Indian Navy – Permanent Commissioned Officers (Musician Cadre) 2009 – Selection Procedure
Indian Navy invites Outstanding Men with Musical Skills and Aptitute to Join as Permanent Commissioned Officer in The Musician Cadre of the Executive Branch Course Commencing – Jul 2009.
- Indian Navy Applications are invited from unmarried Male candidates fulfilling the conditions regarding nationality as laid down by the Goverment, of India for Permanent Commission (PC) in the Musician Cadre of Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing July 2009 at Naval Academy (NAVAC) Ezhimala, Kerala.
- Age:21 to 25 years (i.e. born between 02 July 1984 and 01 July 1988; both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy – (Musician Cadre)
Degree from a recognised University (relaxable to Higher Secondary for applicants having exceptional professional ability in music).
- Professional qualification
Should have one of the following Diploma in Music: ATCL, LTCL, ARCM or equivalent. Those with higher professional knowledge and aptitude will be preferred. Professional competency without Diploma will also be considered.
- Musical ability: Ability to competently play a military band instrument in addition to Piano forte or instruments of the string section with Western music notation.
- Experience: Experience as a conductor of an Orchestra / Band and or as a teacher of Indian / Western Music.
- Indian Navy Physical Standards
- Height and Weight. Minimum height 157 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight. 6/36, 6/60 ( correctable to 6/6 in each eye with glasses).
- How to Apply for Indian Navy – (Musician Cadre):
- If you meet the above requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper (typed or handwritten) in the prescribed format duly completed in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Pc- Musician Cadre – July 09 Course.
Applications are sent By 27 Sep 08 tothe following address:
Director of Music,
Mumbai – 400 005.
- Application must be sent in the format given in this advertisement.
- Application must be accompanied by attested copies of 10th standard certificate (for verification of date of birth) and other educational certificates as required. (d) Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/ stitched by thread only. lHQ-MoD (N) will not be responsible for loss of Enclosures if sent loose.
Note:Applications sent by Speed Post / Read Post / Courier / Email will not be accepted.