2011.
Post Bag No. 04,
Nirman Bhawan PO,
New Delhi – 110 011.
(b) Indian Navy Application form 2011 must be sent in the format available on website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in, otherwise it will be rejected.
(c) Application for Indian Navy must be accompanied by attested copies of :
(i) 10th standard certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates.
(ii) Marks statement of all semesters / years.
(d) Indian Navy Application 2011 and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stapled. IHQ-MoD ( Navy ) will not be responsible for loss of Enclosures if sent loose.
Application for Indian Navy 2011 sent by Speed Post / Regd Post / Courier / E-mail will not be accepted.
Selection Procedure for Indian Navy
6. (a) The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board ( SSB ) interviews based on their performance in Law Degree. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. IHQ-MoD ( Navy ) reserves the right to shortlist applications for Indian Navy and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account.
(b) SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled during Aug to Nov 2011 at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore.
(c) The total duration of SSB interviews is 5 days, consisting Stage I ( Day one ) and Stage II ( Four days ). Stage I Tests consist of Officers Intelligence Rating Tests ( OIRT ) and Picture Perception and Discussion Tests ( PDPT ). Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day from SSB centre. Stage II Tests consist of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests, Group Discussion and Interview. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Special Medical Examination at the same venue ( approx duration 2-3 days at nearest military hospital ).
(d) Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for Indian Navy training in order of All India Merit depending on the number of Indian Navy vacancies. The confirmation in the service is subject to satisfactory Police Verification Report and Character & Antecedent Certificate.
(e) Change of SSB centre for interview is not permissible.
(f) Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter and copy endorsed to the following address.
Directorate of Manpower Planning & Recruitment ( OI&R ),
Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing,
Sena Bhawan, IHQMOD ( N ),
New Delhi – 110 011.
Fax No. 011 – 23011282.
(g) No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
(h) Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
Indian Navy Training
7. Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant in Jan 2012 and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships. Full pay and allowances are admissible to the officers whilst undergoing Indian Navy training.
Terms and Conditions for Indian Navy
8. Selected Candidates will be on probation for 02 yrs from the date of reporting to the Indian Naval Academy or the date of commencement of training whichever is later. Any candidate found married or who marries while undergoing training will be discharged. He shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and any other expenditure incurred on him by the Govt.
Duties of Law Officer in Indian Navy
9. The Challenge is for those who want to operate on a legal battlefield that intensifies when area of work transcends National boundaries. Law officers render advisory role on multifarious subjects of law. The duty of a law officer is not restricted at the policy making stage but to see its implementation and execution in Indian Navy in sync with the legal principles.
The Navy Offers You
10. Indian Navy Pay Scale & Promotions :
The promotion for Indian Navy from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions.
The Indian Navy Pay Scale is as follows :
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Sub Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600-39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant CDR||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|Commander||PB-4 / 37400 - 67000||8000||6000|
|Captain||PB-4 / 37400-67000||8700||6000|
|Commodore||PB-4 / 37400-67000||8900||6000|
11. Allowances ( as applicable ). The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month ( pm ) ( in )|
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructors||1800 / pm|
|Uniform||All Officers||16000 ( Initial grant ) & 5000 ( Every 3 Yrs )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of basic Pay|
|Technical||Technical Officer||2000-5000 / pm depending on a course qualified|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||800 / 400 / pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving Onboard Ships ( Sailing Only )||4200-5200 / pm on basis of Rank|
|House Rent Grade||All Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10-30 % of ( Pay Band + Pay +MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 ( + DA thereon )|
12. Indian Navy Cost to Company ( CTC ) :
The CTC for a sub Lieutenant would be approximately 58,000 /- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
13. Indian Navy Privileges :
In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Indian Navy provides Free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
14. Group Insurance & Gratuity :
Insurance cover of 40 lakhs ( on contribution ) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
15. Indian Navy Leave Entitlements :
On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in vogue.
16. Sports & Adventure in Indian Navy :
The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
17. Indian Navy Physical Fitness :
In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit by undertaking regular physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the Indian Navy training goals successfully.