Indian Navy Permanent Commissioned Officer 2011
1. Indian Navy invites applications from unmarried Male for Permanent Service Commission Officers in the Education Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing Jul 2011 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates to fulfil condition of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
Eligibility for Indian Navy :
2. Age : 21 to 25 years (candidate born between 02 Jul 1986 and 01 Jul 1990 both dates inclusive).
3. Educational Qualification for Indian Navy Education Branch Course : A degree with min 50% marks or equivalent in any of the following :-
MSc Physics (with Maths in BSc), MSc Maths (with Physics in BSc), MSc (Operational Research/Analysis), M Tech/MSc (Meteorology/Oceanography), M Tech/ BE/B.Tech in any of the following disciplines
1. Electronics & Communication
2. Electrical & Electronics and Instrumentation
3. Electircal Engineering
4. Computer Science & Engineering/Info Technology
5. Mechanical Engineering
Note : Candidates who have not completed their Degree (i.e. appearing candidates) need not apply.
4. Indian Navy Physical Standards :
1. Height and Weight : Minimum height Male-157 cms with correlated weight.
2. Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable standard for distant vision 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses. Should not be colour/night blind.
5. Application Form for Indian Navy Permanent Commissioned Officer :
(a) If you meet the above requirements, apply on a single plain A4 size paper (as given in website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in) in the prescribed Application Format.
The envelop containing the form should be superscribed with “Education Branch – Jul 2011 Course, Educational Qualification M.Sc. (Physics/Maths) (as applicable) Aggregate Percentage……….%” and should be sent by 30 Nov 2011 to :-
Post Bag No.04,
New Delhi – 110 011.
Note : Application sent by Speed Post/Regd Post/Courier/Email will not be accepted.
(b) Application must be sent in the format given in this website, otherwise it will be rejected.
(c) Application must be accompanied by attested copies of :-
1. 10th standard certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates.
2. Marks statement of all semesters/years.
(d) Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged by thread/Stapled. IHQ-MoD (Navy) will not be responsible for loss of Enclosures if sent loose.
6. Indian Navy Selection Procedure :
1. The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their performance in Master’s Degree Courses. No communication will be entertained on this account. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with higher percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) [IHQ-MoD(Navy)] reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account.
2. SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled during Jan-Jun 2011 at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore.
3. The total duration of SSB interviews is of 5 days, consisting Stage I (Day one) and Stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Discussion Tests (PDPT). Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day from SSB centre. Stage II Tests consist of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests, Group discussion and Interview. Recommended candidates will therafter undergo Medical Examination at nearest military hospital for duration of 05 days.
4. Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in order of All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies. The confirmation in the service is subject to satisfactory Police Verification Report and Character & Antecedent Certificate.
5. Change of SSB centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
6. Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter and copy endorsed to Directorate of Manpower Planning & Recruitment (OI&R), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, IHQ-MOD(N), New Delhi-110011 (Fax No. 011- 23011282). Allocation of fresh dates will be subject to availability of batches for the entry.
7. No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
8. Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
7. Indian Navy Training :
Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala Kerala, scheduled to commence in Jul 2011.
This training will be followed by professional training. Full pay and allowances are admissible to the officers whilst undergoing training.
They will be on probation for a period of two years from the date of reporting to the Indian Naval Academy or the date of commencement of training whichever is later, during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
8. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while undergoing training will be discharged. He shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and any other expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
9. Duties of Education Officer :
Education officers are responsible for imparting scientific and technical instructions in Training Ships & Establishments. Avenue to specialise in Meteorology & Oceanography/ Naval Communications/Anti Submarine Warfare/Gunnery/Navigation & Direction/ Hydrography/IT and M Tech Courses are also available.
Education officers will also be responsible for control and co-ordination of Schooling/Libraries/Academic facilities, Distance Education, Naval examinations (On/Off line), development of Training Design and Evaluation and Human Resources.
The Navy Offers You
10. Pay Scale & Promotions :
Promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions.
The existing Pay Scale is as follows :-
|Rank||Pay Bands/Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
11. Allowances (as applicable). The allowances as applicable to officers are as follows :-
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month (pm) (in Rs)|
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructor||1800/pm|
|Technical||Technical Officer||2000-5000/pm depending on a course qualified|
|Sea going||All Naval Officer Serving||4200-5200/pm on on board Ships basis of Rank (Sailing Only)|
|Uniform||All Officers||16000 (Initial grant) & 5000 (Every 3 Years)|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard||25% of basic Pay Area as declared by Government|
|House Rent||All Officers not provided Government||10-30 % of Basic (Pay Accommodation Band +Grade Pay +MSP)|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 (+DA thereon)|
12. Cost to Company (CTC) : The CTC for a sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 49000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, Military Service Pay, DA, Grade Pay,Flying Allowance, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rate are not statuatory and are subject to change
13. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Government Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
14. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of Rs. 40 lakhs (on contribution) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
15. Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and dependents. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in vouge.
16. Adventure and Sports The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sports of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang ding, wind serfing etc.
17. Physical fitness : In the Indian Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to build up yourself by physical training, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.